Sabrblade wrote:Aside from some slightly different insignia decals, and the different colored cockpit canopy on Starscream, is there really any other difference between these three and the originals?
I bought the Encore Decepticon Planes (minus Starscream; I already had the #22 reissue), and can easily tell you the differences when compared to my existing 1984-86 versions of the both (those still wearing decals, at least) to my unapplied Encore decals.
- Thundercracker and Skywarp's knee (feet) and top-of-intake decals are different colors. TC's originals are a dark blue color, very close to his plastic's base color. SW's are a bluish violet, similar his wings' decals. The Encore sheets of both are printed in the same bluish-purple color (different from either's original blue/violet color, maybe a neutral ground?).
- The D'Con symbols are the same (as the second issue of the Planes' symbols, with rounded top points). The Encores only have their symbols painted (with sharp outlines; making the decal insignias on the sheets welcome, but unneeded).
- The D'Con symbols (which don't seem to have changed) were always printed in a different color from both the new and old Skywarp-exclusive (knee decals, feet decals, etc.) violet color.
- Thundercracker's decals are missing the horizontal line which breaks up the dark blue field at the crest of the kneecap. The same line is also on (easier-to-see) Dirge decals.
- The inside-of-the-intake decals and TC's "ribcage" decals sport a lighter, different shade of blue than the regular blue used on Thundercracker's knees.
I geniunely wish I could either find a label sheet with the sharp-cornered D'Con insignia decals, or that someone would repro them with the sharp corners. My regular Starscream and Skywarp are early-issue, single-tabbed variants who don't even have a letter on their die-cast chestplates. They're so old that only original parts will match.