This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Challenge of the Gobots: The Series DVD Available For Preorder

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Challenge of the Gobots: The Series DVD Available For Preorder

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
shajaki wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Since there were 65 episodes, I'm assuming that 1-5 got released before, 6-35 must be in this set, and 36-65 could be in a Volume 2 release, right?
wait wait wait.... this set wont include the first five episodes?
Nope. They released that DVD well over a year ago, I believe. I never bought it because I thought this inevitable larger set might include them for a double-dip, but now I'll need to order it too.
that.... is ridiculous.
not only have we entered the age of popular "complete set" releases, but this issue is not unheard of. beast machines had a small release (1 dvd episodes 1-5 or something) and later released the series as a whole. and i didnt feel cheated for buying the first dvd. i like comptete sets!
Well, when Animated first came out on DVD, its first three episodes (which aired as a TV movie) were released separately from the proper season 1 release, which didn't include them.

I think the reason the first five episode of GoBots were sold separately here is because they might not be officially counted as a part of the main series season since they act as a standalone mini-series called "The Battle for Gobotron".

The G.I. Joe: ARAH cartoon did something similar with its first five episodes being a mini-series called "A Real American Hero", followed by another five-part mini-series called "The Revenge of Cobra", and then the rest of the series proper. Then it later had its movie and then another mini-series called "Arise, Serpentor, Arise!" and then more episodes of the series. Then, the DiC version of the show began with a mini-series called "Operation: Dragonfire" and then more episodes of the series proper.

tl:dr - some shows are just like that.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Torneira » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 am

base.jpg
base.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 28428 times
base.jpg
base.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 28428 times
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:It's funny I see this now because last night I had found my old Crasher Gobots (the black version and the white version) and I went to watch the first couple of episodes after. Amazingly awful, but awesome in their own way. Really under appreciated, and I STILL want the Command Center and Thruster play sets.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/ ... ousPage=lr
Attachments
base1.jpg
base1.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 28428 times
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

^ That toy did actually get used for Transformers, as the Cybertron Idōkichi ("Maaximal Mobile Base") in Beast Wars II

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 pm

shajaki wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Since there were 65 episodes, I'm assuming that 1-5 got released before, 6-35 must be in this set, and 36-65 could be in a Volume 2 release, right?
wait wait wait.... this set wont include the first five episodes?
Nope. They released that DVD well over a year ago, I believe. I never bought it because I thought this inevitable larger set might include them for a double-dip, but now I'll need to order it too.
that.... is ridiculous.
not only have we entered the age of popular "complete set" releases, but this issue is not unheard of. beast machines had a small release (1 dvd episodes 1-5 or something) and later released the series as a whole. and i didnt feel cheated for buying the first dvd. i like comptete sets!

I didn't mind buying both the Rhino and Shout! G1 sets (well, partly because they screwed up different eps in different ways, so you need to for maximum completism), but Warner, as far as I can tell, have been the most irrational copyright trolls when it comes to yanking old cartoon intros off youtube, so I refuse to give them any more of my money than necessary; they make enough off Happy Birthday. Removing eps is one thing, but making the intros off-limits makes no sense, since it's free advertising to people who might suddenly want to buy a series from their childhood that they'd previously forgotten, and monitoring the number of hits would be good market research. I wouldn't even consider buying a legit set from them if GoBots had aired recently enough for high-quality bootlegs to be recorded.

Which reminds me: I wonder if Warner would consider legal action if any of the 3rd Party GoBots stuff gets too show-accurate. Since those are the only real stabs at better GoBot toys we'll ever get (rather than TF homages not accurate enough to anger Bandai) that'd be a shame.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Want it!! :DANCE:
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:25 am

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Challenge of the Gobots: The Series DVD Volume Two Released

Postby Va'al » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:15 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In a strangely unannounced and under the radar turn of events, it appears Warner Bros has released the second volume of Challenge of the Gobots DVD collection. We received the notification from fellow Seibertron.com user Sabrblade, who spotted it both on the official website and Amazon.com for purchase (currently at $32.39). Check out the artwork below, and follow the links to find out more!

Challenge of the Gobots: The Series, Volume Two
The GoBots are reporting for action on DVD and they have never looked this good!.Experience the first five episodes of the exciting animated series – known to fans as The Battle for Gobotron saga – in revitalized digitally remastered splendor.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:28 am

And so, the entire 65-episode series is now on remastered DVD, split across three sets:
  • The Original Miniseries - Episodes 1-5
  • The Series, Volume 1 - Episodes 6-35
  • The Series, Volume 2 - Episodes 36-65
All that's left for them to release is the Battle of the Rock Lords movie.

Though, you guys notice what's included on this Volume 2 set in the bonus features?
Cry for “Moar” no more, good Guardian fans and rascally Renegade rooters! It’s time for more GoBots in this concluding volume, packed to the rafters with more transforming robotics, sci-fi twists and animated action than you can shake a Cy-Kill at! Among the pulse-pounding challenges found within is the astounding five-part GoBotron Saga, which sees the Guardians undertake an epic quest to discover the mythical Last Engineer and uncover GoBotron’s origins in order to save the life of Turbo – and planet Earth itself! Other challenges include turncoat traitors (“Steamer’s Defection”), dino-clones (“Destroy All Guardians") and a trip to New Earth (“Quest for New Earth”), deep in the reaches of space! So fire up your cyber-disc machine and get ready to rock and robot with Leader-1, Cop-Tur, Crasher, Scooter and the rest! Bot-Bonus: The legendary “ROBO-FORCE: THE REVENGE OF NAZGAR” TV special, featuring Maxx Steele and more Robo-Force favorites!
Talk about obscure 80's media! I never heard of this Robo Force thing until yesterday, when it was explained to me as being a Ruby-Spears TV special that is said to have only aired on TV once and only in certain places, and is considered by many to be the stuff of legend for 1980's children's entertainment. Wowsers!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:And so, the entire 65-episode series is now on remastered DVD, split across three sets:
  • The Original Miniseries - Episodes 1-5
  • The Series, Volume 1 - Episodes 6-35
  • The Series, Volume 2 - Episodes 36-65
All that's left for them to release is the Battle of the Rock Lords movie.

Though, you guys notice what's included on this Volume 2 set in the bonus features?
Cry for “Moar” no more, good Guardian fans and rascally Renegade rooters! It’s time for more GoBots in this concluding volume, packed to the rafters with more transforming robotics, sci-fi twists and animated action than you can shake a Cy-Kill at! Among the pulse-pounding challenges found within is the astounding five-part GoBotron Saga, which sees the Guardians undertake an epic quest to discover the mythical Last Engineer and uncover GoBotron’s origins in order to save the life of Turbo – and planet Earth itself! Other challenges include turncoat traitors (“Steamer’s Defection”), dino-clones (“Destroy All Guardians") and a trip to New Earth (“Quest for New Earth”), deep in the reaches of space! So fire up your cyber-disc machine and get ready to rock and robot with Leader-1, Cop-Tur, Crasher, Scooter and the rest! Bot-Bonus: The legendary “ROBO-FORCE: THE REVENGE OF NAZGAR” TV special, featuring Maxx Steele and more Robo-Force favorites!
Talk about obscure 80's media! I never heard of this Robo Force thing until yesterday, when it was explained to me as being a Ruby-Spears TV special that is said to have only aired on TV once and only in certain places, and is considered by many to be the stuff of legend for 1980's children's entertainment. Wowsers!

This is the part that has me the most excited. When I was a kid it seemed like everyone I knew had at least one Robo-Force figure, I even had one of the story books, but I was surprised as an adult to find out how few people knew about them. I still really like them in a Lost in Space / Forbidden Planet sort of way and wish I still had my originals, but the arms were notorious for breaking.

BTW, these DVDs are printed on demand which explains why they're able to put them out without notice.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Welp. I'm going to have to get this volume 2 set just for the Robo Force cartoon included in it!

By the way, Robo Force is now owned by independent toy company Toyfinity, who have been producing new figures and a webcomic. http://toyfinity.blogspot.ca/
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
There's probably enough content out there now that if you wanted to you could just watch 80's cartoons everyday, forever.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #44 var homage Marvel Comics 2021 DEC200559 (CA) Bennett (W) Ewing"
IMMORTAL HULK #44 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN BATMAN #7 DC Comics 2004 (A/CA) Lee (W) Loeb 230305A"
SUPERMAN BATMAN #7 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR220789 (W) Wells (CA) McGuinness"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #67 Marvel Comics 2021 APR210884 (CA) Bagley (W) Spencer"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220834 (CA)Dell'Otto"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC048 1071B (CA) Reis"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #14 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 JUN220916 (CA) Romita (W) Duggan"
X-MEN #14 var Spid ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #79 var Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210827 (CA) Jurgens (W) Ziglar"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0423DC001 136A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #136 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #45 Marvel Comics 2021 FEB210613 (CA) Ross (W) Ewing"
IMMORTAL HULK #45 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1070 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0123DC057 1070B (CA) Reis"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0423DC047 5F (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr B DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223269 1B (CA) McFarlane"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #38 var Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220968 (CA) Bartel"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON