This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Nike Air Max Flyposite “Megatron”

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Nike Air Max Flyposite “Megatron”

Postby JOP » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I am so very glad that Seibertron opted to stop covering the third party market in favor of... this.

And that logo? I understand the premise; to mix the Decepticon icon, a football helmet, and work in Calvin Johnson's number along the way. This does not change the fact that it is neither obvious or inspired.
JOP
Micromaster

Postby El Duque » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Guys, like I said before, don't turn this into something it's not. While I'm not seeing any obvious connections to Hasbro the official Transformers Facebook page is linking to the Nike press release. That tells me they're endorsing this or at least fine with it.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby vectorA3 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I want everything from that Nike CJ81 Collection!! So sick!!!!
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby RainyDayMan2k » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Motto: "I'm tired of being tired."
Folks, Nike has previously sold licensed Transformers tie-in shoes, mostly linking to the live-action movie series. Plus, they licensed their product image to TakaraTomy for the Sport Label toys. In other words, Nike has an established history as both a licensee of, and a licensor to, the Transformers brand.

I'd say that Hasbro has, at the minimum, given the okay to Nike. No way Nike's lawyers let this go through if they didn't.
RainyDayMan2k
Micromaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am

yes, not to mention the House of Hoops exclusive Megs, BB, and soundwave kicks from 3 yrs. ago
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby krayziejones » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Picked up two pairs of the shoes this morning
krayziejones
Mini-Con

Postby vectorA3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:44 pm

krayziejones wrote:Picked up two pairs of the shoes this morning

About how many pairs at the store? just curious. Also, how many hat, gloves, hoodies, etc. did the store have?
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby krayziejones » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:52 pm

As far as I know this collection was only available online at champs or East Bay. I bought mine at champs and they only had the hat and the shoes, at least when I was online in the morning. Not sure about quantity but when I checked later the shoes were sold out.
krayziejones
Mini-Con

Postby vectorA3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm

i tried looking on Eastbay before black fri. & didn't see anything. I'll have to check it out. Not lookin for the shoes -too expensive

thx for the reply
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby JOP » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

El Duque wrote:Guys, like I said before, don't turn this into something it's not. While I'm not seeing any obvious connections to Hasbro the official Transformers Facebook page is linking to the Nike press release. That tells me they're endorsing this or at least fine with it.

There is no question that Hasbro approved the incredibly prominent use of their marks on these products - if they had not, Hasbro legal would already by firing off cease and desist letters. That the official Transformers Facebook page is providing coverage of the release of these items serves only as further proof. However, this is neither here nor there.

The bigger issue is that Seibertron, after making a forceful point about dropping news of third party figures on the grounds that they were unauthorized and therefore tangential to 'true' Transformers coverage, is now covering the release of American football apparel - for no other reason than the football player this clothing pays homage to is coincidentally nicknamed 'Megatron'. So transforming robot figures are out, but barely-related sports gear is in? How the hell did things end up so backwards?
JOP
Micromaster

Postby vectorA3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 pm

The 3rd party figures/toys get coverage anyway, at least indirectly, b/c the online stores who carry them list them in their headlines. Heck, I bet some of the Hasbro employees buy 3rd party items secretly, b/c they know the character/figure will never have a US release and possibly for research.
The very cool Megatron themed Nike CJ 81 collection has been sanctioned by Hasbro/TF, so coverage of this shouldn't be sharply criticized
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby faustx » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Hmmm...a bit too flashy to actually rock on court, and I can't quite bring myself to put these on display...get me a classic G1 themed version on the other hand....

J
faustx
Mini-Con

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222J"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #47 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 47RI (CA)Cahill"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221674 4B (CA) Zama"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON