This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Transformers Generations Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Doubledealer93 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:57 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sweet. Cant wait for them to show up in ohio

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:00 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
shockblast2 wrote:More shelf warming fodder. Like any child gives a squat about either of these characters.

Kids? These are for me, fool! Nostalgia City, here I come on the Throwback Express!
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby 1984forever » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:29 am

Roadbuster gives me nostalgia too... of being so happy my parents didn't buy him! I got Whirl as a surprise bonus Christmas gift back in '85 along with the other TFs I asked for... and boy was I pissed! I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon! It could have been worse though, they could have brought me Whirl AND Roadbuster! For the record, I didn't play with Whirl and I didn't give him away either. I didn't want to seem like an ingrate.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
About time! Ought to stop by the three retailers I frequent to see if any of them have Roadbuster. Might get Sky-Byte to square off against Rhinox, them being from two different series notwithstanding.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:50 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
1984forever wrote:Roadbuster gives me nostalgia too... of being so happy my parents didn't buy him! I got Whirl as a surprise bonus Christmas gift back in '85 along with the other TFs I asked for... and boy was I pissed! I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon! It could have been worse though, they could have brought me Whirl AND Roadbuster! For the record, I didn't play with Whirl and I didn't give him away either. I didn't want to seem like an ingrate.

Wow. Your life sounds terrible. Even when toys were G1, there was no pleasing you.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Endurance: 6

Postby 1984forever » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
1984forever wrote:Roadbuster gives me nostalgia too... of being so happy my parents didn't buy him! I got Whirl as a surprise bonus Christmas gift back in '85 along with the other TFs I asked for... and boy was I pissed! I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon! It could have been worse though, they could have brought me Whirl AND Roadbuster! For the record, I didn't play with Whirl and I didn't give him away either. I didn't want to seem like an ingrate.

Wow. Your life sounds terrible. Even when toys were G1, there was no pleasing you.

Yes, it was hell dealing with uncoordinated parents. Particularly my father who had Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in each hand at a Black Friday style mob scene in TRU, but lost Sunstreaker because he needed a free hand to grapple on the floor with another parent.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
1984forever wrote:I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon!
Because it was a Transformers toy and they knew you liked Transformers?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
shockblast2 wrote:More shelf warming fodder. Like any child gives a squat about either of these characters.

If we go by the "shelf warming" logic, then kids must not give a crap about Bumblebee either. >:oP
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Rated X » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 am

So you got all the TF's you wanted for Christmas, plus Whirl as a "bonus" ? What's to be pissed about ? I could understand if you got just Whirl and not the TF's you wanted. But getting more is bad ? :BANG_HEAD:
Rated X
Banned

Postby 1984forever » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Rated X wrote:

So you got all the TF's you wanted for Christmas, plus Whirl as a "bonus" ? What's to be pissed about ? I could understand if you got just Whirl and not the TF's you wanted. But getting more is bad ? :BANG_HEAD:

Whirl was an AUTObot with a helicopter alt-mode with no excuse or explanation why he was not an automobile. BIG no no in my book. What's worse is that neither Whirl or his buddy Roadbuster were on the cartoon. When I got new figures they weren't allowed to "play" with the other Transformers until they made an appearance on the cartoon. I had to make sure their personalities and voices were just right or everything would turn out wrong! THIS is the reason why Roadbuster will provide body heat for the shelves all winter! If you're not a UK comic fan you probably don't care about Roadbuster. They shoulda sent this guy over to England or somewhere...
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
1984forever wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Whirl was an AUTObot with a helicopter alt-mode with no excuse or explanation why he was not an automobile. BIG no no in my book. What's worse is that neither Whirl or his buddy Roadbuster were on the cartoon. When I got new figures they weren't allowed to "play" with the other Transformers until they made an appearance on the cartoon. I had to make sure their personalities and voices were just right or everything would turn out wrong! THIS is the reason why Roadbuster will provide body heat for the shelves all winter! If you're not a UK comic fan you probably don't care about Roadbuster. They shoulda sent this guy over to England or somewhere...

I ask this without being an ass, nor meant to be offensive; Are you Okay? Do you have some kinda O.C.D that's gone untreated? I am genuinely concerned :-(
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Dear god. It's worse than we thought. It's type 5 GEEWUNNER syndrome. The only cure is exposing the patient to repeated doses of Fire on the Mountain, City of Steel, B.O.T. and Carnage in C-Minor until the rose-tinted glasses are ready to be excised with a Cybertron Optimus Prime toy.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Delta Magnus wrote:Dear god. It's worse than we thought. It's type 5 GEEWUNNER syndrome. The only cure is exposing the patient to repeated doses of Fire on the Mountain, City of Steel, B.O.T. and Carnage in C-Minor until the rose-tinted glasses are ready to be excised with a Cybertron Optimus Prime toy.

Mental handicaps are no laughing matter. I too am curious what exactly is going on in his head. There are signs, but I'm not applying labels just yet, better leave that to the professionals.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:08 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:Dear god. It's worse than we thought. It's type 5 GEEWUNNER syndrome. The only cure is exposing the patient to repeated doses of Fire on the Mountain, City of Steel, B.O.T. and Carnage in C-Minor until the rose-tinted glasses are ready to be excised with a Cybertron Optimus Prime toy.

Mental handicaps are no laughing matter. I too am curious what exactly is going on in his head. There are signs, but I'm not applying labels just yet, better leave that to the professionals.

Sorry, didn't intend to cause offence.

Clarification:

[spoiler="Explaining the joke"]I don't think he's got anything wrong with him. I just think he's a silly person who likes the original cartoon a little bit too much. That's what I was insinuating- that he is not mentally ill but merely a bit crazy.[/spoiler]
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby 1984forever » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Yeah guys, I'm crazy. Just not crazy enough to buy Sky-Byte :SICK:
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm

EDIT: Posting glitch. Whoops.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sorry, didn't intend to cause offence.

Clarification (or rather explaining the joke):

[spoiler=]I don't think he's got anything wrong with him. I just think he's a silly person who likes the original cartoon a little bit too much. That's what I was insinuating- that he is not mentally ill but merely a bit crazy.[/spoiler]
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rated X » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 pm

1984forever wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Rated X
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

1984forever wrote:Whirl was an AUTObot with a helicopter alt-mode with no excuse or explanation why he was not an automobile.
I think we need to take another look at the meaning of the word "auto" here. The original meaning. The word is derived from the Greek word for "self" or "one's own". The "auto" in "automobile" refers to a vehicle's ability to move on its own power, with the "mobile" part meaning "moving". Thus an "automobile" would, in a literal sense, be "any self-propelled movable object", which a helicopter does count as.

In fact, the word "AUTOmotive" even refers to "some sort of helicopter-like device" according to the Online Etymology Dictionary.

Plus, the word "auto" in regards to "Autobot" has taken to refer to their being robots who have their own selves. It's even in the opening narration of the first episode: "Intelligent who could think and feel". Think and feel for themselves. Automatic, automated, autonomous robots.

Why, even Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Jazz weren't cars before coming to Earth. Bumblebee turned into a UFO hover saucer, of all things, yet was still an "Autobot" back on Cybertron.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Honestly I think this is appropriate
How Wave 2 of the Transformers toys in 1984 ruined the brand forever wrote:Gimmicks ruined the Transformers toyline. The first wave was excellent - small Autobot vehicles that transformed into robots: the 'real' Transformers. However, most fans don't know what on Earth Hasbro was thinking with the second wave. Cassettes? Transformers just don't transform into cassettes, as the now much quoted phrase "M1N1CaR NOT KaSETE!!!" sums up perfectly. These cassettes, considered by most fans to be worse than GoBots, also had a gimmick, the first of many lame and pointless gimmicks. Rather than being Autobots, as all previous Transformers had been, these tapes were called 'Decepticons,' a supposed *second* race of Transformers and enemies of the peace-loving Autobots. The 'Decepticon Tapes' also came with another gimmick: weapons - a blight upon everything the Transformers stood for. Of course, most Transfans had long since stopped collecting by this point, but after this failure, Hasbro continued to try and keep the franchise alive with more gimmicks; planes, cassette recorders, guns and even larger cars, which were an obvious attempt to reclaim what fans originally liked about the series.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Honestly I think this is appropriate

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Maybe we should also get this thread back on track, as we were forced to close the last one where the same 'debate' happened, and inevitably degenerated.

Thank you. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Convoy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Does anybody remember flying Autobots? Powerglide, Cosmos, Jetfire, the members of Superion, any of the triple changers? Wasn't it the first episode where even the ground vehicle Autobots could fly in robot mode?

Auto, from Greek αὐτο- auto- "self, one's own".

The word robota means literally "corvée", "serf labor", and figuratively "drudgery" or "hard work" in Czech and also (more general) "work", "labor" in many Slavic languages.

Autobot could translate as, "One's Own Labor".
Or you could be watching a cartoon from thirty years ago written hastily on deadlines to sell toys.

Maybe someone should look into TFA. I think they stuck a little closer to the 'bots drive, cons fly.' ideals. Wasn't Skygarry a tank?
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Convoy wrote:Does anybody remember flying Autobots? Powerglide, Cosmos, Jetfire, the members of Superion, any of the triple changers?
Yes. 1984forever loathes those kind of Autobots (all of which came out in 1985-1986, btw, rather than 1984).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby bassal » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:17 pm

So, I know this is a bit off topic, but I know that Takara produced a metallic paint job for Generations Legends Optimus/Bumblebee/Megatron/Starscream. However, no such paint job was made for future Legends figures. Does anyone know if Takara plans to release these figures in these paint jobs?
bassal
Micromaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics JUN230949 (CA) Kuder"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #8 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220950 (CA) Saiz (W) Aaron (A) Saiz + Azaceta"
PUNISHER #8 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230838 (CA) Gleason (W) Rowell (A)Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var New Champions Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230653 Andolfo"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 APR220763 (CA) Nakayama"
DAREDEVIL #1 var S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230837 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230645 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell +Gao"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #17 Marvel Comics SEP221028 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay (A) Cappuccio"
MOON KNIGHT #17 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230683 (CA) Clarke (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #2 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #31 Marvel Comics 2021 APR210937 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #31 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER SOVIET #1 var Marvel Comics 2019 SEP190853 (CA) Casanovas (W) Ennis"
PUNISHER SOVIET #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210543 (W) MacKay (CA) Hotz"
MOON KNIGHT #1 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230923 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #11 var Marvel Comics NOV220962 (CA) Mobili (W) Percy (A) Wachter"
GHOST RIDER #11 va ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON