Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Dusting TFs

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Dusting TFs

Postby rodrigorajao » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 pm

How do you guys go about dusting your TFs?? I use a clean soft cloth and compressed air, which works fine on the easy spots, but I find dust encrusted in the more detailed figures (like say, Cybertron Primus) and I can't reach some of it.

How do y'all do it?? TYIA.
rodrigorajao
Mini-Con

Re: Dusting TFs

Postby zemper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm

use a soft-bristle toothbrush for caked-on dust.

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Craven Knight » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 pm

My shelves of TF's seem to attract dust faster than anything else in my house, man it pisses me off.

I use this special cloth it's like, "ionicly charged" or something so it pulls the dust onto itself.
Craven Knight
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Darth Screamer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Use a large artists brush with natural bristles.
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander

Postby rob_charb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Personally, I use a modelling paintbrush to dust them. I don't know the make or size of the top of my head, I think it might be a Tamiya product, but I can check when I get home from work today.
rob_charb
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:32 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I use one of the brush attachments on my Dremel tool. Sucks up and blows away the loose stuff, and helps me dig out the caked dust from the nooks and crannies.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
News Credits: 39
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014