This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Target Australia to haveToy Sale

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Target Australia to haveToy Sale

Postby Hotrod » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:23 am

Our own Burn has brought us news of yet another toy sale in Australia. This latest one will take place at Target begining July 19th. Target will allow extended lay-buys up to Christmas Eve. For all the latest Transformers toy news includeing sales, check out the Seibertron.com Toy Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Bumbled » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:04 am

Can't wait that long :sad:

School opens then...
Bumbled
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:44 pm

Its odd that Target waits until the School Holidays are over. Then again they aren't competing with Kmart, Myer and Big W, so its probably a clever move.
Cant imagine them being cheaper than Big W, but it might mean new waves of figures will be available.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Bumbled » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:47 pm

That really sucks how they have Toy Sales but it is just take down the price they hardly get anything new :-(
Bumbled
Godmaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Should be coming here soon then!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Bumbled » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Hopefully it will :D
Bumbled
Godmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:05 pm

http://www.target.com.au/abouttarget/toy_sale/nav/toy_cat.htm

The prices for the catalogue will go up at 5pm this afternoon(Friday July 13th).

Target Penrith had draft prices up on a board just inside the store, and sadly, there is nothing truly great in this toy sale at all.

Deluxes will be on sale for $20, the walkie talkies for about $40, the Leader Class for about $70, and Blasters for about $50. The Pinball Machine will be on sale for $15

The robot heroes 2 packs will be on sale for $13-$14, which is higher than they are being sold normally at TRU and Kmart.

All these prices are subject to change though, and hopefully some of them do.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby nintendofreakgcn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Personally, I'm interested in the ultra-extended lay-buy, since I hardly have any money at the moment. That said, I've never used lay-buy before, so I'm not exactly sure how it works. Target's website isn't helpful on this, either. Would someone be able to explain to me how lay-buy works, possibly with specifics for Target? Thanks for any help you can give.
nintendofreakgcn
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:33 am

Heres what the catalogue prices are:
Optimus Prime Transforming Learning PC - $99 (save $50)
Optimus Prime Portable Learning PC - $49.99
Roleplay Blasters $44.99
Helmet $59.99
Robot Heroes $15.99
Deluxe $19.99
Pinball $14.99
Cyber Slammers $11.99
Cyber Stompin' $34.99
Scouts $13.99
FAB's $19.99
Optimus 2-pack $39.99
Walkie Talkies $39.99
Beamers $39.99
Puzzles $6.39
Boys bike $99
Bubble Bath $8.79
Books all a few dollars below RRP

As for Lay-by, you grab what you want, stand for ages in the Lay-by line, eventually get served, the Person at the Lay-by counter will scan and take your stuff, and put it out the back for you.
You get a receipt, and you take that with you, and slowly pay it off, bit by bit, when it is all paid off, you can collect your items again.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby voice of hoist » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am

Cheap deluxes, that makes this one better than the kmart sale (for me anyway).
voice of hoist
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:09 pm

voice of hoist wrote:Cheap deluxes, that makes this one better than the kmart sale (for me anyway).

Its the same price the Deluxes have been sold at in the Big W toy sale, and the first Kmart Transformers sale.
Bad thing is, after the sales, Target and Kmart's prices for deluxes go back to near $30, while Big W's only go back to $24, such a large difference.

Target Toy Sale Starts in many stores at 12.01am on Thursday Morning, so dont be surprised if they are a little understocked by Thursday evening. I just hope that they restock their shelves with the newer waves of figures, (or at all) I want another 08 Bumblebee.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby nintendofreakgcn » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:18 am

Hmm, it seems that Target won't be allowing you to put on-sale items on lay-by. Makes sense when you think about it, but I obviously wasn't thinking about it.

That said, there's still an item or two I might put on lay-by, but the value of the sale has gone down in my eyes. Curse my puny funds!
nintendofreakgcn
Micromaster

Postby spiritofcat » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:55 am

That $15.99 for Robot heroes is for two packs of wave two taped together with 'Value Pack' tape.
I saw them today and almost bought both sets for $19.99 before I remembered that there's a sale starting Thursday.
They had heaps of them at Warringah Mall Target today. Heaps of everything really, but no Deluxes...
spiritofcat
Combiner

Postby nintendofreakgcn » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:00 am

Yeah, I'll probably pick up the value pack I saw containing Bumblebee, Soundwave, Jazz and Thundercracker (I think it was Thundercracker, may have been someone else). Rounding up that much money shouldn't be a huge problem.
nintendofreakgcn
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:43 pm

nintendofreakgcn wrote:Hmm, it seems that Target won't be allowing you to put on-sale items on lay-by. Makes sense when you think about it, but I obviously wasn't thinking about it.

That said, there's still an item or two I might put on lay-by, but the value of the sale has gone down in my eyes. Curse my puny funds!

Hang on a second... are you talking about Target not letting you put items that will be on sale shortly on lay-by now?
Or that they wont let you put things on sale on Lay-buy during the sale?

The former I can kind of understand, the latter, would be ridiculous! :P Some of the things they are flogging off in the sale are $600!!! imagine having to fork out that much in 1 week, not to mention hiding the thing until Christmas!

Lucky I dont lay buy much myself...
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby nintendofreakgcn » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:14 pm

It does seem to be the latter. That said, I only saw this sign at one Target store yesterday (I checked another one a few days before, and they didn't have it).

I'll check it out when the sale starts. It seems to be the easiest way to do it.

Hey, either way, I'll probably get something in some form, so it's all good.
nintendofreakgcn
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Well the sale starts in just over 13 hours.

I didnt relaise that the Robot Heroes were coming double packed, I sure hope I can find Jazz vs. Thundercracker and Unicron vs. Prime taped together, I have the other two packs.

Im sure there will be laybuy available, probably just a mix up, laybuy is the main reason these sales do so very very well.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby nintendofreakgcn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 pm

The Robot Heroes value packs that I saw were:

Bumblebee vs. Soundwave and Jazz vs. Thundercracker
Ultra Magnus vs. Megatron and "You've got the touch!" Optimus Prime vs. Unicron (which raises the question of why that's an Optimus Prime and not a Rodimus Prime, but that's another matter)

Unfortunately, I couldn't see any value packs putting together Jazz vs. Thundercracker and Optimus Prime vs. Unicron. Still, it looks to me like those packs were just taped together by Target staff, so if you ask nicely, they might be willing to do a bit of switching around for you.

As for Lay-by, I'll just check it out at the store tomorrow. Hey, even if they're not doing it for sale items, I could always put a Voyager or two on Lay-by. I've only seen one Voyage Ironhide in real life, and it's in a Target store (was still sitting there on Monday), so that's definitely worth considering.
nintendofreakgcn
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Went to Mt Druitt, St Mary's and Penrith Targets last night.

I am appalled at the "sale". Its a dead set joke.

The only items all 3 stores had plenty of were:
- Portable Learning PC
- Voice Changer helmets (most were the non Cullen ones)
- Beamers (which are seriously over priced)
- Walkie Talkies
- Barrel Roll Blaster

Mt Druitt was the best of the 3, at least they had some Voyager, Real Gear, Scout and Cyber Slammer figures. No Leader Class figures though. They also had Cybertron stock not on sale. They had the Caribiners set, for $40. :shock:

St Mary's was the only store that had a few Cyber Stompers, a few Bonecrusher and Swindle deluxes, no scouts, no Slammers, a few Voyager Starscream/Ratchets, alot of puzzles and some costumes. They also had Supreme Starscream...from the Cybertron line (not on sale).

I arrived at the Penrith Store at 10pm, they were restocking the shelves, they put 8 Deluxe figures on the shelf (I am being literal here). 3 Bonecrushers, 2 swindles, a Classic Camaro, Jazz and Barricade. They had a Voyager Starscream, a dozen Leader Megatron's, and heaps of costumes (including Bumblebee). No Cyber Stompers, no Slammers, a few scouts, a FAB Brawl, no real gear, nor Caribiners. They did have a good selection of books though, including the sound ones.

Overall, I am extremely underwhelmed, not surprised though. The "sale" items are not that great, the Caribiners are $40, as are the Beamers (if you got both for $40, it would be a good deal), Most of the helmets I tested were not the Cullen helmets, so be careful.
The staff were very unhelpful, they seemed to have no idea about what was going on, the staff at Penrith were even moving stock around, they had not finished in time before the sale began. The in store scanners were all broken, shelves were empty, price tags were sitting in piles on trolley's, in all stores, instead of being placed on the shelves.

Overall Big W has had the best sale of the lot. Target isn't even going to get close.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 pm

Target Chatswood NSW was cram packed full of stuff, including a dozen (now 11) 08 Bumblebee's.

They didnt have any Voyagers, and had only a few FAB's but were otherwise filled to the rafters.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721B"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 231208Z"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON