This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2013 Exclusives Now Available in Club Store

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

BotCon 2013 Exclusives Now Available in Club Store

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusives Now Available in Club Store

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Why would they force one to buy the regular box set in order to get the loose box set? I'd much rather nab the loose set. It may be cheaper due to the looseness, but I'd rather be cheap than have a butthurt wallet.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Mindmaster wrote:Why would they force one to buy the regular box set in order to get the loose box set? I'd much rather nab the loose set. It may be cheaper due to the looseness, but I'd rather be cheap than have a butthurt wallet.

I've just being wondering that myself. How very odd :-?
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby n10zguy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:30 pm

They have done it every year since 2005. The purpose of the loose set is for people who buy the boxset to have a set to display in case they want to keep their boxset figures untouched in the box.
n10zguy
Mini-Con

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
n10zguy wrote:They have done it every year since 2005. The purpose of the loose set is for people who buy the boxset to have a set to display in case they want to keep their boxset figures untouched in the box.

Well, they could have at least had it made available for those who don't want all the extras the box set has.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8

Postby Tranzilla » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Reminds me of the time I tried to purchase a loose 2005 set and was told I couldn't because I hadn't bought a boxed 2005 set. It didn't matter that I had purchased multiple box sets each year from 2007 onward and there were no boxed sets for 2005 available. Not even 3 months later they had cleared out their warehouse and lifted that rule "temporarily".

What get me is what they charge for shipping. $12.50 to ship a BC2013 comic and loose Depthcharge. YIKES!!!!
Tranzilla
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
keep em
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Rated X » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
n10zguy wrote:They have done it every year since 2005. The purpose of the loose set is for people who buy the boxset to have a set to display in case they want to keep their boxset figures untouched in the box.

This rule is retarded and needs to be eliminated. It only encourages hoarding and scalping. It doesn't help encourage new collectors to start collecting. The boxes are not sealed so taking the figures out doesn't hurt the value. Their logic is truly lame.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby datguy86 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I would have loved to get a Megaplex (the rest would be incidental), so an opened version would have been perfect but not at the cost of also buying a boxed set.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I too dislike the "buy the box set before the loose set" rule. What do they do when there are many new customers who want to buy the loose set in the case where the box sets are already long gone?

Remember how the 2005 loose sets just sat unbought on their site for years and years? If there were no boxed sets left to buy yet plenty of folks willing to purchase those shelfwarming loose sets, were they seriously gonna throw away that chance for more business just because their new customers had no boxed set previously or could buy a new one? :BANG_HEAD:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby n10zguy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Mindmaster wrote:

Well, they could have at least had it made available for those who don't want all the extras the box set has.

Well bear in mind that they don't have to offer it to you at all. it's a convention exclusive set. the fact they offer it to people who don't attend is a courtesy. now your saying they aren't being courteous enough to suit your needs. if you aren't happy about it, attend the convention or buy an Iacon package and sell off the pieces you don't want.
n10zguy
Mini-Con

Postby Henry921 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:I too dislike the "buy the box set before the loose set" rule. What do they do when there are many new customers who want to buy the loose set in the case where the box sets are already long gone?

This is the very cause of eBay scalping. The root of the problem.

If they sold the figures loose, more people would buy that than the box set, even one like this years', which has been comparatively unpopular. $270 is much easier to accept than $365.

Wish I'd held my fire on Mirage and Thundercracker. Could've saved a few bucks. Ah well, live and learn.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I too dislike the "buy the box set before the loose set" rule. What do they do when there are many new customers who want to buy the loose set in the case where the box sets are already long gone?

This is the very cause of eBay scalping. The root of the problem.

If they sold the figures loose, more people would buy that than the box set, even one like this years', which has been comparatively unpopular. $270 is much easier to accept than $365.

Wish I'd held my fire on Mirage and Thundercracker. Could've saved a few bucks. Ah well, live and learn.
I would think it wouldn't hurt to let up on the rule a little bit once all the box sets are long gone. If one's only option was the loose sets but missed on the chance to the get a box set, would Fun Pub seriously not want to take that customer's money?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Firepower: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:59 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Yeah, I too have a feeling that once the boxed sets are sold out, the loose sets will no longer be limited to boxed set customers only. They won't want to hang on to those things forever. I wonder how many pieces of each set (including the still available attendee add-ons) they've got left.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Spleenzorio » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mindmaster wrote: It may be cheaper due to the looseness, but I'd rather be cheap than have a butthurt wallet.

Sorry I had to :KREMZEEK:
Spleenzorio
Fuzor
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby MenaceRX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

I just don't see it, the cost vs quality of this years are just plain bad imo. You want how much for them, no way would rather buy some better molds or MP figures then waste my money on those.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby Savage » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Hurray! Got my Electro/Sandstorm ordered! My neoG2 shelf is abuzz with antici.........pation ;)
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #285 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210467 285RI Anderson"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0124IM260 305C (CA)Walker"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON