This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 4 casting news ... Mark Wahlberg announced!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 4 casting news ... Mark Wahlberg announced!

Postby ReDPATH » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Wait I thought Bay said he wanted to potentially bring back Shia down the line?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ia-176284/

Unless he plans on combining the new cast with the old cast in TF6 then you can guarantee the bots/cons will only get about 10 minutes screen time from TF6 onward.

Interview bit.

TMZ: So Michael, let’s talk about the fact that… you know.. you had couple of your Transformers Stars… you know… have some not-so-kind-things to say.

Michael: Listen guys, you got to understand, fame is very hard on young people. It’s… I kind of helped raise Shia for three movies. And it’s… it’s really tough. Fame is a very rough thing. And you know Shia LaBeouf is a great, great guy. He’s a great actor. And I have nothing but respect for him.

TMZ: Did you take offense or did it hurt when he said…

Michael: No, No.

TMZ: …His comment about not enough creativity doing these big blockbusters?

Michael: What he’s saying is he wants to be taken seriously. And sometimes when you’re in a blockbuster, people don’t take you seriously. You know? I think that’s what he’s really saying. He’s going through more of a smaller role.

TMZ: He’s in his Art House Stage now.

Michael: You know… listen… he’s only 26.

TMZ: So he will be back?

Michael: He will be back.
ReDPATH
Mini-Con

Postby Bubbah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
ReDPATH wrote:Wait I thought Bay said he wanted to potentially bring back Shia down the line?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ia-176284/

Unless he plans on combining the new cast with the old cast in TF6 then you can guarantee the bots/cons will only get about 10 minutes screen time from TF6 onward.

Interview bit.

TMZ: So Michael, let’s talk about the fact that… you know.. you had couple of your Transformers Stars… you know… have some not-so-kind-things to say.

Michael: Listen guys, you got to understand, fame is very hard on young people. It’s… I kind of helped raise Shia for three movies. And it’s… it’s really tough. Fame is a very rough thing. And you know Shia LaBeouf is a great, great guy. He’s a great actor. And I have nothing but respect for him.

TMZ: Did you take offense or did it hurt when he said…

Michael: No, No.

TMZ: …His comment about not enough creativity doing these big blockbusters?

Michael: What he’s saying is he wants to be taken seriously. And sometimes when you’re in a blockbuster, people don’t take you seriously. You know? I think that’s what he’s really saying. He’s going through more of a smaller role.

TMZ: He’s in his Art House Stage now.

Michael: You know… listen… he’s only 26.

TMZ: So he will be back?

Michael: He will be back.

I read that more as a "he'll be back in the limelight doing blockbusters" or working with Bay again, not necessarily back in TFs ... But who knows what he meant. Bay isn't exactly known for being honest about anything haha
Bubbah
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Just Negare » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am

Motto: "Who ate all the pies?"
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Hopefully they don't cast any models. Those ho bags can't act.
Something memorable here.
Just Negare
Targetmaster
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just Negare wrote:Hopefully they don't cast any models. Those ho bags can't act.
What if they cast an actress who also happens to model. :twisted:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:23 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Technically, the Transformers appearing in the films are "models" as well, right? CGI models?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Dammitman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Motto: ""Don't run, you'll Expire exhausted.""
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I can see Mark as Sam's big brother Buster (see original Marvel comics) but let's face it. Bay's movies made their money on name and Peter Cullin alone. The movies were craptacular at best and with Revenge of the fallen just plain crap.
Dammitman
Mini-Con
Buy from Dammitman on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Dammitman wrote:I can see Mark as Sam's big brother Buster (see original Marvel comics) but let's face it. Bay's movies made their money on name and Peter Cullin alone. The movies were craptacular at best and with Revenge of the fallen just plain crap.
Buster was the younger Witwicky brother in Marvel. He was the older bro in Dreamwave.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Dammitman wrote:I can see Mark as Sam's big brother Buster (see original Marvel comics) but let's face it. Bay's movies made their money on name and Peter Cullin alone. The movies were craptacular at best and with Revenge of the fallen just plain crap.
Buster was the younger Witwicky brother in Marvel. He was the older bro in Dreamwave.

Either way, I have a feeling they'll change his name from Buster to something else. They turned Spike into Sam, probably to make the character sound more "normal." Or, they might preserve Buster as a nickname or something.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Either way, I have a feeling they'll change his name from Buster to something else. They turned Spike into Sam, probably to make the character sound more "normal." Or, they might preserve Buster as a nickname or something.
Wahlberg is playing the father of the lead role, which is that of a high school girl.

The Witwickys' story is practically done, and using another one kinda goes against the whole "fresh take with new characters" ordeal.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

In what DreamWave comic did Buster appear? I remember Spike, but not Buster.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

In what DreamWave comic did Buster appear? I remember Spike, but not Buster.
He was mentioned in some of the earlier ones, and appeared toward the end talking to Marissa Faireborn in his office in D.C. His face was obscured a bit, though, cutting off the top half.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In what DreamWave comic did Buster appear? I remember Spike, but not Buster.
He was mentioned in some of the earlier ones, and appeared toward the end talking to Marissa Faireborn in his office in D.C. His face was obscured a bit, though, cutting off the top half.

Got a title and issue number? :-B
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In what DreamWave comic did Buster appear? I remember Spike, but not Buster.

Got a title and issue number? :-B
Mentioned in "Prime Directive #1" and ongoing issue #9 "Lost and Found". Appeared in ongoing issue #10 "The Route of All Evil".

Also mentioned in book 1 of the Keepers Trilogy, "Hardwired".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 am

Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Wahlberg is playing the father of the lead role, which is that of a high school girl.

The Witwickys' story is practically done, and using another one kinda goes against the whole "fresh take with new characters" ordeal.

Good point.

But then again, Bay said DOTM was his last movie, and yet here he is for TF4. The "fresh take with new characters" thing could mean anything, and there's nothing to stop them from going back on their word and giving us more of the same.

Technically, even if Wahlberg played Sam's older brother, it would still be considered a fresh take as long as the parents and Sam aren't featured in the movie. It'd be a new direction, just with another Witwicky.

Just my two cents' worth.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby El Duque » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Update: Michael Bay has updated his official website with a message that this informatin is false:

Michael Bay wrote:Actor announcement on some web sites last night about Transformer cast joining Mark are completely false.

Those of you who have been keeping up with the Transformers 4 casting news as it trickles out will likely remember the news from last month that director Michael Bay had narrowed down his list of potential young actresses and actors to play Wahlberg's daughter and her boyfriend. twitch is reporting the selections have been made and we can look forward to seeing Nicola Peltz and Brenton Thwaites in these roles. According to twitch Thwaites will play "Peltz's biker boyfriend", though initial casting reports stated the character was a race car driver from Texas.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am

Hmm... they aren't big names, though the girl's known from Shyamalan's The Last Airbender train wreck (she played Katara).

Guess we'll have to wait and see how they do.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Gee, more teen demographic appeal. Yay. :-|

At first I was excited. Now, a great big cloud of pessimism hovers over me. I've lost interest.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
:lol: The movies are so lame, I'm sure nothing will change.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 am

PrymeStriker wrote:Gee, more teen demographic appeal. Yay. :-|
You really expected anything else? At least these two look more like high school-aged teenagers this time.

Plus, they're relatively unknowns. They have more of a clean slate to start off with than Shia did, so we'll get to see them in these roles without too much of their past work to base them on.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
HA! More Australians!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 am

Never heard of either of them. Looking forward to their "performances."
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:13 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
dont care who they are. the more i see castings for TF4 the more i dont care about the humans in it. the robots should be the star of the movies. not these idiots. probably the only thing i will care about from the new movie are the toys.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 am

So since someone is supposed to be a racecar driver.
Will that mean the wreckers are back?

The girl is pretty but I hope her role is actually a good role not just eye candy.

And as for the male character. I really dont know.
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby ausbot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I look at it this way, the crappy movies sponsor the Generations figures!
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Mykltron » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
It makes to change to have a teenager played by a teenager.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #24 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230850 (CA) Land (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #24 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230910 (CA) Harvey (W) Mackie"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVENGE OF COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 Marvel Comics 2019 (CA) Hepburn OCT190950"
REVENGE OF COSMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #2 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230731 (CA) Horley"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var New Champions Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230815 (CA) Garron"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #12 var homager Marvel Comics 2023 APR230844 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Liefeld"
DAREDEVIL #12 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #2 var Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220907 (CA) Aspinall (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #2 var Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220876 (CA) Acuna (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #2 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #1 Vol 10 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210898 (CA) Lee (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #1 Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #21 var Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230932 (CA) Horley (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #21 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #12 var Hellfire Gala Marvel Comics 2022 APR220966 (CA) Dauterman"
MOON KNIGHT #12 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #17 Marvel Comics SEP221028 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay (A) Cappuccio"
MOON KNIGHT #17 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER SOVIET #1 var Marvel Comics 2019 SEP190853 (CA) Casanovas (W) Ennis"
PUNISHER SOVIET #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight CITY OF DEAD #1 Marvel Comics 2023 APR238569 SDCC (CA) Segovia"
Moon Knight CITY O ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON