This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 Lineup & Photo

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 Lineup & Photo

Postby Downbeat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Motto: "Can't think and I'm feeling fine."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Still confused by who the hell Scattershot is intended to be. Meanwhile, Skimmer over there looks like the new character find of the century.
Downbeat
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Downbeat wrote:Still confused by who the hell Scattershot is intended to be. Meanwhile, Skimmer over there looks like the new character find of the century.
And it's finally back to ScattErshot instead of Unicron Trilogy ScattOrshot, otherwise I'd guess he was supposed to be Scattor, the middle Energon Saber jet.

And am I the only one who thinks Skimmer bears an intentional resemblance to Bristleback? Ah, if only they hadn't loudened Abominus's colors to resemble the Prime Terrorpreds, they might've done a Kreo Monstructor...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Aren't there any Autobot jets that aren't white? The Aerialbots are white jets, Strafe is a white jet, Jetfire's a white jet, Scattershot's a white jet... meanwhile the Decepticon Seekers are an entire rainbow. Too bad Skimmer isn't DotM Air Raid.

welcometothedarksyde wrote:I think they could've done so much better on Beachcomber, Null rays? Seriously, there was no way to get some shoulder mounted round things?

The missile pod things Lugnut has would've been perfect.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby wolverinetodd » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:42 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Noideaforaname wrote:Aren't there any Autobot jets that aren't white? The Aerialbots are white jets, Strafe is a white jet, Jetfire's a white jet, Scattershot's a white jet... meanwhile the Decepticon Seekers are an entire rainbow. Too bad Skimmer isn't DotM Air Raid.

welcometothedarksyde wrote:I think they could've done so much better on Beachcomber, Null rays? Seriously, there was no way to get some shoulder mounted round things?

Technically, Scattershot's a Technobot (leader of them, in fact) and should've been about 80% dark burgundy in color and not so much white. He looks too much like an Aerialbot or one of his fellow Technobots, Strafe. No surprise that this mini-fig was done wrong.

I'm also confused as to where "Beachcomber" is as referenced by welcometothedarksyde as I don't see the laidback dune buggy anywhere.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

wolverinetodd wrote:Technically, Scattershot's a Technobot (leader of them, in fact) and should've been about 80% dark burgundy in color and not so much white. He looks too much like an Aerialbot or one of his fellow Technobots, Strafe. No surprise that this mini-fig was done wrong.
This Scattershot isn't the Technobot Scattershot.
Sabrblade wrote:Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:43 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
wolverinetodd wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Aren't there any Autobot jets that aren't white? The Aerialbots are white jets, Strafe is a white jet, Jetfire's a white jet, Scattershot's a white jet... meanwhile the Decepticon Seekers are an entire rainbow. Too bad Skimmer isn't DotM Air Raid.

Technically, Scattershot's a Technobot (leader of them, in fact) and should've been about 80% dark burgundy in color and not so much white. He looks too much like an Aerialbot or one of his fellow Technobots, Strafe. No surprise that this mini-fig was done wrong.

Sometimes renaming is necessary to get around trademark problems. Plus, we already have a G1 Scattershot Microchanger in the Computron Combiner set, this is the second one named "Scattershot".

In a curious move, RotF/Universe 2008 Airazor was made as a replacement for Slingshot. So Slingshot and Airazor's representations, Quickslinger and Scattershot, are both standalone from Superion.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 am

wolverinetodd wrote:I'm also confused as to where "Beachcomber" is as referenced by welcometothedarksyde as I don't see the laidback dune buggy anywhere.

I assumed he was talking about Seaspray.
Noideaforaname
City Commander

Postby Down_Shift » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sunstreakers chest is completely wrong. Sure the helmet is an odd choice, but the chest is worse.

Aside from that, I'm excited for that Gears!

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Down_Shift wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sunstreakers chest is completely wrong. Sure the helmet is an odd choice, but the chest is worse.
I've seen speculation the Sunstreaker's chest, as well as that of Trailbreaker and that of Runamuck, might be based off of possible Binder of Revelation versions of the guys instead of their G1 versions.

After all, we have already gotten a G1 Trailbreaker-based Kreon with Trailcutter:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Finally getting Sunstreaker and Gears to round out the first season G1 Autobots. Glad to have the missing Seacon and Seaspray as well.

Why the hell are we getting another Trailbreaker and Scattershot? What a waste of two slots, when we still need a Cosmos and Reflector. Not to mention Ultra Magnus, Blurr, Tracks, Grapple, Skids, Blaster, Blitzwing, Astrotrain or Smokescreen.

And who is Skimmer and Fuselage? Fuselage looks like Astrotrain to me. So, I will pass on Skimmer and pick up "Fuselage" and pretend it is Astrotrain. Unless we get an official one in the future, then it can be Fuselage again. Whoever the hell that is.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:Fuselage appears to be Octane and Skimmer might be DOTM Air Raid.

Fuselage doesn't look like Octane to me. Colors are off and that head piece doesn't match. Looks more like Astrotrain to me, especially the alt mode. We haven't seen the name since classics Astrotrain. I bet they lost the trademark for it. Also, if it were Octane, they could have easily named it Tankor as we know they still have the rights for that name with the upcoming Generations release.

Who knows who Skimmer is supposed to me? It think DOTM Air Raid is an obscure character to be made a kreon, but your guess is the best one out there, because there is no other bot with that look that I know of. I personally am passing on that Kreon with Trailcutter and Scatershot part 2, so I am ok with it. Lightens the financial load when they hit retail. Although it irritates me tht they would redo two figures and create some obscure one when there are still 20 or so left that have not been made from G1 alone. They should have made a Reflector. That one would be lucrative for them as everyone would want three. Not to mention the perfect opportunity to make the five G1 dinobots with the TF4 movie coming. We get 4 combiner sets that are dino related and none of them are G1 dinos. What the hell were they thinking?
Last edited by shockblast2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:48 am

Supposedly Fuselage is Octane, basic on his Universe figure. Coloring and especially naming is kind of weird in Kre-O, falling in a different trademark category, so "Tankor" may already be taken in that field.

As for Skimmer being DotM Air Raid, no. I was thinking at least the chest details would match, but no.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Supposedly Fuselage is Octane, basic on his Universe figure. Coloring and especially naming is kind of weird in Kre-O, falling in a different trademark category, so "Tankor" may already be taken in that field.

As for Skimmer being DotM Air Raid, no. I was thinking at least the chest details would match, but no.

I don't agree. Fuselage looks WAYYYYY more like Astrotrain. Even the alt mode matches. The alt mode looks nothing like Octane's. They also could have named it Tankor or Octane. I doubt either or are restricted. I think that the odds are greater that they have lost the Astrotrain name since we have not seen anything since 2006 with that name. We had a Tankor in 2009 AND 2014.

In my OP, the evidence is heavily towards Astrotrain than Octane in every category. What makes you believe it is Octane?

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 am

shockblast2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Supposedly Fuselage is Octane, basic on his Universe figure. Coloring and especially naming is kind of weird in Kre-O, falling in a different trademark category, so "Tankor" may already be taken in that field.

I don't agree. Fuselage looks WAYYYYY more like Astrotrain. Even the alt mode matches. The alt mode looks nothing like Octane's. They also could have named it Tankor or Octane. I doubt either or are restricted. I think that the odds are greater that they have lost the Astrotrain name since we have not seen anything since 2006 with that name. We had a Tankor in 2009 AND 2014.

In my OP, the evidence is heavily towards Astrotrain than Octane in every category. What makes you believe it is Octane?

His chest detailing, it matches that of the Universe 2008 figure, not G1:

Also, wings on top and not the bottom: Universe Tankor aka Octane. :)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

His chest detailing, it matches that of the Universe 2008 figure, not G1:

Also, wings on top and not the bottom: Universe Tankor aka Octane. :)

Those are obscure details compared to the colors not matching, the fact that the name Tankor is available for use, the helmet looking more like Astrotrain than Octane, and the biggest point of all, the fact that the alt mode looks like a space shuttle and not a old type plane.

Still not seeing Octane in this one. And that chest piece looks similar to Octanes, but Astrotrain's is similar as well. Also, those wings are inverted just like Astrotrains. Octane's are more of a rectangle. Go look at a G1 pick of both and you will see what i mean. The more I look at them now the more I am sold that this is Astrotrain.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 am

Skimmer is actually a new beast-based character, like a new Dinobot, to go along with the dino theme of AOE.

And as for this Scattershot:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am

Sabrblade wrote:Skimmer is actually a new beast-based character, like a new Dinobot, to go along with the dino theme of AOE.

And as for this Scattershot:

I figured Skimmer would be something like that. How lame is it that we have 30+ new dino kreons but no G1 dinobots? Sometimes I really think the people who make the decisions for these lines as far as the characters go are complete morons.

They even took Insecticon Shrapnel, messed up his colors just so they can insert it into the lame Obsidian combiner they came up with. How stupid.

I can agree that this "Scattershot " might be Airrazor, but that is redundant because we already got all five aerialbots. Making this another stupid character choice, along with Trailbreaker. How insulting, especially when there are many other characters they could have chose.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:58 am

No, please, do go on. Tell us how you really feel about these Kreons. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 am

Sabrblade wrote:No, please, do go on. Tell us how you really feel about these Kreons. :P

No... just, no. In fact completely ignore that #-o

I'd expect a return to the more traditional characters once the Movie Hype is over. That would mean we will get proper Insecticons and Dinobots since the pieces will be reused. All we can do now is ride it out and tolerate the movie-style critters.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 am

Sabrblade wrote:No, please, do go on. Tell us how you really feel about these Kreons. :P

Ok, I will!

Those dirty mother(beep)s! need to get their heads out of their *sses and stop BEEPing us over by giving us half*ss characters that noone knows who the hell they are. I mean, we shouldn't be debating over the names of these characters at all. How hard is it to just name a damn kreon either Tankor or Astrotrain? Hasbro only has a billion dollars and they couldn't just give us a BEEPing clear name? And look at the obscure characters they have picked! I mean , WTF!! No BEEPing Cosmos. No BEEPing Skids. Yet, we get Skimmer. F'in Skimmer. Who the BEEP knows who Skimmer is?

Nerd Rage melt down in 5...4....3...2...1........AHAHAHAHAA!!!

Ok, I'm done.
Last edited by shockblast2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

No... just, no. In fact completely ignore that #-o

I'd expect a return to the more traditional characters once the Movie Hype is over. That would mean we will get proper Insecticons and Dinobots since the pieces will be reused. All we can do now is ride it out and tolerate the movie-style critters.

Sorry Goldrabbit.........I slipped........fell off the wagon.

What will my brothers in the Nerd Rage Coalition think of me now?!?!?!

I am a failure!! :BANG_HEAD:

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:All we can do now is ride it out and tolerate the movie-style critters.

There's actually way more "traditional" characters instead of Movie ones in these waves, outside the big expensive sets I mean. Sea Spray's basically the only Movie bot, and even that's debatable.

Meanwhile we got TWENTY characters --between the blindbags and Combiners-- that are completely made up. Twenty! A dozen and a half (plus two). That's a lot of waste for an homage line.
Noideaforaname
City Commander

Postby shockblast2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 am

BTW, is frostbite supposed to be the Cybertron version? Looks kinda like a wolf or something?

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 am

shockblast2 wrote:BTW, is frostbite supposed to be the Cybertron version? Looks kinda like a wolf or something?
Frostbite is a new guy to go with the Lazerbolt dudes.

There's no Cybertron Frostbite. Only a Universe (2003) one.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC268 5A (CA) Kane (W) Finger"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC273 1B (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 NOV230743 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #101 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics MAY230703  (CA) Cockrum (W)Claremont"
X-MEN #101 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg JUN230959 (CA) Kane"
GIANT SIZE X-MEN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #3 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 DEC230721"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YOUNG ROMANCE #125 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC214 (CA) Romita"
YOUNG ROMANCE #125 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON