This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Blu-ray, DVD and On-Air Discussion

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Offical Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising blu-ray/DVD press release

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
MGrotusque wrote:One thing i've noticed. THERE"S NO PREDICONS in this entire season so far. WTF is that about?
Beast hunting my ass....
Yeah, cuz Predaking totally doesn't count. :roll:

The hunting aspect was involved with the Predacon bones.

But, we'll get more Preds in the movie:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Offical Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising blu-ray/DVD press release

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:03 am

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
MGrotusque wrote:One thing i've noticed. THERE"S NO PREDICONS in this entire season so far. WTF is that about?
Beast hunting my ass....

I guess this guy doesn't count?

VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
News Credits: 25
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby MGrotusque » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am

Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.

@ Saberblade.....thanks for the clip. In context of the video i think it's too little too late but i hope it showcases the beasties and mix's it up a bit before it's all over.
Last edited by MGrotusque on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:27 am

MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.
What "beast apocalypse" does the title refer to, exactly?

All I can see from the title is that it refers to hunting something beast-related, which the fossilized remains of the Predacons most definitely were.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 am

MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.

Wheeljack killed a few Predacons in Evolution, definitely not all of them but a few for sure.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby MGrotusque » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:

All I can see from the title is that it refers to hunting something beast-related, which the fossilized remains of the Predacons most definitely were.

Valid point viewed semantically but it doesn't correlate with the toyline getting figures retooled and powered up in ready for a Predacon uprising along with a show highlighting a complete new threat/breed of Cybertronians that,implied, will overthrow the status quo of the war as we know it.
MGrotusque
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:10 am

MGrotusque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Valid point viewed semantically but it doesn't correlate with the toyline getting figures retooled and powered up in ready for a Predacon uprising along with a show highlighting a complete new threat/breed of Cybertronians that,implied, will overthrow the status quo of the war as we know it.
Is it not obvious that the show and toyline are operating under very different mindsets? The toyline has its own storyline separate from the show, while the show is trying to finish the story it's been trying to tell since the beginning. The two share the same name for formalities and for brand uniformity.

The show even has its own creative vision for Predaking that differs from that of the toyline. In the toy bios, Predaking is a monstrous tyrant bent on death and destruction. In the show, however, he's noble and compassionate, yet still fearsome, but almost nothing like his toy counterpart. Ergo, the toyline needn't be used to predict what the cartoon should be about when the cartoon doesn't necessarily need to strictly adhere to it.

And, as stated before, we ARE getting more Preds in the movie. The makers have looked on the boards and saw that we want more Preds in TF: Prime, so they made the movie to do just that and more.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MGrotusque » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:41 am

You are correct. To use the toy line as a compass to gauge where the fictional story arc progresses is folly on my part. I concede defeat in that logic.

I also acknowledged your clip form the movie you posted. In that regard, I believe that the Predacon threat should have been fast tracked instead of it creeping in on the tail end of the final season.

That there is the crux of my argument. The beasty contingent should have been more aggressive from a protagonist stand point earlier on instead of being such a late comer to the party. I was lookin forward to some mayhem.
Late is better than never i guess eh?
MGrotusque
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:41 am

MGrotusque wrote:You are correct. To use the toy line as a compass to gauge where the fictional story arc progresses is folly on my part. I concede defeat in that logic.
Same could be said of other toylines. Imagine just how ticked off fans of Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and RiD would have been had they expected all of their toylines' characters to appear in their shows. :lol:

MGrotusque wrote:I also acknowledged your clip form the movie you posted. In that regard, I believe that the Predacon threat should have been fast tracked instead of it creeping in on the tail end of the final season.

That there is the crux of my argument. The beasty contingent should have been more aggressive from a protagonist stand point earlier on instead of being such a late comer to the party. I was lookin forward to some mayhem.
Late is better than never i guess eh?
Further evidence that the beast addition came as a very late decision in the game, probably mandated by Hasbro to justify a new toy gimmick/theme.

Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Speaking of Go I hope that Hasbro doesn't make a dub of it, I can barely stand it, I am only watching it because it may have something to do with the Aligned Continuity
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm

viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Speaking of Go I hope that Hasbro doesn't make a dub of it, I can barely stand it, I am only watching it because it may have something to do with the Aligned Continuity
At least we finally got a very good subtitle track for it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby njb902 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Is go really that bad?
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:

At least we finally got a very good subtitle track for it.

I will give you that, it's better then some of the Prime subs I've seen (them being 5 seconds behind.)

njb902 wrote:Is go really that bad?

I don't like it at all, to me it's barely watchable, not sure about anyone else is opinions.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:17 pm

I think it's fun. Fast-paced, lots of action, straight to the point, no filler scenes.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
I think it's fun. Fast-paced, lots of action, straight to the point, no filler scenes.

I will give it points for that, that is probably the thing that makes it watchable for me, a small thing that I don't like is how Optimus' mouth doesn't move when he talks. I think I may have stretched it by saying it barely watchable, it's watchable but not dub worthy.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 pm

viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I will give it points for that, that is probably the thing that makes it watchable for me, a small thing that I don't like is how Optimus' mouth doesn't move when he talks. I think I may have stretched it by saying it barely watchable, it's watchable but not dub worthy.
I didn't let the lack of facial movement bother because it's a short, low budget, pack-in bonus that comes with a magazine. Now, if it had been a full-blown, 22-minute ongoing TV anime series, then I'd start condemning it for such a cheap move.

But as it is, the faces remind me of costumed Tokusatsu characters whose similarly also lack facial movement. so in a way, it's kind of like an animated Toku. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I didn't let the lack of facial movement bother because it's a short, low budget, pack-in bonus that comes with a magazine. Now, if it had been a full-blown, 22-minute ongoing TV anime series, then I'd start condemning it for such a cheap move.

But as it is, the faces remind me of costumed Tokusatsu characters whose similarly also lack facial movement. so in a way, it's kind of like an animated Toku. ;)

Fair enough when are they releasing the episodes? every month?
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:39 pm

viruscarnage wrote:Fair enough when are they releasing the episodes? every month?
I think so.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:Fair enough when are they releasing the episodes? every month?
I think so.

Okay thanks :)
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby stevescustoms » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Does anyone know when this is going to air on TV?
stevescustoms
Mini-Con

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
stevescustoms wrote:Does anyone know when this is going to air on TV?

Around late August or early October. Those are just guesses, though.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Fall 2013.

Hi Steve. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm

It's said to be aired on TV Fall 2013, but the Blu Ray is listed on Amazon to be released October 1st. One can assume it will be aired on the Hub Network late August to early September.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Amazon now has updated its listing for the Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-Ray sets with cover art. The art on both formats is the same with Optimus Prime facing off against Predaking. There is a release date of October 1st for the Blu-Ray and October 8th for the DVD.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October

Postby triKlops » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
I have been looking forward to getting my hands on this set,
However can anyone confirm or deny this is the season 3 as well as the mini movie?
From the price point, it seems to be but nothing else to confirm this by.
Anyone have any other info?

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #3 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #47 sub IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Roche"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210547 1B (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 220622A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #1 sub IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Sengaus"
Transformers ROBOT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON