This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 am

Transformers fansite HK-TF.com, best know for releasing early images of upcoming products from Takara Tomy and Hasbro, has somehow gotten their hands on a fully painted version of the upcoming and eagerly awaited Fansproject TFX-04 Protector armor and his Targetmaster TFX-05 Sidearm. As we all know by now, these third party accessories are intended to upgrade Henkei/Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod) to Rodimus Convoy/Prime. These new images not only give us our first, definitive look at the fully painted set, but also show the Protector figure standing next to Classics Optimus Prime and Fansproject's City Commander for size comparisons. Also included in the gallery are pictures of the trailer set up in battle station mode and Protector's version of Roller identified as "Guardian" in a post on the Fansproject site. Sold separately, the Fansproject Protector set and Sidearm Targetmaster are both scheduled to be released at the end of December.

To view the entire gallery of photos, click HERE.

As a reminder, these accessories are from a third party toy maker and are not licensed or endorsed by Takara Tomy or Hasbro.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Postby Burn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
This is what happens when your TF's hit the 'Roids! :shock:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 am

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
This is just Pure undivided awesomeness in it's purest of essence :APPLAUSE:
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby --B-- » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:35 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I just don't like it. I was so excited for this, but it just looks too blocky. I know it's supposed to be because it's armor over another figure, but, I dunno. I am now on the fence.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 am

If this set does somehow manage to get released at the end of this year, it will tie the Crossfire 2 set as my pick for Transformer of the Year. If not, they'll be the front runner for TotY 2011.

Fansproject just keeps getting it right. IMO, this is exactly what I expect the Classics version of Rodimus should look like. Amazing!
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Trikeboy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:42 am

And once more Fansproject has delivered a staggering homerun. This looks effing awesome, the colours look amazing, though people who bought the re-release just for this upgrade will have some colour matching problem's, the trailer/base mode looks pretty good and the inclusion of an upgraded Roller is pretty slick. When I saw Sidearm, I thought for a moment they brought back their plan for the mini gun mode Classics/Henkei Megatron. Sidearm is a nice extra and thank god he isn't too expensive. However, one must wonder why he is seperate. Would a target master really take up so much room he couldn't be included in the box with the upgrade? This just means extra shipping costs for the customer.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
MINE!

Fansproject, here is my money, give it to me NOW!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby IceWilly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 am

Looks great, I am excited. I recently cancelled the Takara Hot Rod masterpiece in favor of the Hasbro release, so this will be my only Rodimus trailer around, and I must say it looks great. The blockiness works for me, since when Rodimus first changed they focused on "blocky" features (fingers, etc) Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. :)
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby feeiq90 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 am

Motto: "pew peww peeww~~"
Weapon: Destabilizer Electromagnetizer Gun
SWEET SALLY IN THE ALLEY~?!!!!
this juz make my day~ :x :x :x
feeiq90
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Badassimus Prime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:56 am

Motto: "Do it with style or don't bother doing it!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
Trikeboy wrote:And once more Fansproject has delivered a staggering homerun. This looks effing awesome, the colours look amazing, though people who bought the re-release just for this upgrade will have some colour matching problem's, the trailer/base mode looks pretty good and the inclusion of an upgraded Roller is pretty slick. When I saw Sidearm, I thought for a moment they brought back their plan for the mini gun mode Classics/Henkei Megatron. Sidearm is a nice extra and thank god he isn't too expensive. However, one must wonder why he is seperate. Would a target master really take up so much room he couldn't be included in the box with the upgrade? This just means extra shipping costs for the customer.

I'm not sure where I read this but there was a convention where Hasbro was asked on its stance towards 3rd party companies and their products. Hasbro said it didn't mind them so long as they're not making an extensive amount of money per item. I think there was a $100 limit per item in which Hasbro said that they would take legal action if it were to equal or surpass the amount. Again, I don't have any sources to back this up but I remember this somewhat mentioned in an article. Also a lot of other members talk about this from time to time.

If the above holds true, then to answer your original question, they are separate so as not to exceed $100. The trailer by itself is already $90. Imagine how much more it would be with the Target-Master included.
Badassimus Prime
Fuzor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby starboykb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:03 am

Motto: "Autobots and Decepticons have a common ancestor - ignorance"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
i am GLAD pre-ordering it! Yippy!!!
starboykb
Mini-Con
Buy from starboykb on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Rated X » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I really want one, but unless they make a version that matches the 3 pack Rodimus, the colors wont match. I passed up a chance to get the Hasbro version and now these damn hoarders have the audicity to jack up the price of a Hasbro Rodimus to 100 bucks they should be ashamed of themselves.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I dunno. I was looking forward to it but now seeing it in color I don't think I wanna spend out that kind of money for it especially given that it would be more expensive having to import it. The trailer mode looks fine, I'm just not sure I like the armor mode. Just too blocky for my tastes but I get why it's like that as it's armor made from a blocky trailer but at least it doesn't look all cartoony like Magnus' armor. I still prefer it over the Masterpiece Rodimus though but I might just keep my Classics Hot Rod as he is unless this goes down in price or I suddenly gain a lot of spare money. Shame I can't see it in person to make a final decision like I can more easily a Hasbro product in stores. The head and chest area are putting me off the most but they might look different in person.

I'll probably still order Sidearm as he's a cheap lil extra.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:45 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
This looks great and it will be mine. Is there any robot pics of sidearm? I didn't see any.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby El Duque » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I really like that it takes deluxe Hotrod and basically makes him the same size as voyager Optimus Prime. Which is what you expect to happen when he evolves into a Prime.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby dragons » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 am

I really want one, but unless they make a version that matches the 3 pack Rodimus, the colors wont match. I passed up a chance to get the Hasbro version and now these damn hoarders have the audicity to jack up the price of a Hasbro Rodimus to 100 bucks they should be ashamed of themselves.

hate to give you bad day but pepople allready had prices jacked up on ebay i was loking ebay before fansproject treailer was even mentioned in the works cheapest one i saw 50 to 75 then up depends on seller & if its henkei but they pretty much even each other out almost

looks good to bad no close up on face would like t osee that better is it me but does his forarm seem blocky & BULKY looking it makes the rest of arm look weak they stick out more than his shoulders do to me it looks weird but its something i can deal with
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby TeletranPrime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 am

i have never got a third party piece but im getting this badly
TeletranPrime
Mini-Con

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Oh, that is GORGEOUS! MINE!!!!!!!!!!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:23 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
AutobotJazz87 wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:And once more Fansproject has delivered a staggering homerun. This looks effing awesome, the colours look amazing, though people who bought the re-release just for this upgrade will have some colour matching problem's, the trailer/base mode looks pretty good and the inclusion of an upgraded Roller is pretty slick. When I saw Sidearm, I thought for a moment they brought back their plan for the mini gun mode Classics/Henkei Megatron. Sidearm is a nice extra and thank god he isn't too expensive. However, one must wonder why he is seperate. Would a target master really take up so much room he couldn't be included in the box with the upgrade? This just means extra shipping costs for the customer.

I'm not sure where I read this but there was a convention where Hasbro was asked on its stance towards 3rd party companies and their products. Hasbro said it didn't mind them so long as they're not making an extensive amount of money per item. I think there was a $100 limit per item in which Hasbro said that they would take legal action if it were to equal or surpass the amount. Again, I don't have any sources to back this up but I remember this somewhat mentioned in an article. Also a lot of other members talk about this from time to time.

If the above holds true, then to answer your original question, they are separate so as not to exceed $100. The trailer by itself is already $90. Imagine how much more it would be with the Target-Master included.

Umm.. $100? :grin:
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Loving the block look and yet he is still not a brick in the regular sense. His rifle looks really badass. The added wing spoiler was a great touch up. Shows that they do listen to the fans. He is the same size as Prime, which imo, he should be. Not a trailer guy, but I will definitely have that piece of artillary on display. I cannnot wait to have him next to my City Commander and Defender pieces with a sprinkle of Hasbro's Blurr, Kup, and Wreck-Gar on the side. And finally that targetmaster figure for $9.99 is the icing on the cake that wasn't necessary but they did it anyway. Fans Project, you continue to impress me. Happily anticipating December's release of this add-on.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Does anyone know how much this would be with shipping to the UK? I emailed Robotkingdom about it several weeks ago but never got a reply. I just want to get the total price and then decide if I really want it or not.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Poyguimogul » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 am

I don't kno...

I have Classic USA (HOT ROD) Rodimus / and he looks perfect with ENERGON Rodimus.

So for me this armor is kinda w/e-ish. The awkward trailer cannon is odd.

Energon Rodimus has same gun as classic rodimus too.

I ... don't know...

I love the targetmaster though. Get a few!
Poyguimogul
Vehicon

Postby Ravenous Nightwind » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 am

Motto: "By the cloak of darkness I will enter your very sacred of places seen but unnoticeable!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
This is gonna be so great! I think its cool how hes the size of a voyager class, plus you got that new/rebuilt type of look to him which gives him this interesting feel. I'm really loving the painted pictures.
We are so much more then mere machines, intelligent robots who think and feel. Yet, we have fell to greed and destruction by our own causes! From this moment I stand my own ground, on my own faction to achieve true unity! :CON:
Ravenous Nightwind
Fuzor
Watch Ravenous Nightwind on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:50 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Huh. I have to admit I'm not fully impressed with the coloring. The yellow looks way too bright. I would've preferred a metallic color to look more like the G1 figure. But then I guess the MP has yellow too, so it's not that big of a deal. Just looks a little bright. Actually, looking at the MP, I think the problem is the 'collar' piece. Should be orange or red instead of yellow. The fists should be black too, but that's minor. Still looks awesome, and I'm looking forward to it! :D
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:55 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I could sit back and cross compare G1 Hot Rod to the G1 Rodimus, the Classics mold, and this upgrade all day. This truly is a thing of beauty.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 APR231605 5E (CA) Cho"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #22 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210505 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #22 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HELL SONJA #1 Cvr P TMNT Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT218786 1P (CA) Haeser"
HELL SONJA #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr M 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230290 3M (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #128 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220432 128RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Whalen"
TMNT #128 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220601 2S (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics FEB230321 5B (CA) Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230354 1A"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics APR231621 4C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2B SEP230273 GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW Comics 2015 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AUG190779 50C"
TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228474 3X (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230252 5J (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230546 8D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr D ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON