This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Voice Cast on TFW2005

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Charlie Adler did, in fact voice some G1 characters, plus he was the voice of Buster Bunny on Tiny Toon Adventures.

I think he'd make a pretty good Starscream. Not great, but good.

[quote="Wikipedia"
The Transformers:
Decepticon Targetmaster Triggerhappy,
Silverbolt,
Duros,
Vorath and Dirk[/quote]

I won't believe this list until the movie comes out. I can see why they'd hire Keith David as Barricade for the game...I'm sure he'd have more lines because they've got to make the game irritating in that respect. But I seriously doubt they'd pass him over for the film as well.

There are so many rumors, we won't know until the final product hits theaters July 2nd at 8:00...until then...all we can do is listen to these untruths.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Metal Gear Solid Fan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Isn't Darius McCrary the guy from "Family Matters"?
Metal Gear Solid Fan
Mini-Con

Postby Senor Hugo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:06 pm

Haha, Capt. Hero is voicing Ironhide and according to that, Barricade as well.

Ratchet - Race Bannon(The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest)

Starscream - the voice of Cow, Chicken, Red Guy, and I.R. Baboon
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby The Mad Asshatter » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:07 pm

Senor Hugo wrote:Starscream - the voice of Cow, Chicken, Red Guy, and I.R. Baboon

God help us all...
The Mad Asshatter
Combiner

Postby Retardicon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Umm, I've been following this production for quite a while now. As best I recall, the only CONFIRMED voice was Cullen as Prime. Everything else was unconfirmed or rumor.

Both IMDB and Wiki can be edited by anybody, so for all intents and purposes those sites can only be considered rumor mills. Especially when it comes to uncompleted projects.
Retardicon
Minibot

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Doesn't Jess Harnell do the voices for The Animainiacs?
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Senor Hugo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:14 pm

Wheeljack35 wrote:Doesn't Jess Harnell do the voices for The Animainiacs?

Yeah, he did the voice of Wakko Warner as well.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Senor Hugo wrote:
Ratchet - Race Bannon(The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest)

The first Jonny Quest or the Remake?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby primalVICTORY » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:59 pm

does it really matter who does the voices? we arnt there to hear them talk, we wanna see for the kick ass robots fighting.
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby reanimate28 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:16 pm

primalVICTORY wrote:does it really matter who does the voices? we arnt there to hear them talk, we wanna see for the kick ass robots fighting.

yes it does i would like to hear them talk and comunicate with one another if the only ones that are talking in the movie are the human then i am sorry but that would suck metal *****
reanimate28
Minibot

Postby KoH4711 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:19 pm

What I love about this cast... we, and the fans who are brought in by the movie, will be able to think of these characters as the CHARACTERS. The problem with big name voice overs is that, in a good number of cases, you're not listening to a character. You're listening to the actor. Some actors can pull it off... in Toy Story, I've never been overly conscious that I'm listening to Tim Allen or Tom Hanks. For a more recent example, I'm pretty stunned that Ratatouie's main character is played by Patton Oswalt. The G1 movie is a pretty good example, too... except for maybe Eric Idle, I was never real conscious of the big names playing the parts.

Of course, I admit, this has been one of the big things I've wanted to find out about the movie, and I'm not disappointed with what I'm seeing.

...though, does anyone find it ironic that Lorenzo di Bonaventura bashed on "cartoon actors", and now the majority of the v/o cast features them? =p
KoH4711
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby caitlindevi » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 pm

just because Adler did the voice of cow and chicken doesn'r mean starscream is going to sound like that, hell hes done way over 100 voices in his time and if you checkout his IMDB page you find he even did voices for a certain cartoon about giant robots way back in 1984
caitlindevi
Mini-Con

Postby Burnup Prime » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:32 pm

finally, it took so long to get this out that I was starting to think that most of the transformers in the movie WOULDN'T have speaking roles
Burnup Prime
Minibot

Postby Neko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Wasnt someone else doing Starscream? And has anyone ever heard of half these people? I thought that movie were supose to have real voice actors or famous people doing the VO. I think bay spent to much on ILM and had to hire people no one would know to well.

my eyes are bleeding after reading that...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, they actually had auditions? The guy playing Starscream (if anyone cared to actuall look) is a seasoned VA. Professional. He played Ikis in AH! Real Monsters! That's one big brownie point for Adler!

Plus: Bumblebee does say one sentance towards the end of the film.
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby Phenotype » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Autobobby1 wrote:When Bumblebee is rebuilt, they might rebuild his voicebox. That would explain the voice actor. I really hope so, at least.

The Autobots couldn't fix it on Cybertron but humans can fix it here on Earth? Also, I think we've always just assumed that Bumblebee gets damaged and rebuilt but I read somewhere recently that he switches forms after Spike encourages him to take on an alt mode more visually appealing to "the ladies".
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby Neko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Phenotype wrote:
Autobobby1 wrote:When Bumblebee is rebuilt, they might rebuild his voicebox. That would explain the voice actor. I really hope so, at least.

The Autobots couldn't fix it on Cybertron but humans can fix it here on Earth? Also, I think we've always just assumed that Bumblebee gets damaged and rebuilt but I read somewhere recently that he switches forms after Spike encourages him to take on an alt mode more visually appealing to "the ladies".

Contains Spoilers:

The reason I think BB's voice couldn't be rebuilt is because the Autobots didn't have the rescources to do so. At the end of the film the Autobots make Earth their new home seeing as they can no longe return to Cybertron now that the Allspark is destroyed. Useing earth rescources I think Ratchet builds Bumblebee a new voice modual.
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby primalVICTORY » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:56 pm

reanimate28 wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:does it really matter who does the voices? we arnt there to hear them talk, we wanna see for the kick ass robots fighting.

yes it does i would like to hear them talk and comunicate with one another if the only ones that are talking in the movie are the human then i am sorry but that would suck metal *****

i dont mean that! i want to hear them talk to, but having one person do it over another isnt very important to me. i care if its cullen or something but everyone else, it doesnt seem like a big deal who does it.
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby SmokeStack » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:08 pm

What I think is funny, is that they had wanted to try and get some well known actors to try and bring in some "star" power for the voices. The only one I know of(besides Cullen) is Hugo Weaving. I just find that funny. If I was Welker, I'd be pissed that they had picked some of these people over me.
SmokeStack
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:31 pm

I wonder if I could tell the difference in the dub if I heard it.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Scaleface » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Okay, I looked up the guy who is voicing Jazz. They got a former Soul Train dancer. All I need to know.
Scaleface
Gestalt

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Seeing as Paramount asked people who attended the Premiere to be quiet and not leak any info, Im sure someone is going to be in trouble for this (if it is all correct).
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby The Paragon of Virtue » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:47 pm

The Mad Asshatter wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:Starscream - the voice of Cow, Chicken, Red Guy, and I.R. Baboon

God help us all...

Why? Charlie Adler is a great voice actor.
The Paragon of Virtue
Vehicon

Postby Mulla » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Seeing as Paramount asked people who attended the Premiere to be quiet and not leak any info, Im sure someone is going to be in trouble for this (if it is all correct).

As one of those people who attended, I'm not going to say anything. Except this. The voices worked. They suit the characters. To me then it doesn't matter who did them.
Mulla
Vehicon
News Credits: 12

Postby Spooner » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:23 pm

I was looking forward to hearing David Keith voice Barricade, but, c'est la vie - as long as whoever does the voice plays it serious and not over the top, no worries.
Spooner
Minibot

Postby Godzilla » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:50 pm

No Keith David?! Awwell! I WONDER WHAT JAZZ SOUNDS LIKE!
Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #58 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC204 Penguin (CA)Ray+more"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg foil Marvel Comics SEP230776 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var BLANK SKETCH Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230683 (W) Mantlo"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #300 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg JUN230960 (CA)McFarlane"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 Sliney"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg JUN230959 (CA) Kane"
GIANT SIZE X-MEN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230970 (A/CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile blank sketch Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230686"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON