This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

e-Hobby Generations Magnificus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Stormrider wrote:Could the hand be Beast Wars Prime?
There's a Beast Wars Prime? :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby RhA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Could the hand be Beast Wars Prime?
There's a Beast Wars Prime? :P

A primal one?
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
BBTS wrote:Hi - we've negotiated a lower rate with our supplier on this item and the retail pricing has been reduced from $99.99 to $89.99 - thanks very much for buying from BBTS!

www.bigbadtoystore.com
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Mkall » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
BBTS wrote:Hi - we've negotiated a lower rate with our supplier on this item and the retail pricing has been reduced from $99.99 to $89.99 - thanks very much for buying from BBTS!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com

If the Club is still going to offer their's for $90, I'll stick with BBTS.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:30 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
e-Hobby has tweeted a couple of new in-hand images of their upcoming exclusive Magnificus. They've also updated his profile on their website with a color version of the previously revealed comic cover and his bio.

Once Military Affairs Advisor for Mebion, Magnificus was betrayed by an unknown comrade and banished to frontier space. Forced to serve as a gun-for-hire, he has spent long years on the run from bounty hunters with his comrade-in-arms, Gamede. But the pair has finally found a means to achieve their revenge: body data stolen from Perceptor using Gamede's ability to shrink to atomic size! Redesigning his body using this data, Magnificus has successfully mastered the art of "Psychometry", which is the ability to see residual images by scanning objects and other lifeforms. Can Magnificus master this ability and use it to determine the identity of his betrayer?

Physical fitness: 10
Intellect: 10
Durability: 10
Teamwork: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skills: 10

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
that is really really nice, too bad its freakin expensive

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:43 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
"To conquer, or not to conquer, that is the question..."
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8

Postby KnightStrike » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Wow, that looks fantastic! Too bad the price is way out of my range. Just can't justify that for a deluxe, especially for a character I don't really know, but man it does look really awesome :D
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby triKlops » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
KnightStrike wrote:Wow, that looks fantastic! Too bad the price is way out of my range. Just can't justify that for a deluxe, especially for a character I don't really know, but man it does look really awesome :D

Agreed on this; he looks great, just cant come out my pocket for him now at that price.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Mkall » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'm getting 2. One for Magnificus and the other for SG Perceptor.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Skill: 10

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
Pretty sweet, but I'm not willing to pay the $90 plus shipping the club will charge for this. Frankly, I'd rather just import the eHobby version and save myself some cash...

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Henry921 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hm, well...

Nah, I'll pass.

I'd have bought it for $60. Sure as hell not buying one deluxe for $90 + shipping.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
El Duque wrote:e-Hobby has tweeted a couple of new in-hand images of their upcoming exclusive Magnificus. They've also updated his profile on their website with a color version of the previously revealed comic cover and his bio.

Once Military Affairs Advisor for Mebion, Magnificus was betrayed by an unknown comrade and banished to frontier space. Forced to serve as a gun-for-hire, he has spent long years on the run from bounty hunters with his comrade-in-arms, Gamede. But the pair has finally found a means to achieve their revenge: body data stolen from Perceptor using Gamede's ability to shrink to atomic size! Redesigning his body using this data, Magnificus has successfully mastered the art of "Psychometry", which is the ability to see residual images by scanning objects and other lifeforms. Can Magnificus master this ability and use it to determine the identity of his betrayer?

wow a Physical fitness of 10!! must be one really inshape robot -_-

I will buy this =D
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am

mooncake623 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

I will buy this =D
It's a rough translation. Physical fitness should be "Strength", Intellect "Intelligence", Durability "Endurance", Teamwork "Rank", Firepower "Fireblast", and Skills just "Skill".

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

I will buy this =D
It's a rough translation. Physical fitness should be "Strength", Intellect "Intelligence", Durability "Endurance", Teamwork "Rank", Firepower "Fireblast", and Skills just "Skill".

I figured, was just trying to make fun of it! =X
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Firepower: 10

Postby necr0blivion » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Because it looks like no one updated this posting, TFCC is selling this figure for $82, and with $9.85 USPS Priority shipping I'm getting this guy for a total of $91.85.

So if you're thinking about getting this figure AND you already have an active club account, this is better than the usual online retailers (I'm sure there's a legit business reason for this too).
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm

e-Hobby's official YouTube channel has been updated with a video showcasing their upcoming exclusive Magnificus, a redeco of Reveal the Shield Perceptor featuring a brand new head sculpt. The video is in Japanese, but they've been kind enough to provide an English transcript of the video as well.

English translation:
Hello, Transformers fans! This is Andrew from e-HOBBY. Today, I'm going to show you an early sample of Generations Magnificus!

And does it ever look good, with that clear red and silver chrome! This is still a prototype, though, so the final version should have more details that will make it look closer to the sample on our product page. The release is a few months off, but don't forget that reservations end on May 8th!*

Robot mode:
In robot mode, of course the first thing you notice is the retooled head, which is based on the toy version of Perceptor. United Perceptor had a different, kind of friendly-looking face, but for the revenge-bent Magnificus, it's all about the faceplate.

The painted yellow eyes are another important point. If the toy used the built-in light piping feature, it would end up with eyes in the same clear red color as its chest. Magnificus is a little different than normal Autobots and Decepticons, being a lone-wolf type, so I think the eyes are key for him. The back of his head is painted black so that the colors match well.

This is a little different than the G1 Magnificus, but the chest window is colored in clear red. You can open or close it to change the color balance of the figure in a cool way. The chrome parts from G1 Magnificus are authentically recreated with his chest panel and arm dials.

Actually, there's one more big reason that the chest is colored like this, which G1 fans may pick up on right away. Being that he's a former military consul, you would imagine that Magnificus is good at analyzing the abilities of his foes, right? To convey that, the chest is colored so that it can be used as a tech spec decoder!

By the way, I've heard some fans say that they wish Generations Magnificus had some hand-held weapons to choose from. Well, it just so happens that Magnificus's fists use 5-mm holes, a common standard from G1. What this means is that for those of you that own the 2005 release of G1 Magnificus, its rifle and missile launcher can be used here to fully arm the new Magnificus! These weapons here are actually G1 Perceptor's. The Ga'mede figure from the 2005 release also has a very nice size balance when paired with Generations Magnificus.

Vehicle mode:
Now it's time for vehicle mode. There are just as many fine details here are there are in robot mode. The clear parts such as the lights and windows are red, giving him a Nemesis Prime-like impact. The bumper parts are painted in metallic silver, but the details on the treads and grill are gunmetal-colored. To avoid the toy looking plain in black, it's got tons of detailed paint apps.

Finally, there's the license plate... "Mebion" is spelled out "M3810N," so it's convincing as a vanity plate. "MEBION" was the keyword from our first press release, and it was hidden among three glowing red circles. The image for those was these three red lights. It only took about 2 hours for fans to deduce that the new figure would be Magnificus, so I guess we need to make the hint a little more difficult next time...

Comic:
The 8-page comic is still in production, so I can only show you the cover right now, but I hope everybody will be looking forward to it! It's got Ga'mede, and this enigmatic gorilla-like dude here, in a Western-styled story where the bad guys get the spotlight. I think that Decepticon fans will have a lot of fun reading it.

That concludes this video review, but I'll be doing a special review next time, comparing G1 and Generations Magnificus! Until then... IT NEVER ENDS!

*May 8th is the planned cutoff date for orders shipped within Japan. For international orders, please contact our partner, the Official Transformers Collectors' Club.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm

English transcript is in the extended video description.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:English transcript is in the extended video description.

Muchos gracias!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:20 pm

El Duque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:English transcript is in the extended video description.

Muchos gracias!
Thank Hydra for providing it. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stormrider » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Thanks for the video review.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby El Duque » Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am

e-Hobby has updated the product page for their upcoming Magnificus exclusive with a teaser from the comic he will come packed with. As you can see in the image mirrored below the comic features Ga'mede and what appears to be the never produced Gorilla Double Pretender.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mindmaster » Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Imminent Beast Wars Transmetal Optimus Primal repaint/retool, anyone?

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby gothsaurus » Wed May 08, 2013 10:56 am

Wow. Crazy obscure reference! Makes me wonder if they might release these guys as part of the 30th anniversary or something.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 am

gothsaurus wrote:Wow. Crazy obscure reference! Makes me wonder if they might release these guys as part of the 30th anniversary or something.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I would like to see an attempt at a modernized Pretender (Thunderwing and Black Shadow are out of the question).

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
NEW!
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON