Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Vote for new weapons!

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

What new weapon would you like to see?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Cyber Potato Cannon
5
12%
Restraining Order
5
12%
Shark Launcher
3
7%
Cosmic Rust Cannon
9
21%
Quad Beam Cannon
3
7%
Hellfire Shotgun
9
21%
Magnus Hammer
4
9%
Distortion Field
4
9%
Eldrich Energy
1
2%
Laser Burst
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 43

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby _Anshin_ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Distortion Field sounds great to me. Sounds very Transformish (Mindwipe/Soundwave) as well a small jab at outside world products (Fruit users will understand this very well)
_Anshin_
Brainmaster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
_Anshin_ wrote:(Fruit users will understand this very well)




edit: anyone know how the **** to get these Youtube tags to work?
Last edited by Burn on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: n00b.
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby UltraSteel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Motto: "Just Win."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Hellfire Shotgun just sounds Badass.... ish. :twisted:
Image
(Formerly known as Groove)
User avatar
UltraSteel
Minibot
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: Cybertron
Watch UltraSteel on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby turbomagnus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 am

Weapon: Shotgun
'Cosmic Rust Cannon' sounds good and brings back memories of the classic cartoon... but then we'd just have someone begging for 'Corrostop Coating' as a new armour after they get theirs handed to them a few times by people using the CRC.

I'm going to throw my vote in for the 'Hellfire Shotgun', though... we need some high-level shotguns in the game.
turbomagnus
City Commander
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 2

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Autobot Megatron » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Motto: "That's just prime..."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Cosmic Rust all the way. Almost voted for laser burst out of pity, though. I feel kinda sorry for it.
Autobot Megatron
Like Nemisis Prime, but cooler.
User avatar
Autobot Megatron
Fuzor
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 pm
Location: Uh, I'm right here, aren't I?

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Shark Launcher ftw whats not to like about throwing angry teef filled garbage disposal swimmers at fleshies and tfs alike Image
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Eh... Saints Row the 3rd has a better option on that. Fire chum and lure out street sharks.

I haven't paid for the DLC for it, but come on, Street Sharks were awesome. How could that not be a win? I wonder if Gangsters in Space will have Biker Mice from Mars...
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Absolute Zero wrote:Eh... Saints Row the 3rd has a better option on that. Fire chum and lure out street sharks.

I haven't paid for the DLC for it, but come on, Street Sharks were awesome. How could that not be a win? I wonder if Gangsters in Space will have Biker Mice from Mars...

nah just big laser cannons you can't keep in the regular game
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:Eh... Saints Row the 3rd has a better option on that. Fire chum and lure out street sharks.

I haven't paid for the DLC for it, but come on, Street Sharks were awesome. How could that not be a win? I wonder if Gangsters in Space will have Biker Mice from Mars...

nah just big laser cannons you can't keep in the regular game


Oh, is it out now?
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:09 am

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Absolute Zero wrote:
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:Eh... Saints Row the 3rd has a better option on that. Fire chum and lure out street sharks.

I haven't paid for the DLC for it, but come on, Street Sharks were awesome. How could that not be a win? I wonder if Gangsters in Space will have Biker Mice from Mars...

nah just big laser cannons you can't keep in the regular game


Oh, is it out now?

yeah come out in the last month sometime dunno when
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby turbomagnus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 am

Weapon: Shotgun
Uh... chainbreak.

*Points to the poll results*

Anybody know what happens in the event of a tie; do both of them get introduced 'first', do we go to a tie-breaker, what?
turbomagnus
City Commander
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 2

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 am

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
turbomagnus wrote:Uh... chainbreak.

*Points to the poll results*

Anybody know what happens in the event of a tie; do both of them get introduced 'first', do we go to a tie-breaker, what?

high noon shoot out?
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
We nominate female champions to wrestle in jello, and Sustain has to choose the winner?
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Burn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:17 pm

I think you and I should be the judges...
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38108
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Challenge Accepted!
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby turbomagnus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Weapon: Shotgun
Okay, that's decided...

Now we just have to figure out which gelatin flavour we want to use...
turbomagnus
City Commander
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 2

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Absolute Zero » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Hmm... Someone's gonna have to put on a bikini then.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well, its past the 2 weeks and as you all can see... the Hellfire Shotgun and Cosmic Rust Cannon won, which means that Phaze (HS) and Jack Hallows (CRC) will both win a personalised version of their suggested weapon.

Well done guys!



The rest of you will get to see these launched after we have statted then up over the next few days. The other weapons that got voted on will also most likely make it into the game, but wont be 'til after these have been released.



Thanks for all your help guys, and feel free to yell out more suggestions and ideas. We all know that what we can do to spice up the game is limited, but we will do our best to keep it as fresh as possible for you all!
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Cool beans can't wait to be dishing out the hellfire
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Quick question: What is this "AD credit slip" I stumbled upon in the weaponry?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Chaoslock wrote:Quick question: What is this "AD credit slip" I stumbled upon in the weaponry?

Alldarkers last paycheck?
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Phaze wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:Quick question: What is this "AD credit slip" I stumbled upon in the weaponry?

Alldarkers last paycheck?


Its his dead Targetmaster. I hope you didn't buy it as it's about to be deleted so you'll have just wasted 100k.
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Jack Hallows » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:48 am

Motto: "no man is safe from this blade i'm packin.. i have dreams where i'm fallin', but as i hit the ground, i wake up laughin'..."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Psychout wrote:Well, its past the 2 weeks and as you all can see... the Hellfire Shotgun and Cosmic Rust Cannon won, which means that Phaze (HS) and Jack Hallows (CRC) will both win a personalised version of their suggested weapon.

Well done guys!



The rest of you will get to see these launched after we have statted then up over the next few days. The other weapons that got voted on will also most likely make it into the game, but wont be 'til after these have been released.



Thanks for all your help guys, and feel free to yell out more suggestions and ideas. We all know that what we can do to spice up the game is limited, but we will do our best to keep it as fresh as possible for you all!

ahaaa sweet! now i can let psychout's family go. lol i was sure phaze was takin this so i had to grab a lil insurance policy hahaha :twisted:
Image
User avatar
Jack Hallows
Vehicon
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:42 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Watch Jack Hallows on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Psychout » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:29 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Vote for new weapons!

Postby Phaze » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 am

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Jack Hallows wrote:ahaaa sweet! now i can let psychout's family go. lol i was sure phaze was takin this so i had to grab a lil insurance policy hahaha :twisted:

funny thing i had forgotten i'd suggested the hellfire shotgun
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014