Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby El Duque » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon has revealed the cover of IDW's forthcoming volume 4 of Transformers Classics UK. This volume is priced at $24.99 retail ($16.49 Amazon price) and due to release on February 5th. The cover and product details can be found below:

Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 [Paperback]

Book Description
Publication Date: February 5, 2013
Volume 4 of Transformers Classics UK will cover issues #113-145 and include the 1987 Transformers Annual and the Transformers/Action Force crossover, "Ancient Relics!"


Product details
Paperback: 296 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (5 Feb 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775172
ISBN-13: 978-1613775172


Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFINALLY!!! It's about darn time they showed this cover!

And, what gives? It got moved back to February? It's previous listing was for this month. Guess that's one less thing I'll be getting for Christmas. :BOOM:
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby ausbot » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Finally I was starting to get a little worried these books had been cancelled.
User avatar
ausbot
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:And, what gives? It got moved back to February? It's previous listing was for this month.


I don't know what listing you read, but it can't be coming out then, because it wasn't in the Previews catalogue. In fact, this is the first I've ever heard about a release date for it.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And, what gives? It got moved back to February? It's previous listing was for this month.


I don't know what listing you read, but it can't be coming out then, because it wasn't in the Previews catalogue. In fact, this is the first I've ever heard about a release date for it.
Amazon originally had it listed as coming December 11, 2012, and now they've bumped it back further to February 5, 2013, as it now says.

What date are you referring to when you say "it can't be coming out then"? If it's the December one, well, duh. It would already have been out by now if it were. If it's the current February one, then that only further ticks me off. :BOOM:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:What date are you referring to when you say "it can't be coming out then"? If it's the December one, well, duh. It would already have been out by now if it were. If it's the current February one, then that only further ticks me off. :BOOM:


I'm referring to the February one, because the Previews catalogue for that month came out last month, and this wasn’t among the TF titles listed as coming out from IDW.

Then again, now that we have a cover image, it's proof that it IS going to be released. When? Dunno. Probably April (but don't hold me to that).
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What date are you referring to when you say "it can't be coming out then"? If it's the December one, well, duh. It would already have been out by now if it were. If it's the current February one, then that only further ticks me off. :BOOM:


I'm referring to the February one, because the Previews catalogue for that month came out last month, and this wasn’t among the TF titles listed as coming out from IDW.

Then again, now that we have a cover image, it's proof that it IS going to be released. When? Dunno. Probably April (but don't hold me to that).
Do the Previews usually show these TPB releases?

Also, it could be a case like back when you pointed out that the Previews didn't show the Kodansha Sailor Moon Volume 1 release on the date I said that would come, yet it did still get released on that date since I bought it from my local Barnes and Noble on that very day.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Do the Previews usually show these TPB releases?


They showed the first three, so yeah.

Sabrblade wrote:Also, it could be a case like back when you pointed out that the Previews didn't show the Kodansha Sailor Moon Volume 1 release on the date I said that would come, yet it did still get released on that date since I bought it from my local Barnes and Noble on that very day.


Granted. A quick search of the Chapters website shows that they have a listing for it that has the same release date as the one mentioned in the first post. So maybe it'll get released in bookstores first, then solicited in the Previews for release in comic shops in April (or later).

On the other hand, that's not usually the way it works. First they get solicited in the Previews, then it gets released in the bookstores.

Like I said, I dunno, really. It just seems kinda weird that a bookstore would put up a listing for it with a release date in a month that IDW didn’t say it was coming out in.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby RhA » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:20 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
This reminds me. I need to catch up with volumes 2 and 3.
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
In the US series, which issue numbers are these? Or is this UK-exclusive stuff?
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15491
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the US series, which issue numbers are these? Or is this UK-exclusive stuff?
The latter.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the US series, which issue numbers are these? Or is this UK-exclusive stuff?
The latter.


I never read any of the UK stuff. Do these volumes put the UK stories together seamlessly? Or are there spots where you can tell they left out stuff pertaining to the US Marvel stuff?
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15491
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the US series, which issue numbers are these? Or is this UK-exclusive stuff?
The latter.


I never read any of the UK stuff. Do these volumes put the UK stories together seamlessly? Or are there spots where you can tell they left out stuff pertaining to the US Marvel stuff?
They put the stories mostly in the order they were originally released. But, there's a whole lot more content to these volumes than the stories. These books are LOADED with editorials written by James Roberts, in which he gives a complete history of Marvel Comics UK in their working on the UK version of the Transformers comic, as well as interviewing many individuals involved with the comic and giving behind the scenes details about each issue, including their chronological placement and relation to each other and to the U.S. issues. Anyone who reads these volumes shouldn't get lost with all the information put into them to make certain the readers understand how and where these stories fit with the U.S. stories and then some. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 Cover Revealed

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Darth Bombshell wrote:I'm referring to the February one, because the Previews catalogue for that month came out last month, and this wasn’t among the TF titles listed as coming out from IDW.

Then again, now that we have a cover image, it's proof that it IS going to be released. When? Dunno. Probably April (but don't hold me to that).


Hmm. Guess you CAN hold me to that.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum