Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.
- Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
- Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Weird thing that's been bugging me but always forgot to ask and related to this thread:mp-12-and-mp-14-packaging-variant-t93313.php
For anybody in the know, when a TF toy gets assembled in the factory, does it first appear in the robot form then vehicle mode? Like, do the workers then manhandle the item and transform them to the vehicle mode or vice versa?
Same thing like the Yamato Valkyries. Are they first assembled in bot mode then to their awesome jet mode?
My Transformers purchasing habits, here are my following considerations so as not to DERAIL thread discussions:
1. Not hung up or hate scale. MP, Legend, Voyager....I'll take 'em all.
2. Price is indeed a big factor but if its a need to own one even if I have to eat "Scooby Snacks " for a month then so be it.
3. I tilt towards Tomy products over Hasbro because it's got lots'a bling (Legends Jetfire being the exception)
- Guardian Of Seibertron
- Posts: 5722
- News Credits: 14
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:37 am
- Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
- Strength: 9
- Intelligence: 9
- Speed: 6
- Endurance: 10+
- Rank: 9
- Courage: 10
- Firepower: 8
- Skill: 9
I never ever thought of that. I thought you were meaning which form showed up in package on shelves first, and that varied from figure to figure I think. Might be something similar with construction, but yeah, an interesting thing to think on.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
- Faction Commander
- Posts: 4786
- News Credits: 4
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm
- Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
- Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
I'd be inclined to think robot, then transformed into car etc. I'm thinking: how else would you get all the intricate parts if it was assembled in alt mode?
Good question, Fenrir, good question
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 am
I would think robot mode is easier to assemble, as it's less compact than the vehicle (in most cases) and the assemblers can get the the joints and small parts easier.
............."We're gonna see just how much Rod they can handle!"............
- God Of Transformers
- Posts: 16766
- News Credits: 17
- Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm
- Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.
Weapon: tea cup."
I would think it's assembled in a hybrid state. If you take your robot and open up all the panels (like the panel that conceals the hand when folded in) then that's probably what it would look like.
- Guardian Of Seibertron
- Posts: 6151
- News Credits: 10
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:43 am
- Location: Nearby. Watching.
Return to Transformers Toys Discussion
Registered users: -Kanrabat-, astig, Bing [Bot], BrokenPrime, Cobotron, Convoy, evogrg, Exabot [Bot], G1OPT1MU5PR1M3, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], grimdragon2001, LazarusGundam, Lunarabbit, MasterSoundBlaster, mooncake623, MSNbot Media, NeoDarwinian, Shadowman, Stryfe Convoy, Thadicon, Tsutsukakushi, william-james88, Yahoo [Bot]