This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 am

Looks amazing so far! Loving Lazerbeak. And of course Soundwave's going to be like the G1 toy. There wasn't a whole lot of animation trickery to him, unlike some of the others who had wheel chopped off and proportion changes.

I just hope he can fit G1 cassettes. He kinds looks like he would.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby joevill » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:01 am

Ok, upon seeing those larger images of Soundwave, I take back my criticism about low detail. There is a decent amount of detail in there. I do hope that the hip and legs get a tiny bit of a remold as that looks easily breakable. We have seen final products that differ from the final product (MP-03 Starscream) so there is still time to improve that.

I also missed the news that Soundwave can hold up to 3 cassettes in his chest cavity. Please let that be an indication that there will be at least a Masterpiece cassette 2 pack soon.

Thanks to the larger images, I was happy to realise that Laserbeak does indeed have his weapons incorporated into the tape mode. Major kudos to TakaraTomy on that.

Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh yes, this makes my day. Soundwave is one of my favorite characters and this is nearly perfect.

Totally negates any need for those 3rd party toys. They did have a bit more detail, but that's no big deal. This is everything I want Soundwave to be. I love the fact that he can press eject! :D Laserbeak is also an amazing feat of engineering. I really hope they do a cassette pack, if only for Ravage. Frumble would be cool too, though I prefer the red one. Also, nice, pressable buttons! And...is that a headphone jack? :-?

Man, MPs are getting more and more amazing... It's going to be super hard to pass this up due to the release date. The holidays just aren't a good time for me to be buying $100+ toys. But if my girlfriend can work a little Christmas magic...I would be a very happy TF fan. :D

lol, almost forgot about Red Alert. Looks nice, but I don't collect the character and am not about to start now. He does have the clear windows I wish Sideswipe had though. Don't know if others have noticed, but he has remolded shoulders too, in addition to the head and light bar.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Rhinox23 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 am

Soundwave looks simply amazing! Though he may be a little too big, but it's hard to tell from the pics without more comparisons. And this is probably the best version of Laserbeak EVER!

Any idea if Hasbro will release its version of MP Soundwave? I'm not too fond of paying the Takara price plus the import/international shipping.
Rhinox23
Fuzor
Buy from Rhinox23 on eBay

Postby Deruji » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am

I just noticed in the larger pics all the extra flaps he has to make his alt mode solid and he can store his blaster on his back in bot mode, cool :D
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Postby Marcdachamp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

As long as he's the size of MP Rodimus or Grimlock, I'll buy this immediately. So sweet.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Oilspill » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

worldsgreatest wrote:Transformers fans are beyond spoiled. Its super annoying to read these comments complaining about the lack of detail, 'open spaces' on Lambo's inner calves, Laserbeak's...feet? Come on.

All of these look really nice. Soundwave looks like an articulated G1 model because that's what the line is becoming. His hip articulation mirrors his leg transformation in his G1 counterpart.

Totally agreed.

Man this Soundwave looks fantastic. I haven't been this excited by a MP figure since Grimlock, or maybe even since MP-01. And holy testicles does that Laserbeak look glorious!

The cassettes are one of my favourite concepts from the G1 toyline, I love all their designs. With the MP line I know I am going to have to collect every cassette that comes out - but I fear this will mean having to by several versions of the toy, which I'm definitely not keen on. Fingers crossed that all the cassettes we would want are sold separately.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby daimchoc » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:58 am

daimchoc
Gestalt
News Credits: 119

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
:shock: :shock: RAVAGE! FREMBLE! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Colour picture of MP-13 Soundwave with Laserbeak + new Cassettes revealed!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
You must still be hyped for the upcoming Soundwave from the first prototype images we reported earlier, but as we all know:
"Colour superior, grey in grey inferior!"
Yes, we have out first colour picture of MP Soundwave, Laserbeak, and the accessories that will be included!

• Megatron Gun
  • Alternate tape deck
  • Empty Energon cube
  • Cassette case
  • Small chrome part (this could be the electronic shocker he used a few times in the cartoon, like for reactivating Skyfire)

But that's not all!

The picture also reveals three more cassettes, two are new molds!

• Buzz Saw
  • Ravage
  • Rumble/Frenzy mold

As you can see from the watermark, it's from TFClub.com's weiboo blog.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Awesomesauce!

The colours look really good, well from what I can make out here. I love that he comes with Megatron, anybody have any idea what the small chrome part is? Could it be a tiny version of himself in a holster?

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm

This just blew everything Acousticwave had going for it right out of the water. So far I'm totally hyped for this release. I really hope these things can fit into G1 Soundwave too ... they look like they just might be able to.

I have a whole cassette collection thing going on, so these being backwards compatable is a thing for me.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Marcdachamp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Wow. Wow.

As good as that looked in grey, it's 100x better in color. Want. Want. Want!
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby RoboSnuf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Weapon: Gyroscopic Destabilizer
Both MP-13 and the future tapes look great - but I still worry that something like this might happen..

MP13 - Soundwave and Laserbeak
MP14 - Red Alert
MP15 - Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Rumble, Frenzy (Minion army)
MP16 - Soundblaster and Ravage

Here's hoping the eventual Hasbro release of SW includes all the tapes -and- comes in cheaper!
RoboSnuf
Mini-Con
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Bumblebee4ever » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Whoa! I think I just spontaneously busted a gasket! This is hands down at the very top of all Transformers products I have ever seen!
Bumblebee4ever
Mini-Con

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
please dont be expensive, i really want one but im not willing to pay $100 or more for one. Id just say id wait til hasbro does one but theres no guarantee that they will and if they do who knows what the price will be, itll either be over priced like Grimlock & all their current stuff or priced ok like Skywarp & HotRod were.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Oilspill » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm

More cassettes!! YeeaaaAAHHH!

Today is now officially an Awesome News Day.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Oilspill » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Dead Metal wrote:Awesomesauce!

The colours look really good, well from what I can make out here. I love that he comes with Megatron, anybody have any idea what the small chrome part is? Could it be a tiny version of himself in a holster?

I wonder if that little yellow-rimmed tray next to it is also an accessory of some kind?
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:please dont be expensive, i really want one but im not willing to pay $100 or more for one. Id just say id wait til hasbro does one but theres no guarantee that they will and if they do who knows what the price will be, itll either be over priced like Grimlock & all their current stuff or priced ok like Skywarp & HotRod were.

BBTS shows it to be pretty pricey.

Still, Prime's coming out WITH his trailer. This may very well see our shores if you can stand the wait.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RhA » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Takara is doing this right.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby Jazz813 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 pm

It becomes awesomer and awesomer. :D
Jazz813
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Buy from Jazz813 on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Oilspill wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Awesomesauce!

I wonder if that little yellow-rimmed tray next to it is also an accessory of some kind?

Yes, it's the alternate tape deck slot for his chest.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby 33Silencer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:45 pm

With Sooooo Much going on this pic, I think people have overlooked the TWO Wave Speakers in the back (in each corner) Hopefully they are also accessories, and not just props!!!
33Silencer
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Oooh. Those are purty. I might have to try and buy.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220459 2A (CA) Schoening"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 (CA) Blank Sketch"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 301A 0923IM335 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON