This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll

Postby megatronus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:I think it's so obvious that Star Saber is gonna win this thing, what with just how ridiculously popular the guy is with the Japanese fandom. ;)

I'd be 100% OK with that :D
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby megatronus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 am

Double Post!

Also, Star Saber's TF wiki page is somewhat hilarious. I also appreciate how he has a passing resemblance to Superion.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Seibertron » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:I think it's so obvious that Star Saber is gonna win this thing, what with just how ridiculously popular the guy is with the Japanese fandom. ;)

What is this statement based on? It seems like conjecture. I've never heard that Star Saber was "ridiculously popular" with the Japanese fandom before. He's one of my favorites, but he hasn't received a lot of love in the past 25 years since his introduction other than a Robot Masters figure, a Mega SCF figure, an SCF figure, and a Kabaya figure.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Seibertron wrote:

What is this statement based on? It seems like conjecture. I've never heard that Star Saber was "ridiculously popular" with the Japanese fandom before. He's one of my favorites, but he hasn't received a lot of love in the past 25 years since his introduction other than a Robot Masters figure, a Mega SCF figure, an SCF figure, and a Kabaya figure.

Well, he is supposedly leading the poll. Couldn't that lead be from his popularity? Different tastes from both sides of the Pacific. Look at Hotrod, a lot of non Japanese fans hate him and that bugger gets like tons of versions.
Last edited by fenrir72 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Tronus_Rex » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Planet-cybering Headmaster Fortress Maximus is my 1st & 2nd choice!!! After that would be god-jinrai (Powermaster Prime), a good candidate but still a distant 3rd.

However, why is there no Ultra Magnus based on MP-10?
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor

Postby DTR69 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Tronus_Rex wrote:Planet-cybering Headmaster Fortress Maximus is my 1st & 2nd choice!!! After that would be god-jinrai (Powermaster Prime), a good candidate but still a distant 3rd.

However, why is there no Ultra Magnus based on MP-10?

Well I have some good news for you, [I may be totaly wrong as it's unusual to know so many of the up and coming MP figures, usualy we know one, 2 if we are lucky and usualy that's a repaint] you have overlooked, that there are several up andcoming new releases, aswell as several repaints, there is Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and yes Ultra Magnus. SO far no prototype figures have surfaced to give us a glimpse, but aparently these are all confirmed furure releases andare already up for pre order.

Back to your choice on 1st and 2nd. I hope you and anyone who actualy votes and has a real influence on what is released will reconsider Fortress Maximus as a contender. I think it would make a great release, but there are other figures that should come before, and in the list he should be the last out of the G1 figures. My reason being is that the MP line is a chance for characters that never met there potential first time round. Also let sface it, FOrtress Maximus doesn't need the MP treatment to transform, as his alt modes are totaly fanatasy. Yeah victory leo is a robotic cat, but there are still proportion restrictions etc.
Fortress Maximus also doesn't have the best robot mode, IMO, and Your next choice of God Ginrai aka Powermaster Prime, had an awful toy robot mode, and we know from the artwork that if he was done right could have an amzing robot form. The recent release of Gnerations Metroplex has MP posability and has the scale, so until the characters the are more deserving of the MP treatment, surelt Metroplex can fill the space for MP Maximus.
There are some on the List such as Galaxy Force Prime, which is a nice figure but Powermaster Prime is the inspiration for that figure and Galaxy Force Prime has no right to get the MP treatment before PM Prime. ANd there are some figures that even with the MP treatment will still be rubbish such as Armada prime, how could they make an MP figure of him before even Galavtron. We need a JetFire and a SKyFiire, as there are definently 2 moulds there, and a shockwave, as this would sort out the mould rights problems, if they have there own official version and they could base the designon the anime and comic stylings to create and overcome any similarity design issues.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Metrosuplex » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Needs more cow bell OPTIMUS!

Seriously, I get why this list is what it is (thank you, Sabr! :BOWDOWN: ), but I will KILL someone if another Optimus variation gets made into an MP! :BOOM: We already have had how many MP Optimi made??? Shouldn't they start on BB and his myriad of clones? I'm hoping for a chocolate swirl BB with nuts. 8-}
But seriously, I'm saying we should prevent a tragedy and NOT do another Optimus variation. It's not to say those aren't some good choices (well, the ones where he's NOT a truck), but come on... :PRAY:

It's pretty obvious it's going to be Star Saber, and I.... ehhh, don't care. >:oP I'd like to see Fort Max, just for the inevitable disappointment: some peoples ASSUMES he'd be in scale, but my money is on the opposite: he'd be shrunken down to Optimus height, just to get an affordable price on him (as others have mentioned/alluded).

SXS Not-Blurr looks/sounds better to me.

This announcement of an impending announcement? I-) Just reminds me of how slow MP development and production is in general, and is that really the best idea, Takara? To remind fans of how long they have to wait? :HEADHURTS: I understand quality takes time... when you have 5 employees working on it. :BANG_HEAD: Seriously hire a couple more guys and get this stuff organized!
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby MagnetarPrime » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
megatronus wrote:

I'd be 100% OK with that :D

me too :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8

Postby MagnetarPrime » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
I really like all of these options, but if I had to vote for one figure only to be a masterpiece,,,, >:oP I would be torn between Star Saber, Dai Atlas and Fortress Maximus.

If they choose Fortress Maximus I wonder how big this figure would be :-? , considering the 'regular' version of him is almost 2 feet tall, lol, anything bigger than that seems like a long shot, but who knows?

:BANG_HEAD:
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Less than 24 hours to go before the announcement! I'm excited. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Tronus_Rex » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Less than 24 hours to go before the announcement! I'm excited. :D

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it not so much an announcement, as it is just a strong hint?
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor

Postby Valandar » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Honestly, I don't see why Galaxy Prime would even need an MP figure. He's 100% show accurate, has excellent articulation, a simple yet elegant transform, and is one of the best Prime figures in the past 20 years.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Speed: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Tronus_Rex wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Less than 24 hours to go before the announcement! I'm excited. :D

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it not so much an announcement, as it is just a strong hint?
Tomorrow between 8-9pm Japan Time (which will be 6-7am Eastern Time), TakaraTomy is going to announce the name of which character won the Masterpiece Fans Choice poll to be given his own Masterpiece toy. The toy itself mostly likely won't be revealed, but the winning character's identity will.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deruji » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:33 am

Fan's Choice Results:

11th Fortress Maximus
10th Grand Convoy
9th Raio(Leo) Convoy
8th Big Convoy
7th Galaxy Convoy
6th Beast Wars Convoy (Optimus Primal)
5th Super Fire Convoy
4th Dai Atlas
3rd Super Ginrai
2nd Micron Convoy

The officlal winner of the fan poll is Star Saber
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Postby Deruji » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:00 am

Some highlights from the stream:
- Twitter Q&A
- Interview with the designer of Star Saber, he talked about differences between the US and Japanese shows, showed original design drawings and some animation cells.
- Transformers Cloud announcement
- Transformers Go! figures

Wished they hadn't kept overlaying the loud music when they talked ><
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Winner announced for Takara Tomy's Transformers 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll

Postby Va'al » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
It's time! The Takara Tomy Transformers 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll has closed and the results are in, ready to be revealed to all Transformers fans. The full ceremony can be viewed through the video below, from the official TakaraTomy YouTube channel. For everyone else, here are the exciting results ...

...and here are the results in order from the least votes to the most votes:

11th Fortress Maximus
10th Grand Convoy
9th Raio (Leo) Convoy
8th Big Convoy
7th Galaxy Convoy
6th Beast Wars Convoy (Optimus Primal)

5. Super Fire Convoy

4. Transformers Zone Dai Atlas

3. Super Ginrai

2. Micron Densetsu Convoy

And the winner is..

1. Star Saber!

Also shown were a couple of Star Saber's character models from the Victory series. It is highly possible that this is the look that Takara Tomy wants to achieve with this Masterpiece figure. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for further details as they become available.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby 1984forever » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 am

What? Why!? WHY waste time making this piece of junk from the waning days of G1 when there are so many characters from the 1984 cast they have yet to put in MP form? The current pace of the their MP releases has been beyond lazy and yet they have time to jerk around with Star Saber??? :BOOM:
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 am

Called it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
84forever wrote:What? Why!? WHY waste time making this piece of junk from the waning days of G1 when there are so many characters from the 1984 cast they have yet to put in MP form? The current pace of the their MP releases has been beyond lazy and yet they have time to jerk around with Star Saber??? :BOOM:

As Saberblade called it......he's insanely popular in Japan. American opinions don't amount to cr@p over the domestic (Japanese) views.

:APPLAUSE: Hopefully this is translated into reality (but then if Saber is made then Victory Leo can"t be far behind?), this may mark a ground breaking trend for a Masterpiece power up fig for the latter.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:32 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I guess you could say Star Saber just nabbed himself a sweet... *puts on sunglasses* ...victory.

...Right, I'll escort myself out.

84forever wrote:What? Why!? WHY waste time making this piece of junk from the waning days of G1 when there are so many characters from the 1984 cast they have yet to put in MP form? The current pace of the their MP releases has been beyond lazy and yet they have time to jerk around with Star Saber??? :BOOM:

1. The poll is based on the Autobot Commanders from Headmasters to Cybertron. There would've been no way to vote for other characters. Besides, why celebrate the Transformers' 30th anniversary with a character that could get MP treatment later on when it could be celebrated by making an MP of a Convoy? ;)

2. Star Saber is insanely popular in Japan. It was virtually no contest, he's that popular. And I don't blame them. He has an awesome, streamlined design, in my opinion.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:01 am

Also, "This video is private". Boo.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby soundwave87 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:13 am

I agree with you
I agree with you ...
:BOOM:
soundwave87
Mini-Con

Postby bluecatcinema » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 am

Sweet! Can't wait to see the Super Mode. Do you think they'll keep the Brainmaster gimmick?
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby megatronus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:17 am

I'm excited to see how they pull him off! :D
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby No One » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 am

Okay so a Masterpiece of an alt mode that does not exist. Got ya.
No One
Vehicon
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr A DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223268 1A (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr G cardstock Image Comics 2022 1G (CA) White Sketch"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr C TWD 20th Annv Image Comics 2023 0823IM448 23C (CA) Segovia"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #15 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220194 15B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #15 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230351 21B (CA)Mattina (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #8 Cvr B Image Comics MAR220223 8B (CA) Blank Sketch 230531A"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #1 Cvr B virgin Image Comics 2023 NOV220030 1B Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220281 13B (CA) Dihn (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #13 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM379 22C (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #347 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM457 347B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #347 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220240 331A (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #331 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr H 1:50 Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1H Spawn (CA) Capullo"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr D Image Comics 2024 1123IM226 350D (CA) Booth"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr D I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON