This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Mkall » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
With the TFCon Powered Commander Exclusive out, I have taken pictures of the back cover, which sows sketches of two new characters. The first is the known Protector Armor upgrade for Classics Rodimus, the other figure appears to be based on Springer, but is it an upgrade kit or a complete figure?

Time will tell.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Valandar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Those shoulders kinda remind me of Classics Grimlock... o.O
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby emeraldbeacon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Intriguing. The Rodimus kit, of course, looks sweet... I'm hoping it's removable armor, so I don't have to worry about permanently altering my Rodimus figure...

As for Springer, I can't quite place it. There are bits and pieces of several toys I see in there... the shoulders are somewhat reminiscent of Classics Grimlock, though I see a bit of Universe Onslaught in the legs. It has a bit of a 'roadbuster' feel to it, as well, in the chestplate... I can't quite make out any recent figure it might be made from. Could it be a completely new, fully-contained toy? Considering all they've learned and gained from their work on their previous projects, I wouldn't be surprised if they begin designing their own unique takes on classic (and forgotten) characters.

Of course, I think I'd prefer some of the REALLY obscure & forgotten characters, over another Springer. How about Trailbreaker or Gears? Why not a new version of a classic Headmaster like Chromedome? Or do something completely out of left field, like a completely original scout-sized figure that's a fully functional 'Energon' combiner limb?
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby Delicon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I too think that Springer has been well covered considering the Botcon release and also the Target Comic release.

However, I wil give them credit as they are apparently doing a lot to expand the "1986" set, which is very popular to certain collectors.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Unicron's_head » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:50 pm

The colors make it look like Springer but the tires on the legs just scream Roadbuster. Either way it shoud be a decent figure.
Unicron's_head
Fuzor

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Crap in a hat...

I might have to find a Classics Rodimus now. Dangit.

I could care less about Springer, but Rodimus looks good with the add on kit.

*sighs*
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby goshjosh95 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:46 am

Motto: "Amazing! A boobie trap that actually catches boobies. [Optimus Prime]"
Thanks for the pics! Eagerly anticipating the Rodimus Protector Kit upgrade.

I have no idea what figure the Springer kit upgrades... but I know I want him too!
:CON: "Decepticons, transform and rise up!"

My feedback thread: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/goshjosh95-t65587.php
goshjosh95
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Swiftpaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:48 am

Now if its properly a triplechanger, -that- will be something.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Didicos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:54 am

Motto: "...whatever..."
Weapon: Sword
Does anyone know if the armor kit for Rodimus transforms into some kind of trailer or something like the City Commander?This would upgrade Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime,which I think would be great...!
As far as the second figure is concerned,if it is Springer it is good....but the Botcon one is better.....
Didicos
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:06 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Didicos wrote:Does anyone know if the armor kit for Rodimus transforms into some kind of trailer or something like the City Commander?This would upgrade Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime,which I think would be great...!
As far as the second figure is concerned,if it is Springer it is good....but the Botcon one is better.....

Yup, the Rodimus kit is supposed to turn into a trailer. I'm not sure how they'll make it work, but they usually pull a rabbit out of their hat with these kits, so we should be wowed.

EDIT: http://www.fansproject.com/?page_id=101
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 am

There is a very blurry picture of Rodimus in alt mode on the FansProject website. It is here:
http://www.fansproject.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/protector_amode.jpg
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Diem » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:22 am

emeraldbeacon wrote:
Of course, I think I'd prefer some of the REALLY obscure & forgotten characters, over another Springer. How about Trailbreaker or Gears? Why not a new version of a classic Headmaster like Chromedome? Or do something completely out of left field, like a completely original scout-sized figure that's a fully functional 'Energon' combiner limb?
I totally agree (apart from the Trailbreaker thing, I mean he only just got re-released so he's hardly forgotten or obscure). Always hated Springer. He was supposed to be the Han Solo to Hot Rod's Luke and Arcee's Leia. Instead he was the A.C. Slater to Hot Rod's Zack Morris and Blurr's Screech. Too jock-y.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:27 am

Diem wrote:
emeraldbeacon wrote:
I totally agree (apart from the Trailbreaker thing, I mean he only just got re-released so he's hardly forgotten or obscure). Always hated Springer. He was supposed to be the Han Solo to Hot Rod's Luke and Arcee's Leia. Instead he was the A.C. Slater to Hot Rod's Zack Morris and Blurr's Screech. Too jock-y.

An Arcee figure would be welcome after Rodimus Prime and Springer. That way we will have all the main players from season 3. Also, Trailbreaker got an homage in the movie line as Stockade.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster

Postby Diem » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 am

Trikeboy wrote:
Diem wrote:
emeraldbeacon wrote:

An Arcee figure would be welcome after Rodimus Prime and Springer. That way we will have all the main players from season 3. Also, Trailbreaker got an homage in the movie line as Stockade.
Assuming you're talking about Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, Kup, Blurr, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Perceptor and Arcee...
Hmm...so at the moment G1 has everyone except Arcee. With BotCon and this upcoming set, Universe has everyone except Blurr, Arcee and Perceptor. Of the Autobots, Animated has (or will have) everyone except Springer, Kup, and possibly Perceptor. How frustrating!
Diem
City Commander

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 am

Oh one other thing, can a mod please correct the spelling mistake in the title. It is not roumer, it is rumor.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster

Postby Diem » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 am

Trikeboy wrote:Oh one other thing, can a mod please correct the spelling mistake in the title. It is not roumer, it is rumor.

Rumour :P
Diem
City Commander

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 am

Diem wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Oh one other thing, can a mod please correct the spelling mistake in the title. It is not roumer, it is rumor.

Rumour :P

Yeah, I know. I adjusted the word for the American's on this board.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster

Postby Solrac333 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 am

I feel a tingling in my wallet.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Delicon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:58 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm not even sure I will buy the Rodimus upgrade. I seem to have misplaced my Titanium Rodimus Prime but he more that fills the bill as a good Rodimus Prime. An extremely underrated figure.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:50 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I really don't know what to make of Springer either. It can't be an upgrade. Who would it be an upgrade of? Surely it would just be a robot suit without the ability to transform, a Grimlock in Springer's clothing if you will.

But at the same time I find the idea of Fan's Project making a stand alone Transformer a little worrying. Don't get me wrong, I think their Magnus and Prime trailers are awesome, and the Rodimus upgrade looks really cool, but they are JUST upgrades. But hey, we'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, if Springer turns out to be a success, maybe Fan's Project will answer a lot of peoples prayers and produce the rest of the Combaticons and Aerialbots for the Classics/Universe line.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Rodentus Prime » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:I really don't know what to make of Springer either. It can't be an upgrade. Who would it be an upgrade of? Surely it would just be a robot suit without the ability to transform, a Grimlock in Springer's clothing if you will.

Rhanson on TFW2005 -
they have designs of springer and protector (rodimus prime upgrade) shown at TFCon, he's a brand new figure.

along with all the other designs they have shown, silhouettes of wreckgar (new figure as well) and some other ones I didn't recognize are there too

Lets hope we see some photos from TFcon soon.
Rodentus Prime
Vehicon

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Well, considering how much I love he City Commander kit...they can consider anything they (FansProject) Put out on the market to be as good as bought as far as I am concerned. Can't wait for new stuff from them. These should be sweet...
Seibertron trading feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20397
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Wow, I'm really excited! :D I've wanted the Rodimus upgrade since I first saw the teaser pics, it's nice to see a better picture. Whatever the Springer is, he looks really cool.

I only hope these kits won't be too pricey. I'm hoping with the relatively smaller size than City Commander, the Protector kit will be a bit less.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:31 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Rodimus upgrade is a must have. It will be interesting to see exactly what this Springer set is.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby JaZzTaStIc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Motto: "Everything That Has A beginning Has An End...."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Energy Pulse Cannon
heres hopin its a triple-changer :D
personally the next new figure i'd lov to see them do is kup

"It’s A Pity Trophies Earn So Easily Or I Might Have A Sense Of Satisfaction Now..."
JaZzTaStIc
Minibot
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2013 230920A"
NEW!
HOIST Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
NEW!
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
NEW!
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON