This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Vault slipcase and cover art revealed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Vault slipcase and cover art revealed

Postby El Duque » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon.com has updated their pre-order with an image of the cover and slipcase art.

Product Description
Officially licensed by Hasbro, Transformers Vault: The Complete Transformers Universe reveals, for the first time ever, a comprehensive history of the transformers. Fans now have a hands-on guide to the epic battle between the Autobots and decepticons, including the toys, the original animated series, comics, collectibles, and merchandise, as well as animated and live-action feature films.

This heavily illustrated book features never-before-seen images from the Hasbro archives, seven interactive pieces of memorabilia, and an acetate slipcase with a unique "morphing" effect. Five visually driven chapters go behind the scenes of everyone's favorite robots in disguise, featuring early animation sketches, interviews with creators, patents, prototypes, action-figure designs that never made it to production, vintage packaging art, and development art from the films.

About the Author

Pablo Hidalgo is the author of G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide. He is the managing editor for Starwars.com and lives in San Francisco. Hasbro is one of the largest and most successful makers of toys and board games in the world. Hasbro was involved in the development of all three live-action transformers films.

This book is scheduled for release on June 1st, 2011.
Last edited by El Duque on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Vault slipcase and cover art revealed

Postby ProwlJazz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Motto: "Till all are one, all are none..."
Hasbro was involved in the development of all three live-action transformers ransformers films.

transformers ransformers? What's that?
Member of the AWC
ProwlJazz
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby El Duque » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

ProwlJazz wrote:
Hasbro was involved in the development of all three live-action transformers ransformers films.

Guess I should have read that product description a little closer before I posted, fixed. :oops:
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Optimus artwork looks VERY familiar, but I honestly cannot recall where I've seen it.

ProwlJazz wrote:

Simple. One's a noun giving the name of the movies (Transformers), and the other's an adjective describing the kind of movies they are (Transformers). In other words, they're Transformers films called Transformers. :P :-B

Or, it could just be a typo. :KREMZEEK:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
wasnt expecting it to be so cheap. think ill be picking this up
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Starscream GaGa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:That Optimus artwork looks VERY familiar, but I honestly cannot recall where I've seen it.

It's on a lot of Transformers fashion-line T-shirts.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Vicalliose » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
I'm pretty sure that TFwiki has more information and is far more accurate than anything has can publish. So unless they have they have a rundown of Transformers Tataki I see this as pretty useless. :-?

I would like to know more about the memorabilia though. :ic$:
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Vicalliose wrote:I'm pretty sure that TFwiki has more information and is far more accurate than anything has can publish...

Please, please tell me that comment was made in jest. Half of what's on TF wiki may as well have come from the north end of a south bound petro-rabbit. It's loaded with too much conjecture, fan wanked bias and not enough double checked research. ALWAYS double check the info you get on TF wiki with at least 2 other sources if possible.

Megatron Wolf wrote:wasnt expecting it to be so cheap. think ill be picking this up

That was the exact same thought that was running through my head. Even if I pick it up at a normal retail location, I still consider $35.00 to be a good deal. I didn't think twice about dropping $20.00 for Genesis: The Art of Transformers. I think it was well worth it and this new book will contain so much more about the whole TF line. I was expecting upwards of $50 for this set.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I was never into these, but this looks like it'll be worth it.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby El Duque » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:I was never into these, but this looks like it'll be worth it.

Same here, I'll be picking this one up.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Supreme Convoy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Nice! The Marvel, DC, and Batman Vault books are pretty awesome looking but I haven't pulled the trigger on buying those.

I may have to look into this one...

And at least it's coming from Abrams who has amazing book designs.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Stormer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:22 am

Motto: "I just want to teleport in, destroy some monsters, damage some property and teleport out."
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
What? I have to wait five more months for this? arg! I've got it on pre-order already! Looking forward to getting this one!
Stormer
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Vicalliose » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
T-Macksimus wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:I'm pretty sure that TFwiki has more information and is far more accurate than anything has can publish...

Please, please tell me that comment was made in jest. Half of what's on TF wiki may as well have come from the north end of a south bound petro-rabbit. It's loaded with too much conjecture, fan wanked bias and not enough double checked research. ALWAYS double check the info you get on TF wiki with at least 2 other sources if possible.

Information on the wiki is constantly evolving. In this case alone, it's better than a simple book as it's information never becomes outdated.

Also, like you said, the TFwiki will say whatever the editor damn well pleases. Meaning not only is there room for "bias" and "conjecture" but that any little tidbits of information either Hasbro or the author happened to purposely accidentally leave out of the book can probably be dug up on the wiki or somewhere else.

There are usually footnotes on the wiki stating whether or not information could be inaccurate. It wont fail me any more or less often than some book. Even if it does fail I don't really care enough to spend 20+ minutes searching around to make sure all my information is perfect either, I'm only a level 5 on the nerd scale.

I do have a tendency to overblow things (I think it's hereditary) so perhaps I shouldn't have said "far more accurate". That better?
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230079 114A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #148 Cvr D 1:25 RI IDW Comics 2024 DEC231063 148D (CA) Harren (W) Campbell"
NEW!
TMNT #148 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231595 4A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230549 8G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics JUN231429 Tango"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics APR230360 109C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 4RI NOV221622 (CA)Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230478 1F (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #21 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210472 21RI 211026A (CA) Lee"
USAGI YOJIMBO #21 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230410 111B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220601 2S (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230477 1E (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230553 8K (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr K ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON