This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

Postby El Duque » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
From Hasbro's display case on the BotCon 2013 Dealer sales floor we have have images of the upcoming Toys"R"Us Transformers Masterpiece Exclusives for 2013! Soundwave comes with all five of minions Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Frenzy, and Rumble, but that's not all! He also comes with an energon cube, alternate chest display, and all the accessories from the Takara Tomy release. Also in 2013 Acid Storm, a redeco of the new revised Seeker mold in green and digital camo. Click here for the full gallery.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Sooooooooooo much want for M.P soundwave :KREMZEEK: And i still say Acidrain is painted like a minecraft creeper :lol:
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby xyl360 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:23 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Sooooooooooo much want for M.P soundwave :KREMZEEK:

Get him, you won't be sorry. I have the Takara version and that mold is just epic.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Ditto everything awesome about Soundwave: They didn't let us down.

Y'know, just yesterday those new Raimakers got us talkin' about Universe vs. CHMS Acidstorm, and I realized that the only reason I like Universe Acid Storm is that despite his failure as a show-accurate Acid Storm, the blue on him makes him a passable "Slaughterhouse": Y'know, the Onslaught-colored Seeker in Five Faces of Darkness that Zobovor named and painted a PVC of for some fan-con. To me, a toy just isn't Acid Storm unless his green can blind the enemy, making him a valuable diversionary tactician, so that camo totally worked against him.

Well, I was gonna' just forget MP Acid Storm until I saw this pic: where he isn't camo, the green's just as blinding as it should be! And where there IS camo, it looks like digital puke! No, I mean that in a good way: now the Autobots will be blinded, AND repulsed, unable to shoot straight on any battlefield where he appears! All he needs is his buddy (casemate?) Soundwave to blare out every cover of "Fly Me to the Moon" used in Evangelion's end credits, and the 'Cons have won through psychological warfare!

I can't wait to get both these guys now!
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Henry921 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Give me a price point and availability already! Tell me where I can preorder that Soundwave, Hasbro!
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Soundwave's gunna cause major butthurt to my wallet...

That Acid Storm is just gorgeous! Loving the digital camo on him, especially!
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Metrosuplex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I feel a sudden shift in the Takara-pre-ordering force... :lol:

Comes with Megatron gun and energon cube accessories?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Super-glad I waited for the Hasbro version! :grin: Now comes the hard part of actually finding one of these in store... Unless TRU.com does a decent job of stocking it. But I'm betting the poachers kill enough of these beasts to put them on the endangered list! :shock:

I ordinarily pass on these MP TF's, but even that Acid Storm is tempting me... =P~
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm excited for Acid Storm & Soundwave. I have Takara Soundwave, but don't want to spend too much on cassettes. This Soundwave will remain in tape deck mode, Takara Soundwave will be rocking the red visor in robot mode, and the minions are a freaking bonus =P~

Acid Storm looks great - still crossing my fingers for a MP-11 style Skywarp, but I know how to bide my time.

The only thing that REALLY irks me is the mistransformed wings - ON THE PACKAGING! ARGGG.

You'd think that for the glamor shots, they'd bring in someone who could actually transform the damn thing. Sheesh. Anyone else annoyed by this??

:HEADHURTS:
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby MenaceRX » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Does that say a July release for Soundwave at TRU on the little tag. Hard to see!
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
MenaceRX wrote:Does that say a July release for Soundwave at TRU on the little tag. Hard to see!

Acid Storm's says "July '13".

It would stand to reason that Soundwave will also see release around the projected date.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Those MP packaging are quite impressive looking. Looking at the awesomeness of SW reminds me of the debacle fans experienced ordering MP Optimus from TRU. I doubt things will run smoother this time around. :P :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
megatronus wrote:The only thing that REALLY irks me is the mistransformed wings - ON THE PACKAGING! ARGGG.

You'd think that for the glamor shots, they'd bring in someone who could actually transform the damn thing. Sheesh. Anyone else annoyed by this??

Hasbro. It's kind of a tradition to have fail product shots all the time, it seems. :lol:

Soundwave looks amazing. Hardly any different from the Takara one, just yellow eyes and the tape cases are clear instead of pink. I actually prefer the tape cases that way, but I'm quite happy with the red visor on my Takara one.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 pm

kirbenvost wrote:
megatronus wrote:The only thing that REALLY irks me is the mistransformed wings - ON THE PACKAGING! ARGGG.

Hasbro. It's kind of a tradition to have fail product shots all the time, it seems. :lol:

Then we have this one:

Yes, this actually happened.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby megatronus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Then we have this one:

Yes, this actually happened.

My virgin eyes!

#-o
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:15 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
so they have the release date but no price point, yeah that means it going to be really expensive(then add 20% cause its TRU). Just have to hope the scalpers cant afford all the Soundwaves cause im going to need some time to get the money for it. And it better not randomly break like my MP Rodimus did, still pissed about that.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:27 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*sighs* No pricepoint? Really? Grr.

I'll preorder it as soon as I can, or if the stores around me get it, I'll drive to go nab it. Oh heck yes, I will. Oh. Yes.

I can't imagine it'll be much more than $120.00 I realize he has all 5 cassettes and all of his Takara accessories, but he certainly doesn't have more plastic than Optimus. While it's true that the accessories and cassettes have complex moving parts, and the trailer is just a couple of fold down panels, basically... I'd have to imagine that the amount of plastic (especially in today's economy and the price of oil), can't be the same as Optimus, or if it is, it's certainly not over his by much.

I know TRU Australia wants $150.00 for it, but they're always more expensive. I can't imagine TRU would do the same here. I mean, Metroplex is $125.00 and he's 2 feet tall. If Soundwave is more than that, something ain't right here.

Oh and as for that release date? I wouldn't bank on that. They don't always come out when promised.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:30 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Autobot032 wrote:I know TRU Australia wants $150.00 for it, but they're always more expensive.

'cause they're wankers.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby REMINATOR » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Weapon: Road Blade
I am very impress with the accessories that will come with Hasbro Soundwave! Early speculation was like we'll lucky if we even get FRumble pile driver. Instead we get the whole 9 yard and even better :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Mkall » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
kirbenvost wrote:

It's not actually Hasbro that takes the pictures, it's their PR company. The same photographer who takes pics of the TFs also does GI Joe, MLP, Marvel-related stuff, Nerf and every other Hasbro product out there. Considering they're probably paid by the hour, they can't afford to fiddle with things to get them right.

Considering that these items we see are often the finalised prototype, shipped without instructions because they haven't been printed yet, I'm surprised that we see as many properly transformed figures that we do.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6

Postby megatronus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Mkall wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

It's not actually Hasbro that takes the pictures, it's their PR company. The same photographer who takes pics of the TFs also does GI Joe, MLP, Marvel-related stuff, Nerf and every other Hasbro product out there. Considering they're probably paid by the hour, they can't afford to fiddle with things to get them right.

Considering that these items we see are often the finalised prototype, shipped without instructions because they haven't been printed yet, I'm surprised that we see as many properly transformed figures that we do.

Mkall, the optimist! :lol:
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Mkall, the honest. I'm betting he's right on this, through and through.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby megatronus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Autobot032 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Mkall, the honest. I'm betting he's right on this, through and through.

I have no doubt Mkall's right. That's generally how things are done. It's more the benefit of the doubt he grants the PR company, and the "I'm surprised that we see as many properly transformed figures that we do" piece to which my optimism comment refers.

Just drives me nuts that they invest in the rebranding of the MPs, spend all this money in new packaging and photography, only to get it wrong. Oy.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I passed on MP Optimus Prime, even though he's still available at TRU.
Because I don't have the space for MPs. And the money to justify it.

But I highly doubt I will pass on MP Soundwave. The boxiness. The cassettes. The gun.
It's all so.. so.. superior.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Va'al wrote:I passed on MP Optimus Prime, even though he's still available at TRU.

Not at my online TRU; the website still has Thundercracker up for grabs (might have to keep that in mind...), but Optimus is long gone.

But I highly doubt I will pass on MP Soundwave. The boxiness. The cassettes. The gun.

You just had to make that joke, didn't you? :lol:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:I passed on MP Optimus Prime, even though he's still available at TRU.

Not at my online TRU; the website still has Thundercracker up for grabs (might have to keep that in mind...), but Optimus is long gone.

There's five of them here at TRU Norwich (UK), in store. £99.99/~$150.

You just had to make that joke, didn't you? :lol:

Dang. You noticed. Image
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON