This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:56 am

This set appears to be shaping up to be something special. I really love how FP seems to be pushing their designs and concepts with each new release, taking the best ideas from their prior releases and using them all to take these new releases to the next level. I just hope we see more of the Protector set. Rodimus seems to be getting list in the shuffle.

The only thing I can't figure out right now is whether the nose cone/front of Blast-Off is a separate add on or if it's part of the figure itself. -EDIT:never mind, I see what appears to be the hinge attaching the cone to the body of the shuttle.
Last edited by DevastaTTor on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am

I really don't want to rain on anyones parade, this set looks awesom and I would love to own one. But, accurate likenesses of copyrighted characters? They have got to be flying pretty close to Hasbros' radar on that one. Hopefully not for the worst.
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby freaky777 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:22 am

Looks really awesome.. makes me want to go get the superion add-on now.. and then this..
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
WOW! Launch pad mode, even! Amazing. I actually heard that there would be separate figures a few days ago, but didn't know any details. This is pretty impressive. I have to say it's quite tempting as well. I wasn't planning on getting this, but perhaps I'll see how it turns out and how much it will be.

Pretender Skywarp wrote:But, accurate likenesses of copyrighted characters? They have got to be flying pretty close to Hasbros' radar on that one. Hopefully not for the worst.

The thing is, while they resemble Hasbro's characters, they're not copies of their designs. They're still different enough that they can get away with it, much like Hasbro can get away with using real cars as alternate modes without licensing them (Classics Prowl, etc).
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby --B-- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Guess I have to re-visit keeping one of these sets. At the very least if I don't like th final look of the add-on I will be able to sell the one I have MISB.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 am

kirbenvost wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:But, accurate likenesses of copyrighted characters? They have got to be flying pretty close to Hasbros' radar on that one. Hopefully not for the worst.

The thing is, while they resemble Hasbro's characters, they're not copies of their designs. They're still different enough that they can get away with it, much like Hasbro can get away with using real cars as alternate modes without licensing them (Classics Prowl, etc).

I hadn't thought of it like that, it would be a shame to see some of these guys attract unwanted attention, rather than the positive responses coming out of this thread.
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:37 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Down_Shift wrote:Calllllllllllled it!

Now I can't wait to see picture of "Runner" or "Swindler" or what ever they will call the Swindle type figure.

"Car Salesbot" is my guess, or "Politician".
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Glee! I like how they play of adding a proper Blast Off by modifying Onslaught into a shuttle carrier, and the launcher mode is a nice use of tooling.

I can't wait to see what else it'll have and in real color. I don't know why I didn't think FansProject would create a new figure (probably two) to shoot for the spirit of the character. It certainly beats a set of monsterously complex additions to the existing figures I imagined.

It's cool, I'm certainly getting it, but DANG, how much of the orignal set is going to be left?
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby IceWilly » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Does this Bruticus suffer from the same Wide leg stance that Superion does, or is that not an issue?

This set has me possibly looking to pick up Bruticus and such, but I don't dislike the G1 toy at all. With Superion, since I want a version of him and G1 is sooo bad... I will be hard for me to spend 100$+ on G1 when I can spend 100$ for the toy and FP set... but Bruticus is a different matter. Certainly the set will cost more, and if they eventually add a Swindle could make it a must buy... but still G1 is not all that bad.

I may look into repainting ROTF superion, to get a G1 look.

Also, how feasible is this pose, which looks a ton better than the wide leg pose everyone seems to do?

Also, i think the snowman version looks a million times better and more polished... and may take very well to my potential repainting of the figure.
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:53 pm

You don't HAVE to pose Superion with his legs spread so widely. He has knees ... it's possible to pose him in many ways. The picture shows a pose that's easy to do.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
My wife just pointed out that if they do make a Swindle, I'll have to get 2 sets: one for Bruticus and one for my Swindle collection! She promptly regetted saying it :lol:

Plus, it's not like there's no presidence:
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
zodconvoy wrote:My wife just pointed out that if they do make a Swindle, I'll have to get 2 sets: one for Bruticus and one for my Swindle collection! She promptly regetted saying it :lol:

:lol: There's an explanation there... not much beyond animation error, but an explanation.

And wow, this is looking great.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Swiftpaw » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 pm

IceWilly wrote:Does this Bruticus suffer from the same Wide leg stance that Superion does, or is that not an issue?

All of the three Energon gestalts are sort of like this, just doe to how wide the leg components are compared to the narrower waist area. The -one- thing I would of done different on them is make their legs fold out the thighs and THEN down like a lot of the G1 versions did. But since you can twist and bend back the knee area on any of them, you can easily get some dynamic posing going that hides the need well, much like that picture does.

Personally, I like the Onslaught/Heatwave pillbox missile truck better than the G1 Cannontruck. But I'd still get this just for the new Blastoff, hopefully new Swindle, and having actual fists like Superion does. Though in Bruticus' case, the gun-hands aren't as bad. The two copter guys for arms look like actual hands at least.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I am looking forward to this add on alot.

Wish i would have picked up the ROTF bruticus maximus now :sad:

As far as price, im not worried too much. I mean, we thought the worst about the defender armor and it is "only" 80 bucks.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Exic » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 am

Woo! Looks impressive to me!
Transformer disguise in Ferrari F10
Exic
Fuzor

Postby Hero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 am

So glad I picked up the ROTF Bruticus set for 8 bucks on clearance at Target.
Hero
Mini-Con
News Credits: 26

Postby Dagon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
zodconvoy wrote:My wife just pointed out that if they do make a Swindle, I'll have to get 2 sets: one for Bruticus and one for my Swindle collection! She promptly regetted saying it :lol:

Friggin' awesome.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON