This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Got the Movie Book! *may contain spoilers....*

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Got the Movie Book! *may contain spoilers....*

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I got the movie book so I can't wait to read it and see the characters as the G1 had them :grin:
Last edited by Sunstar on Sun May 27, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Neko » Sun May 27, 2007 5:34 pm

Picked this up as well today. I'm well into it at the 60-80 page marker and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

As far as I can tell the story is the same as the leaked script up to this point. Dialogue varies, certain aspects of the scenes are different, but altogether relativly the same.

I'll see about posting a review (Spoiler and non spoiler versions if I have time) sometime this week.
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby JTKranix » Sun May 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Do either of you have a link? I checked amazon.com but only saw a book that was 48 pages.
JTKranix For Moderator 2008
JTKranix
Brainmaster
News Credits: 17
Buy from JTKranix on eBay

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 27, 2007 6:48 pm

I am on page 258 rightnow. I picked mine up at coles. Try indigo or chapters or something like that.

I am just gonna change the topic as a warning for spoilers there... Just incase.
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 27, 2007 7:12 pm

I finished the book. All I can say is I think I liked the Prequel Book better.
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun May 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Does a certain someone still bite the dust?
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 27, 2007 7:24 pm

all aformentioned certian someones do bite the dust.

I think it may be based on the original script (from what I have heard of it) I think it may differ from what was in the trailers.

Edit: Highlight for Spoilers

Starscream gets the Allspark and turns himself into an energon cube after which Thundercracker drank him up and passed out.

What was funny was when Frenzy turned himself into a Phonograph and started playing waltzing matilda

Then Optimus Prime turned into a Fry cutter and the major problem the Decepticons had was Barricade had turned into a basket of potatoes with a bad case of pink eye...and Prime diced him up really bad

After which Ironhide became a frier and they really made the Decepticons extra crispy. With all the current oilers in the trailers, it was pretty slick

Bumblebee served the fried Decepticons To Sam who ate them with his new girlfriend; they drank pepsi and lived happily ever after
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby JTKranix » Sun May 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Anyone have the official names of the books you are talking about? I'd like to go pick them up tomorrow but barnesandnoble.com list a ton of Transformers books and many different "movie" ones.
JTKranix
Brainmaster

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun May 27, 2007 10:07 pm

Sunstar wrote:all aformentioned certian someones do bite the dust.

I think it may be based on the original script (from what I have heard of it) I think it may differ from what was in the trailers.

Edit: Highlight for Spoilers

Starscream gets the Allspark and turns himself into an energon cube after which Thundercracker drank him up and passed out.

What was funny was when Frenzy turned himself into a Phonograph and started playing waltzing matilda

Then Optimus Prime turned into a Fry cutter and the major problem the Decepticons had was Barricade had turned into a basket of potatoes with a bad case of pink eye...and Prime diced him up really bad

After which Ironhide became a frier and they really made the Decepticons extra crispy. With all the current oilers in the trailers, it was pretty slick

Bumblebee served the fried Decepticons To Sam who ate them with his new girlfriend; they drank pepsi and lived happily ever after

Oh, boy, this sounds awesome!
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby JTKranix » Sun May 27, 2007 11:05 pm

Nevermind. I went though all the listings and found the two books!
JTKranix
Brainmaster

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 27, 2007 11:08 pm

JTKranix wrote:Anyone have the official names of the books you are talking about? I'd like to go pick them up tomorrow but barnesandnoble.com list a ton of Transformers books and many different "movie" ones.

Movie Prequel Book by Alan Dean Foster (Ghosts of Yesterday)
ISBN 978-0-345-49798-7

Transformers By Alan Dean Foster (Official Novel)
ISBN 978-0-345-49799-4
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby Neko » Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 am

After reading this I have come to two possible conclusions:

Either this novelization was written based on the same/near same leaked script before certain changes name wise were made, or we've been lied to.

Brawl is called Devastator in the book (yes he's in the book!)

The Allspark is still called the Energon Cube

Highlight for more spoilerific details

There's still the Megatron/Prime brotherhood deal but not so tacky as in the leaked script. Much more tolerable.

Megatron's still destroyed by Sam plunging the cube into his chest. Optimus is struggling with Megs and he tells Sam to plunge the cube into his chest, but Sam gives it to megs instead.

Jazz still bites the dust, but Meg's doesn't rip him in half and eat his spark. There's a touching moment at the end of the final battle when all the Autobots gather around Jazz's body and sort of mourn him.

AND THEY KEPT THAT SCENE! The one w/ BB pouring oil on the sector seven guys. It doesn't say if it came from his crotch like in the leaked script and I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Overall impression: I liked it. I really liked it. Some minor things bugged me, but that's more from a personal stand point then anything.

If you've read the leaked script, you may even recognize some sentances taken from it. There are a few small but noticable changes over all in dialouge, actions, and some added things here and there, but certainly a novelization of the script.

After reading this: I cannot wait for July 4th! :grin:
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Sunstar » Mon May 28, 2007 9:28 am

I think what bothered me, and I should expect this because it is a novelisation of the movie...but still, is that there was not as much Transformer tntrospection as it was in the Prequel. Ie in the Prequel, there were several different points of view. The Ghost one, the Sector 7, the Convoy, The Autobots and The Decepticons. Each group had a moment.

But, as neko said, which basically confirms my suspition, it seems to be based of the original script; which, oddly enough, I haven't read...

Highlight

Sorry but had to laugh when Ironhide made remark about the "vermin" problem (the dog) and how he suggested eliminating sam's parents "painlessly"
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby Neko » Mon May 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Sunstar wrote:Highlight

Sorry but had to laugh when Ironhide made remark about the "vermin" problem (the dog) and how he suggested eliminating sam's parents "painlessly"

lol. I liked that part too.

"Sorry-he has this male dominance thing." :lol:
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Seibertron » Tue May 29, 2007 7:38 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Book was officially released today ... added it as a news story: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10478
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sentinel Pax » Tue May 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Neko wrote:
Sunstar wrote:Highlight

lol. I liked that part too.

"Sorry-he has this male dominance thing." :lol:

Haha...who says the male dominance thing, because I find that pretty funny.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Roboto750 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I've said it once, I'll say it again... this was a dumb decision to release the book (and soon comic adaption) before the movie comes out! Talk about killing the surprises of the movie!

Anyway, thanks go out to everyone who has held back spoilers! ;)^ I really appreciate it! Let's just hope no one's an a-hole and ruins things for those of us who are waiting for the movie. I really don't want to have to abandoned the board until I see the movie at Botcon.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:54 pm

I was going to pick it it up today at Walmart but they didn't have it out

I wonder if there following the June 2nd date for the book also?
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby guara » Tue May 29, 2007 8:00 pm

With so much weirdness in the names (Brawl is confirmed, no? We have toy packagings already!), and the similarity to Prime Directive, I hope dear Alan Dean Foster had got the wrong sources.
guara
Mini-Con

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Tue May 29, 2007 8:13 pm

Weapon: Sword
I only read a few posts because I don't want to ruin anything. This story was written to be a film, so that is how I want to experience it the first time. Preferably at Botcon with many other TF fans.

I did read and enjoy the prequel book.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Tue May 29, 2007 8:32 pm

i've had it since last friday, but i haven't read it yet. i'm thinking about reading it with all the G1 incarnations of these characters in my head at the time, going to see the movie, and noting the differences

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Retardicon » Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 pm

How does something like the wrong names make it into the novelization? Didn't anybody think that maybe they should update the authors of there product? Or did the editor just say "F@ck it."

Thats really sad, even for a movie novelization.

I was looking forward to the book, too.
Retardicon
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue May 29, 2007 8:53 pm

I didnt mind the prequel book. I will end up buying this as well, once I find it, but I may hold off on reading it until I see the movie. I read the book, then saw the movie for Star Wars Ep2, and it kinda made the film look worse than it was.

Although Sunstar's spoilers may have already ruined it for me! ;P
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Ironhidensh » Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Roboto750 wrote:I've said it once, I'll say it again... this was a dumb decision to release the book (and soon comic adaption) before the movie comes out! Talk about killing the surprises of the movie!

Anyway, thanks go out to everyone who has held back spoilers! ;)^ I really appreciate it! Let's just hope no one's an a-hole and ruins things for those of us who are waiting for the movie. I really don't want to have to abandoned the board until I see the movie at Botcon.

You'd think you'd be used to it, they do it with every single novelization of every single movie ever to get a novelization.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Roboto750 wrote:I've said it once, I'll say it again... this was a dumb decision to release the book (and soon comic adaption) before the movie comes out! Talk about killing the surprises of the movie

Meh, Lucas did they same thing with Episode 3. The novel and game came out a week prior to the movie release. However there wasnt really anything to spoil (Hard to belive a kid in school wanted me to stop talking about it because he didnt want the movie spoiled for him) (And nobody saw the Anakin into Darth Vader part coming)
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Red) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + KREMZEEK Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2023 New"
MEGATRON + KREMZEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
NEW!
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON