Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby El Duque » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
As we approach Hasbro's Transformers "Thrilling 30" Anniversary a rather awesome new feature has been added to the official website, the "Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll". This poll asks fans to answer five questions:

  • Faction
  • Alternate Mode
  • Signature Weapon
  • Color Scheme
  • Personality

The results of this poll will be used to create a brand new Transformers character that will be featured in an upcoming Transformers comic series and appear in the "Thrilling 30" figure line. We will also get to see the character come to life through sketches and concept art throughout the design process, which will be shared on Transformers.com.

Click here to cast your votes!

HASBRO, INC. IS KICKING OFF THE THRILLING 30 WITH THE FAN BUILT BOT POLL! FOR THE 1ST TIME EVER, A FAN VOTE WILL DECIDE AN ALL NEW TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER. VOTE DAILY HERE AT TRANSFORMERS.COM TO HAVE A HAND IN THE BOT BUILDING!
ONCE THE VOTES HAVE BEEN TALLIED, COME BACK TO TRANSFORMERS.COM TO SEE THE DESIGNERS AT WORK. SKETCHES, IMAGES AND MORE WILL BE REVEALED AS THE NEW BOT CHARACTER COMES TO LIFE.
ADD THE BOT TO YOUR COLLECTION! THE NEW TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER WILL BE REVEALED, NAMED AND FOREVER ADDED TO THE TRANSFORMERS WORLD INCLUDING AN UPCOMING IDW COMIC SERIES AND IN THE "THRILLING 30" PRODUCT LINE NEXT YEAR.


Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9921
News Credits: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby jindrak » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Autobot, Car, Blaster cannon, Orange and white, Grumpy= RUNG!!

Vote now, vote often!
Grimlock know how to bash brains. Maybe bash yours.
jindrak
Minibot
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:14 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I voted for a Grumpy orange and white Decepticon construction vehicle that wields a mace.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4894
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
My message disappeared, how peculiar.
Here it is again:

This is actually a cool idea!

My juicy bit from the news? 'An upcoming IDW series'.
Really? A new one? Replacing ReGen One, maybe? Ooooh. :-?
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Motto: "The boldest futures are those whose times have passed."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Voted for a grumpy purple-and-bronze Decepticon Terran Beast with a mace. Interested to see how this turns out!
They race to bury everything except for what they find on the bottom.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3323
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Cynognathus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

EDIT: Jesus I've been awake for a long time. I thought an option on the last question was to make it a secretary. #-o

EDIT-EDIT: Right now my thinking is to just go for whatever options Hasbro are least likely to do under their own steam.
Last edited by Sodan-1 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2278
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby rpetras » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Decepticon
Motorcycle
Sword
Purple & Bronze
Sneaky

I'm thinking fembot ninja!
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
City Commander
Posts: 3624
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That's a pretty cool idea! Not sure if I'll vote, I have no idea what I'd want right now, but I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. :D
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8794
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby That Bot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Autobot
Construction
Orange & White
Nunchucks
Valiant

We need more construction 'bots.
Image
That Bot
Gestalt
Posts: 2024
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

EDIT: Jesus I've been awake for a long time. I thought an option on the last question was to make it a secretary. #-o

EDIT-EDIT: Right now my thinking is to just go for whatever options Hasbro are least likely to do under their own steam.



Yes. Just to see what will happen when we get a purple and bronze hotshot Decepticon construction with nunchucks. :D
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Motto: "The boldest futures are those whose times have passed."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?
They race to bury everything except for what they find on the bottom.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3323
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Cynognathus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Va'al wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

EDIT: Jesus I've been awake for a long time. I thought an option on the last question was to make it a secretary. #-o

EDIT-EDIT: Right now my thinking is to just go for whatever options Hasbro are least likely to do under their own steam.



Yes. Just to see what will happen when we get a purple and bronze hotshot Decepticon construction with nunchucks. :D

Apologies, just want to double-check: mockery?

Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

How many Transformers can you think of that have had nunchucks in all fairness. There's been a few maces even I can think of.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2278
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Motto: "The boldest futures are those whose times have passed."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Sodan-1 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

How many Transformers can you think of that have had nunchucks in all fairness. There's been a few maces even I can think of.


I suppose it's just Animated Jazz, but he's more recent than the last TF I can think of with a mace (as opposed to a morning star), which is Transmetal Optimus Primal.
They race to bury everything except for what they find on the bottom.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3323
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Cynognathus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sodan-1 wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

EDIT: Jesus I've been awake for a long time. I thought an option on the last question was to make it a secretary. #-o

EDIT-EDIT: Right now my thinking is to just go for whatever options Hasbro are least likely to do under their own steam.



Yes. Just to see what will happen when we get a purple and bronze hotshot Decepticon construction with nunchucks. :D

Apologies, just want to double-check: mockery?


Not mocking you, that's what I voted! I love the idea! :D

Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

How many Transformers can you think of that have had nunchucks in all fairness. There's been a few maces even I can think of.


Animated Jazz is the only one that springs to mind, really. :-?
Last edited by Dr Va'al on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!
Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6164
News Credits: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mindmaster wrote:I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!


He's already showing up in IDW though!
He was in the backgroud of Spotlight: Thundercracker, and has been mentioned in the solicits for July's Robots in Disguise.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Va'al wrote:Not mocking you, that's what I voted! I love the idea! :D

Oh right. Sorry. I wasn't sure and I'm in a sensitive mood, lol. :sad: Even I have to admit that's one crazy combo.
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

How many Transformers can you think of that have had nunchucks in all fairness. There's been a few maces even I can think of.


I suppose it's just Animated Jazz, but he's more recent than the last TF I can think of with a mace (as opposed to a morning star), which is Transmetal Optimus Primal.

Now you mention it I think I am kind of bunching maces and morning stars together. Morning stars I suppose are sort of like the love-child of a mace and nunchucks. And now I'm thinking of nunchucks with a spiked-ball at the centre of the chain. (And now I'm thinking that it's general silhouette bears a resemblance to a ball-gag. :-s I really shouldn't stay awake for more than 24 hours.)

EDIT: In the end I voted for Decepticon, avian beast, crossbow, blue and silver, and secretive. I'm envisioning a lone bird of prey that hunts in the silence of the night. ;)
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2278
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
'Con
Choppah
Spear/Harpoon
Purple/Bronze
Wildman

No one in particular I'm trying to homage.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1228
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Motto: "The boldest futures are those whose times have passed."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I don't think we'll get a homage out of this, so I'm just hoping for a big, bad-tempered bruiser of a Decepticon that turns into smething nasty with horns or tusks.
They race to bury everything except for what they find on the bottom.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3323
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Cynognathus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!


He's already showing up in IDW though!
He was in the backgroud of Spotlight: Thundercracker, and has been mentioned in the solicits for July's Robots in Disguise.


Where was I when they announced this crap?

Oh yeah, and obligatory "images or GTFO".
Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6164
News Credits: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!


He's already showing up in IDW though!
He was in the backgroud of Spotlight: Thundercracker, and has been mentioned in the solicits for July's Robots in Disguise.


Where was I when they announced this crap?



Er... somewhere else?


Seriously, the more I think about it, the more we should go for the most ridiculous character we can think of!
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!


He's already showing up in IDW though!
He was in the backgroud of Spotlight: Thundercracker, and has been mentioned in the solicits for July's Robots in Disguise.


Where was I when they announced this crap?



Er... somewhere else?


Seriously, the more I think about it, the more we should go for the most ridiculous character we can think of!


The ultimate trolling a Transformer fan can do... I like this idea!
Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6164
News Credits: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Motto: "The boldest futures are those whose times have passed."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Va'al wrote:Seriously, the more I think about it, the more we should go for the most ridiculous character we can think of!


I think we should instead vote for what we actually WANT instead of trying to troll Hasbro. This is a poll of fan preferences, I can see it having an effect on more than this one character.
They race to bury everything except for what they find on the bottom.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3323
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Cynognathus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby TK415 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

•Autobot
•Jet
•Longrange blaster
•Blue and silver
•Sneaky

I want more Autobot Jets.
TK415
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Va'al wrote:Seriously, the more I think about it, the more we should go for the most ridiculous character we can think of!


I think we should instead vote for what we actually WANT instead of trying to troll Hasbro. This is a poll of fan preferences, I can see it having an effect on more than this one character.


I think this fandom needs to lighten up, and this is a good way of ensuring that. ;)
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 11869
News Credits: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TA-06 MEGATRON Transformers Animated complete Voyager 2008 Takara Tomy Japan - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 34 minutes 19 seconds
2016 Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Skywarp - Decepticon - Time Remaining: 11 days 19 hours 10 minutes 8 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE JHIAXUS  FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 20 minutes 5 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS G1 90 TIGERTRACK E-HOBBY EXCLUSIVE YELLOW SIDESWIPE - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 20 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers G1 Masterpiece Dinobot Sludge Fans Toys FT-07 Stomp in USA!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 58 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS TRACKS BLUE CORVETTE WITH G1 FLAME STICKER - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 59 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS JAPAN C-39 SURVIVE KODIAK GRIZZLY BEAR FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 E-HOBBY SHATTERED GLASS SG SOUNDWAVE SG BLASTER SOUNDBLASTER - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 35 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
Twincast / Podcast #148:
"And Rom The Space Knight"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016