Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Which came first? Robot mode or vehicle mode in packaging?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Which came first? Robot mode or vehicle mode in packaging?

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Weird thing that's been bugging me but always forgot to ask and related to this thread:

mp-12-and-mp-14-packaging-variant-t93313.php

For anybody in the know, when a TF toy gets assembled in the factory, does it first appear in the robot form then vehicle mode? Like, do the workers then manhandle the item and transform them to the vehicle mode or vice versa?

Same thing like the Yamato Valkyries. Are they first assembled in bot mode then to their awesome jet mode?
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
fenrir72
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Which came first? Robot mode or vehicle mode in packaging?

Postby craggy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:48 pm

I never ever thought of that. I thought you were meaning which form showed up in package on shelves first, and that varied from figure to figure I think. Might be something similar with construction, but yeah, an interesting thing to think on.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Sinnertwin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
I'd be inclined to think robot, then transformed into car etc. I'm thinking: how else would you get all the intricate parts if it was assembled in alt mode? :-? Good question, Fenrir, good question
Sinnertwin
Combiner

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:59 am

Motto: "There are way too many people on this planet. We need a new plague."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I would think robot mode is easier to assemble, as it's less compact than the vehicle (in most cases) and the assemblers can get the the joints and small parts easier.
............Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 17

Postby Mykltron » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:14 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
I would think it's assembled in a hybrid state. If you take your robot and open up all the panels (like the panel that conceals the hand when folded in) then that's probably what it would look like.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 10

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014