Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I can see the prices dropping on that set on the aftermarket with Generations Scourge coming out...
I agree. With the new Scourge and Kup coming out, who would really buy these odd representations ??? I mean they made good stand ins when no better figure was available, but now they just look bizzare. Plus the "Elite Guard" is just a fictional group created by Fun Pub to give some of their unoffical repaints a purpose.
I know you're not gonna read this, but:
1) The Elite Guard debuted in Animated, and thus the concept is fair game for integration into other universes. Shattered Glass even has two, one for each side.
2) The figures are official, as they're sanctioned, sponsored and produced by Hasbro.
Dagon wrote:I thought these were sold out? Didn't they sell out of these prior to the convention, which then resulted in the final sell out of the 05 set?
And have we really learned nothing from the 07 Seekers incident, or do we really just ignore inconvieninet truths? BO Scourge and Kup will always be in demand, and it's nice that they're making Generations appearances, but those still won't be the Botcon Scourge and Kup figures, for their betters or worses.
True, but fans like me only care about having a proper representation of a character. I quickly dropped BotCon Scourge off my want list when the Generations one was announced. It's true that the toys are very different so that the prices won't drop that drastically, but I'll bet Scourge will take the biggest hit.
Top 5 Priorities:
1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)Preparing to move to the US!
- Jelze Bunnycat =:3