This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

“Megatron” Nike Air Trainer SC II

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

“Megatron” Nike Air Trainer SC II

Postby El Duque » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Detroit Lions' Calvin "Megatron" Johnson has yet another piece of Transformers inspired apparel coming out later this month. The Nike Air Trainer SC II Premium QS comes complete with Decepticon logos and circuit board patterns. Check out the images courtesy of Sneaker News mirrored below.

Nike Air Trainer SC II Premium QS
Color: Anthracite/Black-Challenge Red-Court Purple
Style Code: 637804-001
Release Date: 11/26/13
Price: $130

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: “Megatron” Nike Air Trainer SC II

Postby Rated X » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Those are cool. But I'm not paying over 300 bucks for some shoes. Miami is full of shoe scalpers who wait in front of malls at 5:30 AM to buy limited edition sneakers and flip them on e-bay.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby tfparodies » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:20 am

They should be made of die cast metal that tarnish easily.
tfparodies
Micromaster
Watch tfparodies on YouTube

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:03 am

must... have... :-B

those are sweet
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby AutoBorst » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 am

Rated X wrote:Those are cool. But I'm not paying over 300 bucks for some shoes. Miami is full of shoe scalpers who wait in front of malls at 5:30 AM to buy limited edition sneakers and flip them on e-bay.

Where are you getting $300.00 from? These shoes are $130.00 per pair.
AutoBorst
Minibot

Postby MagnetarPrime » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
I remember not too long ago nike's website had this option on that would allow you to customize your own shoes and pick the color for every single part, and I remember I made one that had Tripticon colors but it came up to almost $300 and off course it did not have any Decepticon insignia,,
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby MagnetarPrime » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
I remember not too long ago Nike's website had this option on that would allow you to customize your own shoes and choose the color for every single part, and I remember I made one that had Tripticon colors but it came up to almost $275 and off course it did not have any Decepticon insignia,,
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Courage: 10

Postby Flashwave » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
So, a transfomer painted like a shoe, with littels hoe feet, and now shoes painted like a transformer. Gee, if only TakTom had the designs ((That they'd share)) for a transforming shoe figure...
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AutoBorst wrote:
Rated X wrote:Those are cool. But I'm not paying over 300 bucks for some shoes. Miami is full of shoe scalpers who wait in front of malls at 5:30 AM to buy limited edition sneakers and flip them on e-bay.

Where are you getting $300.00 from? These shoes are $130.00 per pair.

I live in Miami where urban shoe culture is big business. Scalpers camp out at malls and buy Limited Edition sneakers in any size they can find, then they flip them on e-bay for double or even triple the price. I got friends who are into Jordans, Lebrons, etc. Half of the time, they can never find the hot stuff at retail prices. Im sure there are some less urban areas in middle America where limited edition sneakers are shelf warmers, but not Miami.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby SJ21 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The shoe aftermarket is ridiculous. I worked for Footlocker for years and it would drive me nuts when people would scalp shoes when a new one was released.

Why does a Megatron themed shoe have so much red on it?
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Kinda want these.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

“Megatron Rises” Nike Air CJ81 Trainer and Action Figure - Press Release

Postby Va'al » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
NikeInc.com have uploade a press release to describe the recently shown Nike Air Megatron Trainer, and the Calvin Johnson Jr Megatron action figure by Hasbro, based on the Generations IDW Deluxe Megatron toy. Check out what they have to say below, including an extensive promotional gallery of the two items!

Nike Football champions the TRANSFORMERS “More Than Meets the Eye” qualities of Calvin Johnson, Jr. by teaming up with Hasbro on the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max. As a special addition, the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max is sold with a first ever Hasbro TRANSFORMERS action figure designed for an athlete in conjunction with a shoe release.

Calvin Johnson, Jr. has redefined the wide-receiver position and become an un-guardable force with a powerful nickname - MEGATRON. Like the fictional TRANSFORMERS DECEPTICON leader, Johnson taps into his superhuman-like skills to push the limits of his position, and the game, in a relentless quest for dominance.

Designed to amplify Johnson’s powerhouse athletic ability when training in the gym and on the turf, the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max features adaptive traction, lockdown support, and Max Air cushioning. In true MEGATRON form, all core attributes of the shoe are energized in a design that marries Johnson’s on-field persona with his human side.

The Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer’s purple upper gives the shoe a robotic, armored look, while the red accents refer back to the secondary color of the action figure. Under the forefoot strap, Johnson’s favorite MEGATRON quote, “Show no mercy,” appears. It’s a reminder of the athletic mindset needed to succeed at the highest level, and the perseverance required to rise to the top. The metallic silver heel of the trainer carries a classic TRANSFORMERS grid pattern as well as a bold, iconic DECEPTICON logo at center.

Produced in collaboration with Hasbro, the 5-inch purple and red TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON action figure inspired by Calvin Johnson mirrors the cues of his signature Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max. The distinctive red cruciform pattern found on the toebox and upper of the trainer are utilized on the arms and feet of the figure. Johnson’s signature appears alongside the iconic DECEPTICON shield on MEGATRON’S chest. In robot mode, the MEGATRON figure is designed to be broad yet agile, and the iconic “wing” jet conversion is meant to mirror Johnson’s speed and power.

Complementing the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max, the Megatron Nike Air Trainer SC II draws more muted inspiration from the TRANSFORMERS character. A tonal, reflective circuitry board pattern is featured on the medial and lateral quarter panels, and like the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max, the DECEPTICON logo appears welded at the heel. Premium Nubuck is used at the overlays, and a glow-in-the-dark outrigger punctuates the sole tooling. The final TRANSFORMERS inspired flourish is a removable strap across the upper.

In further celebration of Johnson’s athletic achievements, the limited edition Megatron Rises 3-Pack incorporates the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max, the Megatron Nike Air Trainer SC II, and a special edition Nike CJ81 Megatron Elite TD Cleat. Inspired by the ALLSPARK from TRANSFORMERS lore, the box of the Megatron Rises 3-Pack is a unique, converting cube-shaped design. Decorated entirely with original artwork, the lines of the box mimic robotic surfaces and are augmented by triangles, hash marks, x’s, and o’s in reference to the football field and offensive passing plays. The effect is, like Calvin Johnson, “More Than Meets The Eye” - a package that opens to reveal all three shoes and the Hasbro action figure.

Exclusive to the Megatron Rises 3-Pack, The Nike CJ81 Megatron Elite TD shares the same MEGATRON-inspired design as the Nike CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max and celebrates Johnson’s true dominance of the receiver position. The cleat combines natural motion with superior lockdown to allow Johnson’s full athletic ability to flourish.

In honor of Johnson’s number, 81 Megatron Rises Packs will release exclusively at 21 Mercer in NYC, select Nike Yardline doors, and Nike.com. The CJ81 Megatron Trainer Max and the Megatron Nike Air Trainer SC II will be available at select Nike retail locations and online at nike.com.

MEGATRON is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2013 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I knew this figure would come with the shoes. And man, those shoes may be tacky as hell, but they still appeal to me.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I would rather have a linkin park soundwave. Ugly shoes and an ugly toy

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Woulda bought them if they were Cortez, or Jordans.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby ClockWorkMecha » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, reload."
Weapon: High-Energy Photon Pulse Cannons
Not only no, but HELL NO.
ClockWorkMecha
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Madness. This 3 pack and the accompanying figure are going to go down as one of the rarest TF releases in history.

The sneaker-looking one is actually pretty cool, but I wouldn't touch the other two.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Welp, guess I'm not getting the Megatron. I want it, but I can't justify spending as much as they'll end up charging for shoes(not even 3 pairs) that I'll never wear anyway(mostly cause I don't wear closed toe shoes unless I have to).
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby dedcat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
It's an ugly repainted Megatron in Galvatron colors.

It's a hideous shoe designed by a 5 year old on a sugar binge.

And it's also a WHOLE LOT of work. If you want one of these first - you're gona earn it!

From the facebook page:

The ultimate Megatron Pack has crash landed somewhere in NYC and it's on you to find it
On 11/21, at 9am, @NikeNYC will post the coordinates to the first location. Find that location, and your journey begins.

There will be a total of 4 locations, with a poster at each. Collect 4 posters to piece together a phone number. Call the complete number to reveal the password and the final location of the Megatron Pack.

Be the first person to show up at the final location with all 4 posters + the password and you'll earn this limited release.

In the pack:

The CJ Trainer
The CJ81 Elite Cleat
The SC Trainer II
Megatron figurine

Official Rules: http://gonike.me/megatronhunt
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Looks like the set is retail valued at $500(from the flier).
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby dedcat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
Midnight_Fox wrote:Looks like the set is retail valued at $500(from the flier).

The 'runner up prize' (which is just the figure) is valued at $40. It's a safe bet that will be final retail cost before taxes/shipping.
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:59 pm

YIKES!!! Those shoes are gawd awful. :SICK:
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9

“Megatron Rises” Nike Air CJ81 Trainer and Action Figure - Further Details

Postby Va'al » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of Hasbro, we have additional information about the release and pricing of the 'Megatron Rises' exclusive set of Nike shoes and action figure: apparently, some of the items will be available separately, as well as part of the box set, but not the redecoed Megatron toy. Check out the details below, and make sure to check out yesterday's news story for the full gallery!

-- The "Megatron Rises" Box set carries a retail price of $550. (NOTE: The box set is the two pair of sneakers, a pair of cleats, and the special edition Transformers Megatron action figure.)
-- All "Megatron Rises" items will be available as of November 26 with the "Megatron Rises" Box set available a few days earlier in limited quantities only at 21 Mercer in New York City.
-- Outside of the "Megatron Rises" Box set, the special edition Megatron Transformers figure will be sold as a promotional item with the CJ Trainer Max Megatron (Calvin's signature shoe) ONLY. It is only available with purchase of that particular model.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby gigazarak » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 am

Motto: "Bear witness!"
Well that sucks! Can you buy them online!?
gigazarak
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I don't know who Calvin Johnson, Jr. is ,but I will bet you he "WILL BE " the "MVP " in the 2014 "SUPER BOWL" ,NIKE and HASBRO will make sure of that . Yes I am saying that the "SUPER BOWL " will be "RIGGED " to make sure he "WINS " on the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Transformers ,also the "Age of Extinction " trailer will be played during it . Since I live in Las Vegas I should go to one of the many Sport Books in town and make a bet on it ,I am that sure . I mean unless you are a moron you know that Pro Football (NFL ) is as fake as Pro Wrestling ......what you didn't ....that is so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But now on to the shoes and figure ,I really like them ,but I doubt I can find them in my size . Last time I went shoe shopping the place I went said that most shoe companies have STOPPED making shoes my size and I would have to buy a women's shoe or a kids . The only brand still doing my size is Converse ,do you know how that made me feel ....well like the small footed ,short ass I am . Now if they make an Acree :BOT: version I will be happy :grin: :lol:
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gacha Arms Microns Takara Tomy 2012"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bot Shots DRAGON TRACK Battle Game Optimus Prime Megatron 2013 New"
NEW!
Transformers Bot S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. STRIKER + STALKER Transformers Collaborative GI Joe 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit Trumpeter 2023 New"
SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON