This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Postby El Duque » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor TFsource has listed pre-orders for Takara Tomy version of the Generations Triplechangers TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing. No images yet, and the news thumbnail is a placeholder of course, but we can expect them to have tweaked decos and lines signature shiny paint. We'll update then images become available. Pre-order link below:

Now up for preorder: TG21 Springer & TG22 Blitzwing! Set for an August release, preorder yours at TFsource here:

Transformers Generations Japan - TG21 Fall of Cybertron – Springer
Transformers Generations Japan - TG22 Fall of Cybertron - Blitzwing

Also updated photos of GTR-03 Megatron
Transformers GT - Super GT - GTR-03 Megatron

And MP-17 & MP-18
MP-17 - Masterpiece Prowl
MP-18 - Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak)
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
im really curious to see what takaras paint jobs look like. i was blown away with the hasbro ones. i con only imagine what these look like.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:24 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Expecting shininess. =P~
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
They had already nailed the paint jobs with the Generations versions, so I'm probably just going to stick with those.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby xyl360 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

Mkall wrote:They had already nailed the paint jobs with the Generations versions, so I'm probably just going to stick with those.

Sure they did in the promo pics and the likely hand painted versions at the show, but that doesn't mean they'll look as good in hand (speaking from past experience of owning both versions of pretty much every CHUG etc. figure I've got) but I'd bet money they won't look as good as Takara's do in the end.

No more Hasbro for me, Takara all the way. If I'm paying a higher price anyway, I might as well save myself the trouble of trying to customize them in order to be satisfied with the paint job. Still, I suppose those color schemes would be pretty hard to mess up, so I'm sure Hasbro's versions will be adequate for most.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Mkall » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm

xyl360 wrote:
Mkall wrote:They had already nailed the paint jobs with the Generations versions, so I'm probably just going to stick with those.

Sure they did in the promo pics and the likely hand painted versions at the show, but that doesn't mean they'll look as good in hand (speaking from past experience of owning both versions of pretty much every CHUG etc. figure I've got) but I'd bet money they won't look as good as Takara's do in the end.

No more Hasbro for me, Takara all the way. If I'm paying a higher price anyway, I might as well save myself the trouble of trying to customize them in order to be satisfied with the paint job. Still, I suppose those color schemes would be pretty hard to mess up, so I'm sure Hasbro's versions will be adequate for most.

I'm not so sure on this one. The figures at SDCC were most likely the final release figures given how close they are to release. I believe we saw Springer in package there. As much as I want to go your route and do Takara only, I just don't have the budget I once had for that type of spending, what with all the cool 3rd party stuff now wanting my attention.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Anyone else notice they're labeled Fall of Cybertron, despite not sharing the same aesthetic features?

I'm fairly pleased with how Hasbro's Springer and Blitzwing turn out. But, for those who favor show-accuracy (like myself) over toy-accuracy, I think Takara will nail Blitzwing the best. The purple/khaki on the Hasbro version seems more accurate to his original toy, wheras the Takara will probably come with a lighter shade of purple/khaki.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby KapikoArt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you , makes you stronger
What you can do today ,postpone till the day after tomorrow cause you don't know if you'll free tomorrow"
Weapon: Air-To-Air Heat Seeking Missiles
I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!
KapikoArt
Micromaster
Watch KapikoArt on YouTube
Buy from KapikoArt on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby KapikoArt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 pm

What you can do today ,postpone till the day after tomorrow cause you don't know if you'll free tomorrow"
I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!
KapikoArt
Micromaster

Postby xyl360 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Kapiko Customs wrote:I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!

That hasn't been the case with any other figure so far, so I don't expect these to be any exception to that. I think Takara will as always use more/metallic paint and/or at least slightly different plastic coloring for parts of the figures or the entire figures.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

xyl360
City Commander

Postby KapikoArt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Well, let's hope I'm wrong and extra money will make it worth!
KapikoArt
Micromaster

Postby xyl360 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Kapiko Customs wrote:Well, let's hope I'm wrong and extra money will make it worth!

Hey, I hope you're right honestly. I hate that every collector not willing/not able to shell out the extra cash for imports frequently gets a figure with less paint and uglier plastics.

It would be a refreshing change if they didn't for once.

Hell, if that were the case, I might switch back to buying some Hasbro products again. As it is now, I've decided I want the best regardless of cost, and history has shown (especially recently) that that means importing from Takara.

xyl360
City Commander

Postby KapikoArt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:32 am

Agreed!
KapikoArt
Micromaster

Postby Springer2814 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 am

Preordered Takara Springer from BBTS
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Springer2814
Mini-Con
Strength: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
So I can pay [url=http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22609&mode=retail]45 bucks for two of the domestic versions... or sixty bucks for one. Yeah.... not a chance in HELL. Hasbro for me, please.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So I can pay 45 bucks for two of the domestic versions... or sixty bucks for one. Yeah.... not a chance in HELL. Hasbro for me, please.

Fixed the URL link for ya. You're welcome.

In their defense, that is the preorder price. They usually drop down after they get confirmation on the real deal.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mkall » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So I can pay 45 bucks for two of the domestic versions... or sixty bucks for one. Yeah.... not a chance in HELL. Hasbro for me, please.

In their defense, that is the preorder price. They usually drop down after they get confirmation on the real deal.

Not really with BBTS and Takara stuff. 60 is about what a TakaraTomy Voyager fig goes for.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Mkall wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Not really with BBTS and Takara stuff. 60 is about what a TakaraTomy Voyager fig goes for.

Oh, seriously? Well hot damn, I take back what I said then..

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sinnertwin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Unless it's coming out of my pocket, people can pay however much for their figures. Makes you happy? Go for it, i say!
Sinnertwin
Combiner

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:32 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
If people wanna pay that, then sure. Me? Still not a chance in hell.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
I really hope these two will be smallish voyagers. If they are the size of FOC Soundwave I'm not sure they will replace my Springers on my shelf. I will get them both either way. Now if only Takara can show us some actual product images to help us decide which to go for.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461

Postby Stormrider » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
mooncake623 wrote:I really hope these two will be smallish voyagers. If they are the size of FOC Soundwave I'm not sure they will replace my Springers on my shelf. I will get them both either way. Now if only Takara can show us some actual product images to help us decide which to go for.

Yeah, I have these guys preordered, but I am about to cancel the preorders unless I see pics soon and go with the Hasbro versions.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:00 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Anyone disappointed in these? from the toy show it seems like there isn't much of a difference from the Hasbro versions. NO shiny paint, just slightly different color plastics and a shiny gold head for Blitzwing. anyone keeping their pre-orders?
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON