This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Bumblebee Camaro Gets Totalled, Bomb Scare to Blame

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Bumblebee Camaro Gets Totalled, Bomb Scare to Blame

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
As filming continues for Transformers: The Dark of the Moon, it seems that the film crew continues to be plagued by a string of bad luck. According to TMZ.com, the TF3 was filming when a reported bomb scare caused an Explosive Ordinance Police Vehicle to accidentally enter the set and collided with the Camaro that has been used as Bumblebee. TMZ also has a video embedded showing scenes from the accident. The Police Officer involved in the collision has been taken to a nearby hospital. To view the video, click here.

Update: Here are some additional videos from YouTube

Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Bumblebee Camaro Gets Totalled, Bomb Scare to Blame

Postby Robinson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Bee took a pretty nasty hit. Good thing the ferrari wasnt tailing too close behind.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

First and foremost, a speedy recovery to the driver; as bad as the accident with the extra was, the idea of a police officer being injured in the line of duty because of a movie seems a bit worse in principle, even if it's (hopefully) nothing long-term in this case.

Secondly...think the footage might actually make its way into Dark of the Moon, or would that be too much of a legal headache regardless of the outcome for the cop? They could just give Bee that battle damage in robot mode...

Thirdly, any word on whether there really was a bomb?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Jeebus! That was a right royal t-bone!

Wonder how many kittens Bay had over that one!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby ashe5k » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Wait, so it was a closed set with a barricade and everything and they went around it?

Yeesh... hope everyone was ok, but even our ambulances and police here still crawl through intersections and such.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby It Is Him » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Wow! I hope the officer is OK.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
If it were actual movie footage, that could have made an excellent alt mode/re-introduction of Barricade. Unfortunately, it wasn't. :(
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby ImperiaxPrime » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Motto: "Do not consider the wars of the future, instead consider a future without war."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ashe5k wrote:Wait, so it was a closed set with a barricade and everything and they went around it?

As a police officer, he gets to do that. This footage proves just how bad a director Michael Bay is. If he'd have taken his head out of his ass and realized that the officer was not part of the shot, he could have stopped the scene and avoided the accident. Good job Mike. Way to endanger lives.
( \ / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature
(> <) Help him rule the world
/_||_\ Prosper at his side
ImperiaxPrime
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Captziltoid » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 pm

omg my prayers go to the drivers to recover fast. i hope no one got hurt. i thought id never say this but who cares about bumby, i just hope the people ar ok.
Captziltoid
Minibot

Postby Robinson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:25 pm

ImperiaxPrime wrote:
ashe5k wrote:Wait, so it was a closed set with a barricade and everything and they went around it?

As a police officer, he gets to do that. This footage proves just how bad a director Michael Bay is. If he'd have taken his head out of his ass and realized that the officer was not part of the shot, he could have stopped the scene and avoided the accident. Good job Mike. Way to endanger lives.

Wow the Bay hate is strong with this one.

The cop comes out of no where and the cars/drivers did their best to slow down to avoid the hit.

The cop was driving down the oncoming traffic side of the road as well and actually swerved out of the way to avoid prime and the others when it hit the camaro.

Emergency officials still have to slow at intersections and make sure it is safe to cross, they cant just tear thru a busy crosswy.

Another Angle, you dont see the hit tho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiJEml563w
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby paul053 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Robinson wrote:
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Wow the Bay hate is strong with this one.

The cop comes out of no where and the cars/drivers did their best to slow down to avoid the hit.

The cop was driving down the oncoming traffic side of the road as well and actually swerved out of the way to avoid prime and the others when it hit the camaro.

Emergency officials still have to slow at intersections and make sure it is safe to cross, they cant just tear thru a busy crosswy.

Another Angle, you dont see the hit tho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiJEml563w

Yeah, with that close range, if Optimus made the sudden stop, I don't think Ironhide, Ratchet, and Sideswipe will survive. Good thing is only Bumblebee, though. And hope everybody is okay.
paul053
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby Liftgate » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Do we need to go down this path with everything that's even remotely movie related? Come on, man. Car wreaks happen, people do random things and you can't prepare for every possible contingency and outcome.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby OptiMagnus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Wow this is pretty scary. Prayers for the drivers of the vehicles involved. As for the Camaro, Gm can whip up another.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Liftgate wrote:
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Do we need to go down this path with everything that's even remotely movie related? Come on, man. Car wreaks happen, people do random things and you can't prepare for every possible contingency and outcome.

Exactly. Besides, if it was anyone's fault, it was the driver of the cop SUV's. If he had tried not to be such a hot dog and look where he was going, this could have been avoided. Maybe now that he's laid up in a hospital, he will have time to rethink his driving strategy.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby OptiMagnus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Liftgate wrote:
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Thank you! This was not Bay's fault. I hate to point fingers but this was unfortunately the cop's fault. He did not yield for traffic, which he is required to do when approaching an intersection. He failed to do that and unfortunately risked his life. Although I can understand what pressure he could have been under in the event of the bomb scare.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3

Postby Robinson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 pm

The cop walked away from the accident, he's probably just getting checked out fully at the hospital
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Stop. Just stop.

If you watched the video and still came to that conclusion, then you're clearly unreachable and being stubborn simply to do so.

Until this film, Michael Bay has had an incredible track record when it comes to filming safety. Close calls, yes, but people came out unscathed. This movie is the first time he's ever had a serious problem.

You should be ashamed of yourself, you're using this cop's misfortune as a means to let your opinion run rampant. You don't like Bay? Fine. Keep it to yourself. That's not what this thread is about. If you want to dog him out, open another thread or something, this is not the place.

Oh, and it's the cop's fault. He ran into that scene like a crazy person and caused a wreck. I hope he's doing well and makes a full recovery, of course, but it's still his fault. Where were his sirens? Why didn't anyone in law enforcement contact the set and say there was a bomb threat and that they have an officer en route? Bay works with cops, military, etc, and has a close relationship with them. He respects them, he puts them on pedestals, and he most certainly would've shut down the production for the day to let the police do their job.

This accident did several things:

1.) Injured a cop. (Again, I hope he's doing well and makes it!)

2.) Wrecked a police vehicle. (Which I'm sure the taxpayers will have to foot the bill for.)

3.) Wrecked a studio prop. (Bumblebee, in this form, was made specifically for the production and is not a production model from GM. I can't even imagine the price tag.)

4.) Put the other stunt drivers, and pedestrians watching, in danger.

All they had to do was tell them that a cop was on his way, responding to a bomb threat. They'd have given him full access without incident. Instead, he barreled through the scene, caused an accident that could've been catastrophic, and caused possibly millions in damage.

None of that is Bay's fault.

Your post is full of fail sir. Good day.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Dai_Ceefax » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Motto: ""A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Firstly, best wishes from over here in Blighty to the injured party, here's hoping they get well soon.

On a lighter note, Michael Bay should take all this misfortune as an omen and push the film back a year. That way, us Brits might get end of the Generations line before the toy shelves clog with TF3 crap...
Looking for:
Guardian Powered
Cybertron Backblast
BWII/Telemocha Jointrons esp. BWII DJ
PM me if you can help!
Dai_Ceefax
Minibot
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Robinson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Dai_Ceefax wrote:Firstly, best wishes from over here in Blighty to the injured party, here's hoping they get well soon.

On a lighter note, Michael Bay should take all this misfortune as an omen and push the film back a year. That way, us Brits might get end of the Generations line before the toy shelves clog with TF3 crap...

Bay's paycheck doesnt wanna wait for you to buy toys that arent related to the movie. :P
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
No, Bumblebee! Why!? Why did you have to die, damn you!!! Why!!!!?????
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Abraxsis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Liftgate wrote:
ImperiaxPrime wrote:

Yeah, we kinda do. Bay's a total douche, so anything bad that hampers the production of this turdfest is cause for joy, for me anyway. :KREMZEEK:
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 pm

I've seen worse motor vehicle accidents, being on the local volunteer rescue squad. Glad everyone is OK, except for Bumblebee!

Those stunt drivers are pretty good for doing what they did. Good eyes.

It sure looked like the cop was hot dogging it though, but who knows? Maybe the cop didn't know an intersection was there or didn't look well enough. Ah well.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Shadowman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Abraxsis wrote:Yeah, we kinda do. Bay's a total douche, so anything bad that hampers the production of this turdfest is cause for joy, for me anyway. :KREMZEEK:

Good to know a cop getting hospitalized is fun for you.

Having watched that video several times...it's not Bay's fault. And I really, really hate to say it but it's not the cop's fault either. The guy driving Bumblebee should have heard the sirens and slowed down. Emergency vehicles have right of way when their sirens are on.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Oh no! Poor Bumblebee.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DeathBlast » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:01 pm

does this mean were gonna get mass produced Fender Bender Bumble Bee/repaints or even a TF3:DOTM Goldbug.

Joking aside...I hope everyone involved is alright.
DeathBlast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18B DEC190651"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 231010I"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM289 1D (CA) Ottley"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19B JAN200701"
TRANSFORMERS #19 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 5th ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM846 (CA) Bratukhin"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 5t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON