Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
wigglez323 wrote:That's what I said. Everybody says it's soposed to go into Prime. But I personally think it goes into G1 because of the fact that everybody looks like G1. I don't even like prime anyway.


We've been over this already. Grimlock is the finishing move here, too. He can't exist on Cybertron if Wheeljack built him on Earth in the present day, can he?

And, as Sabrblade said, looking like G1 does not make it G1. Because Animated is designed to be one homage after another, and Beast Wars looks nothing like G1.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shadowman wrote:Here's the problem with that. WfC had a big gallery of art that looked like that. Not exactly, mind you, but the same style, incredibly impressive landscapes and such. And very, very little of it ended up being used to make anything in the game. While it looks beautiful (And some of them are screenshots rather than art) keep in mind that it's highly unlikely this is what the game will look like.

Can you link me to the gallery, so I can argue against your point? :D
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
User avatar
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
Posts: 401
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
NatsumeRyu wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Here's the problem with that. WfC had a big gallery of art that looked like that. Not exactly, mind you, but the same style, incredibly impressive landscapes and such. And very, very little of it ended up being used to make anything in the game. While it looks beautiful (And some of them are screenshots rather than art) keep in mind that it's highly unlikely this is what the game will look like.

Can you link me to the gallery, so I can argue against your point? :D


It's in the game itself, in the Extras section.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Wigglez » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I can't wait 'till I see Metroplex
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
wigglez323 wrote:That's what I said. Everybody says it's soposed to go into Prime. But I personally think it goes into G1 because of the fact that everybody looks like G1. I don't even like prime anyway.


We've been over this already. Grimlock is the finishing move here, too. He can't exist on Cybertron if Wheeljack built him on Earth in the present day, can he?

And, as Sabrblade said, looking like G1 does not make it G1. Because Animated is designed to be one homage after another, and Beast Wars looks nothing like G1.


Marvel G1 Comics, they were on the ark with the other Autobots and awoken by teletran-1 to stop Shockwave.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3533
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
wigglez323 wrote:That's what I said. Everybody says it's soposed to go into Prime. But I personally think it goes into G1 because of the fact that everybody looks like G1. I don't even like prime anyway.


We've been over this already. Grimlock is the finishing move here, too. He can't exist on Cybertron if Wheeljack built him on Earth in the present day, can he?

And, as Sabrblade said, looking like G1 does not make it G1. Because Animated is designed to be one homage after another, and Beast Wars looks nothing like G1.


Marvel G1 Comics, they were on the ark with the other Autobots and awoken by teletran-1 to stop Shockwave.


Yeah, but everyone is always saying it's supposed to be a prequel to the G1 Cartoon. In any case, there's too many inconsistencies either way, and it doesn't fit with the cartoon or comics.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
wigglez323 wrote:That's what I said. Everybody says it's soposed to go into Prime. But I personally think it goes into G1 because of the fact that everybody looks like G1. I don't even like prime anyway.


We've been over this already. Grimlock is the finishing move here, too. He can't exist on Cybertron if Wheeljack built him on Earth in the present day, can he?

And, as Sabrblade said, looking like G1 does not make it G1. Because Animated is designed to be one homage after another, and Beast Wars looks nothing like G1.


Marvel G1 Comics, they were on the ark with the other Autobots and awoken by teletran-1 to stop Shockwave.


Yeah, but everyone is always saying it's supposed to be a prequel to the G1 Cartoon. In any case, there's too many inconsistencies either way, and it doesn't fit with the cartoon or comics.


Poor WFC doesn't fit in anywhere. Has to eat his lunch with the janitor at school.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3533
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Poor WFC doesn't fit in anywhere. Has to eat his lunch with the janitor at school.


Aligned is a about as much of a mess as G1 was. WfC/FoC, Exodus/Exiles, and TFP all barely fit in with each other. I'll chalk it up to miscommunication, the people working on all three pieces not working together. They've only recently been patching it all together, like Ratchet retelling bits of Exodus in TFP, or FoC Cliffjumper integrating parts of his TFP design.
Last edited by Shadowman on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby lowman_x » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:34 pm

It definitely feels like putting WFC within the TF:Prime continuity was an after thought. I remember reading promo material about WFC (well before TF Prime had even been mentioned) saying how we would, for the first time, get the true history of the Transformers before they came to Earth. We would get the chance to experience the TF civil war. It all alluded to being the beginnings of the G1 continuity. I also don't believe that the character designs were just meant to be homages to G1 characters - I honestly believe that this was meant to be an updated retelling of the G1 continuity (like IDW did with the "-ation" series) and that's what the designers went into the game basing it on - "We're doing G1! Booyah!".

THEN I think Hasbro came in (after the game had started to be made)and went: "Well, we're starting a new continuity called TF: Prime which is kinda a cross of Bayverse, G1 and a bit of Animated and we really want to market that... so... we're going to say that everything from here on out is in that continuity. Oh, and that game you've been working on and obviously basing on G1? Yeah, that's now Prime continuity too. Anyone got a sturdy shoehorn? You're gonna need it. Any sequels? Yeah, you're gonna have to start throwing in obvious TF; Prime stuff for those." (Like Cliffjumper's head design in the latest promo stuff.)

I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."

Website? You betcha!

http://lowmanx.com
lowman_x
Minibot
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Poor WFC doesn't fit in anywhere. Has to eat his lunch with the janitor at school.


Aligned is a about as much of a mess as G1 was. WfC/FoC, Exodus/Exiles, and TFP all barely fit in with each other. I'll chalk it up to miscommunication, the people working on all three pieces not working together. They've only recently been patching it all together, like Ratchet retelling bits of Exodus in TFP, or FoC Cliffjumper integrating parts of his TFP design.


The only way they could get everything to work is if Hasbro sweeps everything aside and starts over at ground zero; they would then have to actively monitor all media regarding their property which is something they've never wanted to do.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3533
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
lowman_x wrote:I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.


If it was a prequel to G1, then the developers skipped a loooot of episodes. Like Fire in the Sky, War Dawn, The Key to Vector Sigma, etc.

Also, Matt Tieger is a pathological liar. So even if he said WfC was meant to be a prequel to G1, he also said a lot of things that never came to pass.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
lowman_x wrote:I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.


If it was a prequel to G1, then the developers skipped a loooot of episodes. Like Fire in the Sky, War Dawn, The Key to Vector Sigma, etc.

Also, Matt Tieger is a pathological liar. So even if he said WfC was meant to be a prequel to G1, he also said a lot of things that never came to pass.


Tell us how you really feel about Matt Tieger Shadowman.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3533
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
lowman_x wrote:I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.


If it was a prequel to G1, then the developers skipped a loooot of episodes. Like Fire in the Sky, War Dawn, The Key to Vector Sigma, etc.

Also, Matt Tieger is a pathological liar. So even if he said WfC was meant to be a prequel to G1, he also said a lot of things that never came to pass.


Tell us how you really feel about Matt Tieger Shadowman.


All in all, no matter what anyone at High Moon says, I won't believe it until I actually play the game.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby lowman_x » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Shadowman wrote:
lowman_x wrote:I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.


If it was a prequel to G1, then the developers skipped a loooot of episodes. Like Fire in the Sky, War Dawn, The Key to Vector Sigma, etc.

Also, Matt Tieger is a pathological liar. So even if he said WfC was meant to be a prequel to G1, he also said a lot of things that never came to pass.



I meant that it was probably a re-booting/imagining of the G1 continuity (ala IDW "-ation" series) which would mean: same characters, same general history, but not tied down to anything specific (cartoon episodes, comic storylines, etc).
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."

Website? You betcha!

http://lowmanx.com
lowman_x
Minibot
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
lowman_x wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
lowman_x wrote:I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.


If it was a prequel to G1, then the developers skipped a loooot of episodes. Like Fire in the Sky, War Dawn, The Key to Vector Sigma, etc.

Also, Matt Tieger is a pathological liar. So even if he said WfC was meant to be a prequel to G1, he also said a lot of things that never came to pass.



I meant that it was probably a re-booting/imagining of the G1 continuity (ala IDW "-ation" series) which would mean: same characters, same general history, but not tied down to anything specific (cartoon episodes, comic storylines, etc).


In which case they may as well just call it a new continuity altogether. Animated was the same way, the designs were much closer to G1, and they loved tossing out homages. Hell, the first shots of the show were re-used G1 footage! But no one calls it a new version of G1.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Marvel G1 Comics, they were on the ark with the other Autobots and awoken by teletran-1 to stop Shockwave.
Yet ,this take place on Cybertron still and the Dinobots already have their dino altmodes, which the Marvel G1 versions didn't get until arriving on Earth.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Poor WFC doesn't fit in anywhere. Has to eat his lunch with the janitor at school.
It fits with Prime, more or less.

Shadowman wrote:Aligned is a about as much of a mess as G1 was. WfC/FoC, Exodus/Exiles, and TFP all barely fit in with each other. I'll chalk it up to miscommunication, the people working on all three pieces not working together. They've only recently been patching it all together, like Ratchet retelling bits of Exodus in TFP, or FoC Cliffjumper integrating parts of his TFP design.
I wouldn't necessarily say "barely". The mai nreason it's hard to see them fit together is due to people not wanting to. ;)

lowman_x wrote:It definitely feels like putting WFC within the TF:Prime continuity was an after thought. I remember reading promo material about WFC (well before TF Prime had even been mentioned) saying how we would, for the first time, get the true history of the Transformers before they came to Earth. We would get the chance to experience the TF civil war. It all alluded to being the beginnings of the G1 continuity.
Those are some pretty vague word if they didn't specify G1.

Plus, this interview with Matt Tieger and Aaron Archer from 12/18/2009 (a whole six months before WFC was released), it was said that the game would serve as the foundation of and the start of "the latest, and possibly last, Generation."

lowman_x wrote:I also don't believe that the character designs were just meant to be homages to G1 characters - I honestly believe that this was meant to be an updated retelling of the G1 continuity (like IDW did with the "-ation" series) and that's what the designers went into the game basing it on - "We're doing G1! Booyah!".
But like shaodwman said, several designs from Animated were more G1-esque than those of WFC, yet we don't consider animated to be a re-imagining of G1.

lowman_x wrote:THEN I think Hasbro came in (after the game had started to be made)and went: "Well, we're starting a new continuity called TF: Prime which is kinda a cross of Bayverse, G1 and a bit of Animated and we really want to market that... so... we're going to say that everything from here on out is in that continuity. Oh, and that game you've been working on and obviously basing on G1? Yeah, that's now Prime continuity too. Anyone got a sturdy shoehorn? You're gonna need it. Any sequels? Yeah, you're gonna have to start throwing in obvious TF; Prime stuff for those." (Like Cliffjumper's head design in the latest promo stuff.)

I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
I'd think they would be a little more professional than that. The reason for all the diversities is due to Hasbro giving enough leeway to serve the stories of each.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17976
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby SirSoundwaveIV » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:12 am

Motto: "Wreck And Rock"
Weapon: Double-Barrelled Air-Compressor Cannon
:BANG_HEAD:

Why do people CONSTANTLY deny WFC is part of (and the base of) the aligned continuity? Even the videos they ran of it at gamestops mentioned that WFC was going to be the base of the Aligned continuity. (they didn't specify it was aligned obv. but they did specify the new continuity gig)

Just :BOOM:
SirSoundwaveIV
Minibot
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby BLUDGEON » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 am

lowman_x wrote:It definitely feels like putting WFC within the TF:Prime continuity was an after thought. I remember reading promo material about WFC (well before TF Prime had even been mentioned) saying how we would, for the first time, get the true history of the Transformers before they came to Earth. We would get the chance to experience the TF civil war. It all alluded to being the beginnings of the G1 continuity. I also don't believe that the character designs were just meant to be homages to G1 characters - I honestly believe that this was meant to be an updated retelling of the G1 continuity (like IDW did with the "-ation" series) and that's what the designers went into the game basing it on - "We're doing G1! Booyah!".

THEN I think Hasbro came in (after the game had started to be made)and went: "Well, we're starting a new continuity called TF: Prime which is kinda a cross of Bayverse, G1 and a bit of Animated and we really want to market that... so... we're going to say that everything from here on out is in that continuity. Oh, and that game you've been working on and obviously basing on G1? Yeah, that's now Prime continuity too. Anyone got a sturdy shoehorn? You're gonna need it. Any sequels? Yeah, you're gonna have to start throwing in obvious TF; Prime stuff for those." (Like Cliffjumper's head design in the latest promo stuff.)


Agreed, thats what I pretty much thought when I heard about it being linked to TF Prime. I dont know why they couldn't just let it be its own thing. It would have allowed them to make another seperate toy line. They probably think kids might get confused. I think they underestimate children..
I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
BLUDGEON
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:49 pm

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby BLUDGEON » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am

lowman_x wrote:It definitely feels like putting WFC within the TF:Prime continuity was an after thought. I remember reading promo material about WFC (well before TF Prime had even been mentioned) saying how we would, for the first time, get the true history of the Transformers before they came to Earth. We would get the chance to experience the TF civil war. It all alluded to being the beginnings of the G1 continuity. I also don't believe that the character designs were just meant to be homages to G1 characters - I honestly believe that this was meant to be an updated retelling of the G1 continuity (like IDW did with the "-ation" series) and that's what the designers went into the game basing it on - "We're doing G1! Booyah!".

THEN I think Hasbro came in (after the game had started to be made)and went: "Well, we're starting a new continuity called TF: Prime which is kinda a cross of Bayverse, G1 and a bit of Animated and we really want to market that... so... we're going to say that everything from here on out is in that continuity. Oh, and that game you've been working on and obviously basing on G1? Yeah, that's now Prime continuity too. Anyone got a sturdy shoehorn? You're gonna need it. Any sequels? Yeah, you're gonna have to start throwing in obvious TF; Prime stuff for those." (Like Cliffjumper's head design in the latest promo stuff.)


Agreed, thats what I pretty much thought when I heard about it being linked to TF Prime. I dont know why they couldn't just let it be its own thing. It would have allowed them to make another seperate toy line. They probably think kids might get confused. I think they underestimate children..
I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
BLUDGEON
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:49 pm

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:32 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
BLUDGEON wrote:Agreed, thats what I pretty much thought when I heard about it being linked to TF Prime. I dont know why they couldn't just let it be its own thing. It would have allowed them to make another seperate toy line. They probably think kids might get confused. I think they underestimate children..
I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
Aside from the homages to G1, what surefire evidence do we have to say that it was originally intended to be a G1 game, exactly?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17976
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Wigglez » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
BLUDGEON wrote:Agreed, thats what I pretty much thought when I heard about it being linked to TF Prime. I dont know why they couldn't just let it be its own thing. It would have allowed them to make another seperate toy line. They probably think kids might get confused. I think they underestimate children..
I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
Aside from the homages to G1, what surefire evidence do we have to say that it was originally intended to be a G1 game, exactly?

All the interview videos with Tieger about WFC
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
wigglez323 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
BLUDGEON wrote:Agreed, thats what I pretty much thought when I heard about it being linked to TF Prime. I dont know why they couldn't just let it be its own thing. It would have allowed them to make another seperate toy line. They probably think kids might get confused. I think they underestimate children..
I think that's where the main confusion is coming from because, even though we're being told the game is not G1 continuity, I think it's obvious enough that it was originally meant to be.
Aside from the homages to G1, what surefire evidence do we have to say that it was originally intended to be a G1 game, exactly?

All the interview videos with Tieger about WFC
Lemme see.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17976
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
wigglez323 wrote:All the interview videos with Tieger about WFC


That's no reason to assume it was true.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29041
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Wigglez » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
wigglez323 wrote:All the interview videos with Tieger about WFC


That's no reason to assume it was true.

Yeah. It's kinda clear that there was some false advertising in there. Especially the customizations on multiplayer
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby El Duque » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
gameinformer has posted a couple of interviews with Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game director Matt Tieger. Click here to view the interviews.

Matt Tieger has to direct Optimus Prime. He has to direct the player's experience and he has to direct High Moon Studios as they work on Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. While technically a sequel to 2010's War for Cybertron, due to some radical changes in story structure and gameplay, Matt Tieger prefers to call Fall of Cybertron a spiritual successor. We had a chance to sit down the game's director to talk about his history in the gaming industry and what it is like to be a key player in one of the largest franchises in entertainment.


Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014