This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
YoungPrime wrote:Which ones are Knights and which are Pirates?

Looks like only Scorpinok is a Con though
Pirates: Cannonball, Ferak & Tornado, and Scorponok piloted by Olin Zarak.

Knights: Ginrai and Devcon.

There should be two more pirates, three more knights, one "rogue Decepticon", and pirate troop builders in the souvenir sets and the attendee figure. No info on what faction the customization class figure is, though.

Here's the info on these five box set toy characters from the BotCon brochure:
DECEPTICON PIRATE CANNONBALL – A smarmy, charismatic pirate leader, who rules through charm and subterfuge, rather than force and intimidation, Cannonball is a Bot who’d sooner talk his way out of a fight or into a prize, but is more than capable when he needs to do battle. While he specializes in deception, fraud and even out-and-out impersonation, Cannonball is also skilled with blades and melee weapons – a true swashbuckler.

DECEPTICON PIRATE FERAK – Ferak is a sadist and the Pirates’ maintenance man. He keeps the ship together and can cobble Engines of Terror for casting fear on their victims. He used to be part of an elite Decepticon team called “Squadron X” during the war, but has found adapting to peacetime rather difficult. He is partnered with the diminutive TORNADO, a former member of Squadron X, whose alternate mode is a gun, but an ill-designed gun that jams and threatens to explode if a round of ammunition becomes lodged (it happens a lot – Ferak has the powder burns to prove it).

DECEPTICON PIRATE SCORPONOK – Scorponok is the fusion of machine and a Nebulan named Zarak. Last we had seen of Scorponok, he was flying through space serving as the battleship for the tattered remains of the Decepticon army. Now, however, Zarak has been forced to scuttle much of that battleship, rebuilding Scorponok into a smaller body.

AUTOBOT KNIGHT GINRAI – He is the gruff, pragmatic and downright paranoid military leader of the Autobots/Maximals. An old-school warrior “Bot of Action”, Ginrai has earned the rank of Knight Commander. A veteran of the old conflicts, he’s not entirely comfortable with the peace, constantly waiting for the “other shoe to drop”.

AUTOBOT KNIGHT DEVCON – A loner and former bounty hunter who holds the rank of Knight Sergeant, Devcon is the Batman to Ginrai’s Commissioner Gordon – the Bot willing to cross the line, bend the rules, shake down an informant. He doesn’t play well with others, but he gets the job done every time.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Henry921 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:There should be two more pirates, three more knights, one "rogue Decepticon", and pirate troop builders in the souvenir sets and the attendee figure. No info on what faction the customization class figure is, though.

If I'm remembering the original tweet, they said one "rogue Decepticon who may or may not be a pirate". Are we sure that's not Scorponok?

Though if I had to guess I'd say the rogue Decepticon is in the deluxe two pack fighting a knight, and one of the pirates is the custom class figure.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:There should be two more pirates, three more knights, one "rogue Decepticon", and pirate troop builders in the souvenir sets and the attendee figure. No info on what faction the customization class figure is, though.

If I'm remembering the original tweet, they said one "rogue Decepticon who may or may not be a pirate". Are we sure that's not Scorponok?
I dunno, Olin seems pretty content being a pirate, bossing everyone around (except the captain), making them treat him like he's royalty.

As this is Rebirth Scorponok, he's probably not alive on his own since he was operated by Lord Zarak.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hero Alpha » Sat May 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Scorponok and Devcon look really sweet. Too rich for my blood and Botcon is way too far away.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Sun May 11, 2014 8:19 am

There is not a lot of time left before the show. Where should we have the pseudo-official meetup? I'm thinking Saturday night at Yardhouse across from the center in Paseo Colorado, if we're gonna overpay for beer, might as well get bigger ones.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby craggy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:50 am

so is Swag the newest Dinobot?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby It Is Him » Sun May 11, 2014 11:37 am

craggy wrote:so is Swag the newest Dinobot?

Yeah, he's in the new movie along with slang, snitch and stool.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 11, 2014 1:46 pm

ScottyP wrote:There is not a lot of time left before the show. Where should we have the pseudo-official meetup? I'm thinking Saturday night at Yardhouse across from the center in Paseo Colorado, if we're gonna overpay for beer, might as well get bigger ones.
Isn't Saturday the Universal Studios night? Or is that Friday?

Or wait, if it is Friday, then isn't Saturday the dinner that BotCon holds each year?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Diem » Sun May 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There is not a lot of time left before the show. Where should we have the pseudo-official meetup? I'm thinking Saturday night at Yardhouse across from the center in Paseo Colorado, if we're gonna overpay for beer, might as well get bigger ones.
Isn't Saturday the Universal Studios night? Or is that Friday?

Or wait, if it is Friday, then isn't Saturday the dinner that BotCon holds each year?
I thought that there wasn't a dinner this year BECAUSE of Universal but I could be wrong.

The gift shop at the Transformers ride is not gonna know what hit it. Oddly I was there about a month ago and they had a bunch of GDO Scouts and hilariously overpriced Generations.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Diem wrote:I thought that there wasn't a dinner this year BECAUSE of Universal but I could be wrong.
Completely forgot about just taking another look at what the brochure said. Silly me. :oops:

Reading it over, it says that Universal thing is on Friday, but I can't find anything in it about the traditional Saturday night dinner. It's as though they're not even having it this year. :???:

If not, then Saturday might be the night to have the get-together.

I missed out on the 2011 get-together, though, so what kind of food does the Yardhouse have?

Diem wrote:The gift shop at the Transformers ride is not gonna know what hit it. Oddly I was there about a month ago and they had a bunch of GDO Scouts and hilariously overpriced Generations.
I'm not even sure if I'd even want to buy anything from that gift shop since, when I was at the ride's opening in Orlando, that ride's gift shop was filled with tons of TF merch, and I only purchased one item from it: Deluxe Evac (the ride's character). And now that I have him, unless the Hollywood gift shop has anything from retail that I actually want, I'm not sure if I'd even be buying anything from it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Diem » Sun May 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Diem wrote:The gift shop at the Transformers ride is not gonna know what hit it. Oddly I was there about a month ago and they had a bunch of GDO Scouts and hilariously overpriced Generations.
I'm not even sure if I'd even want to buy anything from that gift shop since, when I was at the ride's opening in Orlando, that ride's gift shop was filled with tons of TF merch, and I only purchased one item from it: Deluxe Evac (the ride's character). And now that I have him, unless the Hollywood gift shop has anything from retail that I actually want, I'm not sure if I'd even be buying anything from it.

True. I've been a couple of times and the only things I bought were Evacs for myself and Robofreak. But I'm sure with everyone's wallets lubricated by BotCon there will be a lot of purchases.
Diem
City Commander

Postby Shockwave7 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't like the new 'logo'. I'm reminded of...

Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Shockwave7 wrote:I don't like the new 'logo'. I'm reminded of...

I dunno, the box art looks pretty badass, and for some insane reason, it kinda reminds me of the "Expanded Universe" Figures' boxes.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 12, 2014 4:41 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Will there be a Hall of Fame presentation? If so, who are the inductees? Haven't read anything about this yet.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 12, 2014 7:54 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Will there be a Hall of Fame presentation? If so, who are the inductees? Haven't read anything about this yet.
Doesn't look like it. By now, it's too late for any kind of voting.

Last year had no presentation. It was just an announcement in one of the panels. After all, the department that was previously responsible for the Hall of Fame left Hasbro when the old design team did.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby It Is Him » Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Will there be a Hall of Fame presentation? If so, who are the inductees? Haven't read anything about this yet.

Last year had no presentation. It was just an announcement in one of the panels. After all, the department that was previously responsible for the Hall of Fame left Hasbro when the old design team did.

Wait... What?? A bunch of designers left???

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, yeah, Aaron Archer, Rik Alvarez, Alvarez's whole department (who were responsible for the HoF), Joe Kyde (but he still does freelance work for Hasbro), etc.

The last things this design team worked on were the 2013 Generations Thrilling 30 toys. The new/current design team's first toys were the 2014 simplified Prime Beast Hunters Deluxes and Voyagers. They're the team behind the AOE toys (as well as the non-AOE Generations for 2014).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Midnight_Fox » Mon May 12, 2014 9:28 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Interesting. Botcon's Twitter is stating that there are some bagged sets that were held back for the Iacon packages to purchase alongside their boxed set.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Mon May 12, 2014 9:50 am

Yeah I mentioned Saturday for the "official" meetup because I don't think there's any convention activities that night.

Midnight_Fox wrote:Interesting. Botcon's Twitter is stating that there are some bagged sets that were held back for the Iacon packages to purchase alongside their boxed set.

They probably held back three loose sets and one SG Soundwave bandana :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 am

Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, yeah, Aaron Archer, Rik Alvarez, Alvarez's whole department (who were responsible for the HoF), Joe Kyde (but he still does freelance work for Hasbro), etc.

The last things this design team worked on were the 2013 Generations Thrilling 30 toys. The new/current design team's first toys were the 2014 simplified Prime Beast Hunters Deluxes and Voyagers. They're the team behind the AOE toys (as well as the non-AOE Generations for 2014).

Archer is no longer with Hasbro?? Whoa. I don't remember this happening or being announced or newsed at all. What are your sources?

So it's all new people designing transformers now?

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 12, 2014 10:01 am

It Is Him wrote:Archer is no longer with Hasbro?? Whoa. I don't remember this happening or being announced or newsed at all. What are your sources?
http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/93321-aaron-archer-no-longer-with-hasbro/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-continues-layoffs-in-rhode-island/27240/

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Diem » Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 am

It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Archer is no longer with Hasbro?? Whoa. I don't remember this happening or being announced or newsed at all. What are your sources?

So it's all new people designing transformers now?

I hadn't heard about this. And I hate to be the ALL-NEW-DESIGNERS-THAT'S-WHY-NEW-TFS-SUCK guy but from what I've seen they don't have any gold stars so far.
Diem
City Commander

Postby It Is Him » Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 am

Oh my god.

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Thalack » Mon May 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Got myself registered for botcon, can't wait! I'm looking forward to it big time this year.

And if I may say, hopefully without getting flamed cause I don't mean any ill-will by what I say but...

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, made an account a couple of weeks ago. I've been reading and watching and it seems like you guys are so much more level headed then another transformers forum I could mention but won't, that seems clouded with a lot of negative attitudes and frequent whining. In short, it's a joy being here in comparison.
Last edited by Thalack on Mon May 12, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalack
Micromaster
Watch Thalack on YouTube
Buy from Thalack on eBay

Postby Diem » Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Thalack wrote:Got myself registered for botcon, can't wait! I'm looking forward to it big time this year.

And if I may say, hopefully without getting flamed cause I mean to ill-will by what I say but...

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, made an account a couple of weeks ago. I've been reading and watching and it seems like you guys are so much more level headed then another transformers forum I could mention but won't, that seems clouded with a lot of negative attitudes and frequent whining. In short, it's a joy being here in comparison.

Glad to have you aboard man! Yeah, we're largely a pretty mellow bunch, and even the few firecrackers in the candle box don't mean any real harm. Look forward to seeing you at Botcon!
Diem
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #6 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 DEC190653 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #6 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915R"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210499 2B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight RAMJET RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Musso 231208R"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB228625 2D Stafford"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 230926D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON