This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: BotCon and Collectors' Club Exclusives

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

New Galleries: BotCon and Collectors' Club Exclusives

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
TFSS figures have begun their long trek to your front door, as we first reported here.

By now, you all know that the first figure is Scourge. (A redeco of Generations G2 Optimus Prime) While the end result has left mixed emotions among collectors/customers, what with some specimens being the picture of perfection and others most decidedly not, it's still a highly sought after figure.

Seibertron has received his and made an in depth gallery of this polarizing item, which you can see in full by clicking any of the pictures below. We've provided a few glamour shots to give you just a taste and get you started.

Convention & Club Exclusives Scourge

As mentioned above, Scourge is shipping now, and the rest are coming in due time. Can't wait to get the figure, gotta know more? Check out the gallery, feel free to join the discussion and give us your thoughts and comments.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, and the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: TFSS Figures Now Shipping - First Figure Revealed

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
So Seibertron, after all the wait and renewals, was this figure worth all of it? because i think the figure looks good, but personally, i'm not sure i'd go through all that. :-?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: TFSS Figures Now Shipping - First Figure Revealed

Postby grimdragon2001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
nice gallery for Scourge, but do you think you can get some shots of him with Botcon Skybyte and TFCC Sideburn. Be nice to get a pic of all the "Classics RID" figures together
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

New Club Subscription Galleries

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Seibertron.com is proud to present the all inclusive gallery with 127 images for the second Transformers Collectors' Club subscription figure Slipstream. If you missed it you can check out the gallery for the first figure Scourge as well. One of the few and far between female Transformers and the subject of many customs, this is the first official Slipstream toy. She is a redeco of Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream with a new head. Click on through to enjoy the gallery.

Convention & Club Exclusives Slipstream

Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: New Club Subscription Gallery: Deluxe Slipstream

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That's weird. As Starscream, the mold looks feminine, and as Slipstream, it's too masculine.

To be fair, the head sculpt isn't really helping. Maybe getting a Shapeways head from TecromDesigns might improve it.

Just my two cents' worth. >:oP
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

So Seibertron, in your opinion, do you think this figure works better as a representation of a timelines/allighned Slipstream or Prime Starscream? Also femininity, do you think this mold in general works for a woman?

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:That's weird. As Starscream, the mold looks feminine, and as Slipstream, it's too masculine.

To be fair, the head sculpt isn't really helping. Maybe getting a Shapeways head from TecromDesigns might improve it.

I think the problem is that the chest is too large in relation to the hips. The upper half looks masculine while the lower half looks feminine.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm

RiddlerJ wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:That's weird. As Starscream, the mold looks feminine, and as Slipstream, it's too masculine.

I think the problem is that the chest is too large in relation to the hips. The upper half looks masculine while the lower half looks feminine.

You're right! The shoulders should also be a little narrower.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Hey Seibertron, I think you should have included a shot of voyager Starscream holding Slipstream rather than the deluxe. But great work there none the less! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:To be fair, the head sculpt isn't really helping. Maybe getting a Shapeways head from TecromDesigns might improve it.

The head looks much MUCH better in hand in person. That close up pic above doesn't quite capture her good side (no offense, Ryan ;;) ). ;)

SW's SilverHammer wrote:So Seibertron, in your opinion, do you think this figure works better as a representation of a timelines/allighned Slipstream or Prime Starscream?
"Aligned Slipstream" is the same thing as "Prime Slipstream".

RiddlerJ wrote:I think the problem is that the chest is too large in relation to the hips. The upper half looks masculine while the lower half looks feminine.
There is a way to (mis)transform her so that her chest is straightened and not hunched forward, but it's a bit of an extra tight fit and it might not be wise to do this for too prolonged a period of time.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:So Seibertron, in your opinion, do you think this figure works better as a representation of a timelines/allighned Slipstream or Prime Starscream?

Sorry i screwed up, i was kinda out out of it, anyhow what i meant to say is: does mold work better as the Timelines/aligned Slipstream or transformers Prime/aligned Starscream

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:20 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Sorry i screwed up, i was kinda out out of it, anyhow what i meant to say is: does mold work better as the Timelines/aligned Slipstream or transformers Prime/aligned Starscream
Ah, that makes sense.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 am

Seeing as how "female" Transformers don't have to deliver babies vaginally, I don't see why they should have wider hips, like human females.

It's 2013, people. A figure, ESPECIALLY A ROBOT, doesn't need to have Barbie Doll proportions to represent a female character.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 am

GuyIncognito wrote:It's 2013, people. A figure, ESPECIALLY A ROBOT, doesn't need to have Barbie Doll proportions to represent a female character.
Right, of course not.

Today, Monster High doll proportions would be way cooler.

In fact, I think that's why Slipstream's bulbous, ridged cranium works once you actually have her in hand. I look forward to someone taking a crack at a replacement head, but only because I still really want a proper Animated Slipstream. Even if that never happens, this figure turned out fine.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
The new head isn't horrible, it's just not a very feminine figure to me (though I agree that's an odd statement to make since TFP Starscream's body seems effeminate to me). If the head looked more like her bio card head, then I'd be much happier. It's not. I knew going into it that this was one of the Subscription figures I was looking forward to the least, so on to the next one. Breakdown and Ultra Mammoth are the ones to which I'm looking most forward.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:Seeing as how "female" Transformers don't have to deliver babies vaginally, I don't see why they should have wider hips, like human females.

It's 2013, people. A figure, ESPECIALLY A ROBOT, doesn't need to have Barbie Doll proportions to represent a female character.

With all due respect to you Guy, if one has to start down that road, then there's really no point in having gender in robots in the first place. Transformers isn't exactly the most well thought-out piece of fiction, and sometimes you just have to go with the obvious. If Slipstream is supposed to be a humanoid female robot, then she'll need to have humanoid female proportions.

She doesn't need Barbie proportions per se, but a recognizable female physique would serve it better, like FE Arcee. By human standards, FE Arcee would have a rather athletic physique, but is still recognizably female to the human eye. Even if you photoshopped away her chest area and made it flat as a board, she'd still look female.

The truth is, unlike Arcee, Slipstream is a retool of a toy that was designed in the image of a gaunt, somewhat bird-like male TF. Had she been designed from the ground up as a female TF, I'm pretty sure she would have different proportions--again, NOT necessarily Barbie-like, but recognizably feminine. That certainly seems to be the case with TFA and PRID Arcee.

I'm not bashing the figure in any way. All I'm saying is that had she been designed as her own toy, she'd have had more suitable proportions for her gender.

Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:To be fair, the head sculpt isn't really helping. Maybe getting a Shapeways head from TecromDesigns might improve it.

The head looks much MUCH better in hand in person. That close up pic above doesn't quite capture her good side (no offense, Ryan ;;) ). ;)

I couldn't find any other pics of the toy in Google, but I guess you're right--it does look somewhat better in the pic below the closeup.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:With all due respect to you Guy, if one has to start down that road, then there's really no point in having gender in robots in the first place.
To be fair, Transformers did actually start off that way, with the robots having no gender. Bob Budiansky wrote the original character bios and the Marvel Comics with that very mindset, but the cartoon kinda went with its own thing and introduced genders with the female Autobots in "The Search for Alpha Trion" and Arcee in the movie. Since the cartoon became more widespread than the comics did, it wound up setting the mold of TF genders more than the comics did. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:With all due respect to you Guy, if one has to start down that road, then there's really no point in having gender in robots in the first place.
To be fair, Transformers did actually start off that way, with the robots having no gender. Bob Budiansky wrote the original character bios and the Marvel Comics with that very mindset, but the cartoon kinda went with its own thing and introduced genders with the female Autobots in "The Search for Alpha Trion" and Arcee in the movie. Since the cartoon became more widespread than the comics did, it wound up setting the mold of TF genders more than the comics did. ;)

My point exactly...sort of. :D

Anyways, thanks for the info. Interesting--I never knew it was the cartoon that started the whole female bot thing.

All hail the human incarnation of tfwiki itself. :BOWDOWN:
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 pm

So real quick sabrblade, are Bob's notes about ratchet here for the cartoon or comic?

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Huh, interesting. Best guess is that he must have wrote that before deciding upon the no gender rule.

In this interview, he notes that Hasbro had spelled out a "no girl robots" rule that must have led to his treating the characters without gender:
One of the things I liked a lot about the Marvel series, it focused a lot on the fact that these characters were, though living, they were actually ROBOTS and there were reasons for their existence and how they came about. This is the ONE part of the Transformers continuity where they don't have (not without a good explanation) "female" Transformers. What are your thoughts on female Transformers and do you think there's room to explore that dichotomy in the Transformers mythology?

BOB: Well, I remember bringing up that question early on with Hasbro, "are any of these female?" And then I think Hasbro's attitude was, 'this is a boy toy. We don't wanna have, you know, girl robots.' So, I said, "OK, just want to clarify that." Then of course, I think it was in 1986 they came out with the movie, and they had the token female character. Don't ask me to explain it. (laughs) I don't understand it. I think what I came up with was Creation Matrix, however that worked out explaining their existence, their 'livingness' was asexual. There was no female, there was no male, there was no need for them having different sexes. So, I just left it at that and what other people have done beyond that, I don't know. I was just… you know, like I said, I early on brought this question up and I was given a certain direction by the Hasbro executives I was dealing with and I went with it. It's their toy, so if that's what they want, that's fine with me. Now, if somebody wants to change their mind and says, 'oh yeah, there should be a whole other bunch of female Transformers,' then again, it's not my toy, they can do that.

There's also this:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm

It's kinda odd though that a one paragraph note, of a concept, brings up gender roles and the dichotomy between male and female transformers.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:It's kinda odd though that a one paragraph note, of a concept, brings up gender roles and the dichotomy between male and female transformers.
In the words of BW Megatron, oh. we simply have a thing for intelligent conversation. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:It's kinda odd though that a one paragraph note, of a concept, brings up gender roles and the dichotomy between male and female transformers.
In the words of BW Megatron, oh. we simply have a thing for intelligent conversation. :P

I think we have a nice "back an forth", even when we have our disagreements *cough botcon 2013* :P

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Seibertron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:Huh, interesting. Best guess is that he must have wrote that before deciding upon the no gender rule.

In this interview, he notes that Hasbro had spelled out a "no girl robots" rule that must have led to his treating the characters without gender:
One of the things I liked a lot about the Marvel series, it focused a lot on the fact that these characters were, though living, they were actually ROBOTS and there were reasons for their existence and how they came about. This is the ONE part of the Transformers continuity where they don't have (not without a good explanation) "female" Transformers. What are your thoughts on female Transformers and do you think there's room to explore that dichotomy in the Transformers mythology?

BOB: Well, I remember bringing up that question early on with Hasbro, "are any of these female?" And then I think Hasbro's attitude was, 'this is a boy toy. We don't wanna have, you know, girl robots.' So, I said, "OK, just want to clarify that." Then of course, I think it was in 1986 they came out with the movie, and they had the token female character. Don't ask me to explain it. (laughs) I don't understand it. I think what I came up with was Creation Matrix, however that worked out explaining their existence, their 'livingness' was asexual. There was no female, there was no male, there was no need for them having different sexes. So, I just left it at that and what other people have done beyond that, I don't know. I was just… you know, like I said, I early on brought this question up and I was given a certain direction by the Hasbro executives I was dealing with and I went with it. It's their toy, so if that's what they want, that's fine with me. Now, if somebody wants to change their mind and says, 'oh yeah, there should be a whole other bunch of female Transformers,' then again, it's not my toy, they can do that.

There's also this:

Except none of this really works when you think about the lead time for developing the 1986 film. Isn't there usually a 1.5 to 2.5 year process of getting an animated movie made? It's mind boggling to think about how early on that the process of the animated movie, including Arcee, had begun which means you ought to toss out all of those rules about no genders just like Autobots are cars and Decepticons are jets/military vehicles nonsense.

"Rules are meant to be broken." They're just guidelines. In the case of a fictional universe like Transformers, just initial thoughts until something better comes along that throws a curveball to everything that came before it (i.e. Aerialbots, Stunticons, Jetfire, Constructicons, female Transformers, etc).

With the exception of Strika, female Transformers ought to have the female look pretty well covered or else it's just a female persona attached to a male body which is a whole other conversation.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Seibertron wrote:Except none of this really works when you think about the lead time for developing the 1986 film. Isn't there usually a 1.5 to 2.5 year process of getting an animated movie made? It's mind boggling to think about how early on that the process of the animated movie, including Arcee, had begun which means you ought to toss out all of those rules about no genders just like Autobots are cars and Decepticons are jets/military vehicles nonsense.
Well, they were working on the basic Marvel stuff as early as '83, so that's some time to plan that stuff out. Though, I don't think they would have been planning the movie as early as '84 since the cartoon had only just come out September of that year. Wouldn't they have had to see how well the show would perform before deciding to do a major motion picture?

And, besides, the cartoon and comic were operating mostly independently of each other. While Budiansky and Furman would keep genders and fembots mostly out of the comic (barring Furman's use of Arcee in the UK version), the cartoon pretty much ignored any adherence to what the comics were doing and did what it wanted to, which evidently was to bring in fembots. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON