This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Extensive Look at Takara Animated Blurr

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Extensive Look at Takara Animated Blurr

Postby Blurrz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
It's within the Transformers lore that Blurr is the fastest Autobot on land. That was transcended in Transformers Animated, as Blurr was even faster than the kid-favorite Bumblebee. Even by looking at the figure of Transformers Animated Blurr, you can tell he is fast by his sleeky and aerodynamic design. And what better way to make a figure even better than to have the mold get into the studios at Takara. You'll find that their version of Blurr features bright blue replacing Hasbro's darker blue. However to make either figure more cartoon accurate, I suggest an application of white paint to Blurr's hands. Thanks to our friend Alfes 2010, check out the fastest Speedster below!

You'll find more images of Blurr over at Alfes' Blog. Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Extensive Look at Takara Animated Blurr

Postby Ungie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
the world would not be right if Blurrz didnt post a gallery of himself! Good find here, Blurrz! 8-}
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
That's a big no, right there.

I definitely prefer the color scheme on the Hasbro version, over the TakaraTomy version. (I'm still stunned that Hasbro is the one pulling off the show accurate offerings this time. I'm mystified. I really am.)

But, their Blurr appears to be taller than his Hasbro counterpart. You can clearly see he's taller. (I'm not sure if it's due to the poses or not, but in those pics, you can see it.)

Just...not impressed by this one. Not at all.

EDIT: It's amazing how great the mold itself looks. Seriously one of the best TFs in Animated, but one of the best in TF, period. I'm not kidding, he really deserves every positive remark he receives.

But, seeing the animation model on the card, and seeing the toy, I can honestly say he definitely looks more like he fits in with Neo-G1 using the FP stuff like Warbot and Commander. The animation model doesn't do him enough justice.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sideswipe 00 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Motto: "We Can't hold out forever Kup! But we CAN give them one humongous repair bill!"
Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
color him black he could be the new batmobile :P XD but wow, this is a definately nice looking mold. I am totally tempted to get him if I didnt already loose to myself over ordering Munitioner for Bruticus Maximus (which i still have to get, anyone wanna sell me theres? xD)
Sideswipe 00
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Watch Sideswipe 00 on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Definitely prefer the Hasbro version's darker blue accents.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Takara fails again. Why did they make those changes? They're not show accurate at all! Change for change's sake isn't a good idea, especially when the first one was soooooooooooo good.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Convotron » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I prefer the Hasbro TFA Blurr colour scheme but I like the TT version as well. The colours are more G1ish with the different shade of blue. The mold is so great(probably my favourite mold from the TFA line) that I would consider buying this version as well.

Actually, I'd love to see a clear version of TFA Blurr. The character's high speed ability is often portrayed visually with translucent afterimages, which I think would be nicely represented with a clear plastic TFA Blurr figure.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Autobot032 wrote:But, their Blurr appears to be taller than his Hasbro counterpart. You can clearly see he's taller. (I'm not sure if it's due to the poses or not, but in those pics, you can see it.)

It's simply a matter of how the feet are posed. He can gain or lose height depending on how you position them.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:33 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Regardless of the colors, can't say I'm a Blurr collector without both versions :)
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
NEW!
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
NEW!
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON