Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Wigglez » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman, you're thinking way off. Of coarse it's going to be even between the teams. I'm not saying I should be able to build a gun that blows the other team away with just one shot. I'm just saying we should build our own guns inside out on how it shoots, what it looks like, and so on. And wasting your time just trying to figure out what gun someone has is suicide. You figure it out while dodging bullets and go build a tactic on how to take him out.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
wigglez323 wrote:Shadowman, you're thinking way off. Of coarse it's going to be even between the teams. I'm not saying I should be able to build a gun that blows the other team away with just one shot. I'm just saying we should build our own guns inside out on how it shoots, what it looks like, and so on.


I'm not sure why you're bringing this up, since I never said any of that.

wigglez323 wrote:And wasting your time just trying to figure out what gun someone has is suicide. You figure it out while dodging bullets and go build a tactic on how to take him out.


And rushing an enemy using a weapon you don't recognize, or waiting for them to shoot you is also suicide.

I know Valve agrees with me, at least. They specifically design everything to be easily and instantly recognizable, Team Fortress 2 in particular. I guess that's what I'm using as an example. They made everything so distinct that you can easily see an enemy's team, class, and weapon at a glance. I can predict my chances against an opponent before anyone fires a shot, then act accordingly based on my class and load out.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:And rushing an enemy using a weapon you don't recognize, or waiting for them to shoot you is also suicide.


Suicide if you can't adapt. So what do you do about vehicle mode bots? just never pursue them because you don't know what gun they're going to have when they transform? What about the fact that any player on a killstreak can out of nowhere summon the POKE, or the saved up fusion nucleon shock cannon. Adapting is the name of the game.
Last edited by MINDVVIPE on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Shadowman wrote:And rushing an enemy using a weapon you don't recognize, or waiting for them to shoot you is also suicide.


Suicide if you can't adapt. So what do you do about vehicle mode bots? just never pursue them because you don't know what gun they're going to have when they transform? What about the fact that any player on a killstreak can out of nowhere summon the POKE, or the saved up fusion cannon. Adapting is the name of the game.


Vehicle modes will use one of two weapons, both of which are highly predictable, so when an enemy transforms I make a plan around assuming they'll use the more powerful of the two. POKE has a distinct appearance, so I can see what it is and make a plan (IE Run like hell) before they have a chance to use it which is, by the way, my entire point this whole time, thanks for giving me ammo there.

Adapting is the name of a game. My game is perception; figuring out an enemy's skills and weapons before they've had a chance to use them. Try it some time, it'll serve you much better than rushing in blindly.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:Vehicle modes will use one of two weapons, both of which are highly predictable, so when an enemy transforms I make a plan around assuming they'll use the more powerful of the two. POKE has a distinct appearance, so I can see what it is and make a plan (IE Run like hell) before they have a chance to use it which is, by the way, my entire point this whole time, thanks for giving me ammo there.

Adapting is the name of a game. My game is perception; figuring out an enemy's skills and weapons before they've had a chance to use them. Try it some time, it'll serve you much better than rushing in blindly.


The more powerful of the 2? I have seen fusion cannon users (earlier, when I mentioned fusion cannon, I really meant the huge gun that makes you move slowly) suck, and I've taken them down with a few shots with the battle pistol, so you obviously can't sum up the danger of the gun unless you've had some time in combat with the enemy to asses their skill.
POKE is distinctive, but when the player has an assault rifle which you deem weak, you go in close. BOOM, he executes poke, it's too late, and your dead, since you're poor at adapting.
Adapting is obviously part of the entire scheme, including using all of your appropriate senses, but it is the key factor that can turn a defeat into victory... The battlefield changes constantly; assuming what you know from far away will hold true to the end will lead to death. Stop assuming (in-game, and on forums regarding the expertise of other gamers), it'll serve you better in life.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Vehicle modes will use one of two weapons, both of which are highly predictable, so when an enemy transforms I make a plan around assuming they'll use the more powerful of the two. POKE has a distinct appearance, so I can see what it is and make a plan (IE Run like hell) before they have a chance to use it which is, by the way, my entire point this whole time, thanks for giving me ammo there.

Adapting is the name of a game. My game is perception; figuring out an enemy's skills and weapons before they've had a chance to use them. Try it some time, it'll serve you much better than rushing in blindly.


The more powerful of the 2? I have seen fusion cannon users (earlier, when I mentioned fusion cannon, I really meant the huge gun that makes you move slowly) suck, and I've taken them down with a few shots with the battle pistol, so you obviously can't sum up the danger of the gun unless you've had some time in combat with the enemy to asses their skill.


Okay, fun fact: Vehicle modes have at most, two weapons. In fact, only jets have two weapons, every other vehicle has one. The more powerful of the two is the missiles with lock-on, which can kill a scientist in two good shots, and requires no aiming ability at all. Even firing without lock-on, it still comes with splash damage. As opposed to the spray-and-pray machine guns.

That said, assumptions are the best way to form a strategy. Yes, that Nucleon Shock Cannon user may have sucked, but what if he didn't? You don't plan around the idea that your opponent might suck, or that you have to get killed a few times to realize he doesn't. You go in thinking your opponent is God Himself and you need to give it your all and then some to win.

MINDVVIPE wrote:POKE is distinctive, but when the player has an assault rifle which you deem weak, you go in close. BOOM, he executes poke, it's too late, and your dead, since you're poor at adapting.


You're making an awful lot of assumptions here. Like, you're assuming I deemed the assault rifle weak. I didn't. I've never cared for it, though. I prefer the EMP shotgun, which can two-shot most opponents, or the Ion Cannon which is basically a slightly larger Assault Rifle.

Second, you're assuming I'm poor at adapting, which is weird because I don't recall ever playing alongside you. At anything. Ever.

Finally, POKE takes a moment to activate, and it's announced quite loudly. So I'd launch a desperation move (IE, empty my weapon into him, backpedaling if possible) in a hope to take him down before he could take me down. Transforming to escape is useless at that point; it's takes too long and POKE allows the enemy to move faster, so there would be no point.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Adapting is obviously part of the entire scheme, including using all of your appropriate senses, but it is the key factor that can turn a defeat into victory... The battlefield changes constantly; assuming what you know from far away will hold true to the end will lead to death.


Thank you for telling me what I already know. But you skipped a part, the other part of the entire scheme: Knowing what you're getting into a fight with. And unless you have the reflexes of Spider-Man, trying to adapt while a bullet is coming at you is damn near impossible.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Stop assuming (in-game, and on forums regarding the expertise of other gamers), it'll serve you better in life.


The irony of it all is that your post is littered with assumptions about me. Which I find hilarious.

Back on topic: I really don't like the idea of customizable weapons. Unless it's something minor, like attachments or some such thing. Keep the basic appearance in tact, but with added or slightly altered bits, but the weapons are still clearly identifiable. Because a guy comes at you with a heal ray, you drop your guard, thinking it's just a heal ray and you can--oh, wait, it's just a disguised Fusion Cannon and he wrecks you with it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
So much misunderstanding here. I wasn't saying you don't adapt, I was speaking generally. I also didn't assume anything about you, I was stating the fact that no one really knows anything about their enemy until they engage and see how they move and their accuracy. OBVIOUSLY you give it your all each time. I didn't mean YOU assumed the assault rifle is weak, I was using examples.You also just told me you might drop your guard if you saw someone with a heal ray... so much for assuming each enemy is god. I don't make any assumptions about the enemy, coz even with a health ray, add a shockwave ability, add a drain ability, and suddenly the health ray is enough. You don't need to die a few times, but you atleast need to begin exchanging fire and observing how your enemy reacts to your own behaviour (you can play weakly and defensively only to let their confidence rise, and then take advantage of that). You plan strategies on what you know for sure (tank class, already damaged, whatever ability is being used), the rest you asses as you go.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Angelsky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 am

Motto: "When all else fails, hug a Cybertronian!"
Weapon: Sword
YAYYYYY!!!! I'VE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS!!! I'M GETTING THAT GAME THE DAY IT COMES TO STORES!!! YAHOO!!! and from what I've heard/read in the internet, it's supposed to be REALLY good!!!

Bumblebee imitation ROTF: I'm so excited! *snaps fingers along* :grin:
-Angelsky
User avatar
Angelsky
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:14 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Wigglez » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:12 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Any word on multiplayer details yet?
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
wigglez323 wrote:Any word on multiplayer details yet?
I'm sure Game Informer covered something during their month-long coverage.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17972
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sparkstalker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 am

So judging from the poster art on page one pre G1 Transformers have already seen dinosaurs centuries before they ever came to earth?
Its one thing to make up a separate universe but if your going to masquarade as being part of G1 how about not crapping all over the original plot points and storylines.

High Moon are clearly not genuine original fans. Anyone can buy a couple of "off the shelf" Transformers to decorate their studio to fool fanboys into thinking they are legit.

Tell you what, just take what was written on the tech specs in the 80"S and use that as your universe. Back then things actually had to make sense before they stole off with your money.

The hard work was all done back then before everything turned "throw away society", so why can't we tapp into that to enrich the current experience?

PS. High Moon stop re writing characters backstories that already exist.

I'm not touching this game if it has the same lack of "host migration" support.
Who am I kidding? You couldn't force me to buy another High Moon game.

I know its easy for everyone to get excited about a new game, we all want each new game to be the best that it can be but there is little use everyone blindly singing their praises when a few months down the track the same people have abandoned the game because of lack of depth.

Still plenty of people on ROTF, I think some have realised that TF2 was the peak in the franchise's history both the movies and games and things will never be as excessive or excellent again.
Sparkstalker
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:00 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sparkstalker wrote:So judging from the poster art on page one pre G1 Transformers have already seen dinosaurs centuries before they ever came to earth?


1. They aren't pre-G1 Transformers. You'd think the Dinobots would have made that clear by now. Hell, I thought Air Raid and Silverbolt would have made it clear.

2. In G1 continuity, the Autobots had been on Earth for far more than a few centuries. The Ark is shown sitting in it's volcano while humans were still in ape-form.

3. They also saw trucks and jets and tanks before coming to Earth. And Spiders, and Bumblebees, and Dinosaurs, if Trypticon is anything to go by.

Sparkstalker wrote:Its one thing to make up a separate universe but if your going to masquarade as being part of G1 how about not crapping all over the original plot points and storylines.


It's not G1, we figured this one pretty quickly. The Dinobots are basically the final piece of evidence. Even if they said it was in G1, they haven't said anything since.

Also, G1 had a tendency to crap all over the original plot points and storylines. Compare Cartoon G1 to comics G1. Any comics G1, really, there's tons to choose from.

Sparkstalker wrote:Tell you what, just take what was written on the tech specs in the 80"S and use that as your universe. Back then things actually had to make sense before they stole off with your money.


Why should they do that when no one else did? Tech Spec Bios were abridged versions of bios written by Marvel and Budiansky, and most of them were quickly ignored. (Shockwave is a notable example, his bio pegs him as a logic-fueled Starscream but in the cartoon he's anything but)

Sparkstalker wrote:The hard work was all done back then before everything turned "throw away society", so why can't we tapp into that to enrich the current experience?


I actually don't know what this means.

Sparkstalker wrote:PS. High Moon stop re writing characters backstories that already exist.


Yeah, don't be like every other writer in the history of Transformers and create your own continuity and characterization, High Moon, just rehash the stuff we've seen a million times before!

Sparkstalker wrote:I know its easy for everyone to get excited about a new game, we all want each new game to be the best that it can be but there is little use everyone blindly singing their praises when a few months down the track the same people have abandoned the game because of lack of depth.


No idea what this has to do with anything. WfC ended up being abandoned, sure, but unless you have a crystal ball or a time machine you can't really be certain the same will happen to FoC.

Sparkstalker wrote:Still plenty of people on ROTF, I think some have realised that TF2 was the peak in the franchise's history both the movies and games and things will never be as excessive or excellent again.


Ah, you should avoid calling it TF2. There's already a much more successful game with that name.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
pssh rotf the game sucks giant mahonays. I stil play WFC on PC, I have far from abadoned it, and I am still able to find new opponents online all the time, even if it takes just a little more time on a weekday night.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
MINDVVIPE wrote:pssh rotf the game sucks giant mahonays. I stil play WFC on PC, I have far from abadoned it, and I am still able to find new opponents online all the time, even if it takes just a little more time on a weekday night.


I played WFC multiplayer yesterday. I forgot how much I hated it. ROTF FTW!
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4139
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sparkstalker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm

I've just heard alot of propaganda coming out of High Moon about it being "cannon" and everyone seems to be lapping it up.
And yes they did claim it was supposed to be pre G1 they have just hammed it up by thinking they can rewrite everything better.

Let me explain the part you say you don't understand.

The human race used to represent quality over quantity, not anymore. Even the cartoon had a more logical plot then the movies. Things are made ultra cheap these days. Video games have become an exercise in putting out any old crap year after year and people will buy it thinking it will be all that the last game wasn't, but they never are.

I don't need to have a crystal ball to work out that the same thing is going to happen being that its by the same company, will have the same shallow gameplay mechanics, will be modeled after the generic COD load screens and won't support host migration like the last two games they made.

Seriously, you guys even play ROTF? It's FAR, FAR bigger then DOTM, both the single and the multiplayer. But you guys are quite happy paying $14 for one multiplayer DOTM sideswipe? Which still doesn't make it even close to a full game.
Thats a pretty good way to gauge their potential for success. Two movie games, one made by Luxoflux one made by High Moon. Enough said.

Sorry but when I think TF I think Transformers. This is a Transformer website right?

I was under the assumption that most TF fans just want an actual G1 game. Not a rehash, not reinvented, god only knows they do that every other year already. Their was the Japan only one back in the day but we need something easily accessable and usable in todays day and age. When do loyal fans get the basic "bread and butter?"
Never because some ass gets hold of the rights and says "I'm going to change it to suit me."

1. They aren't pre-G1 Transformers. You'd think the Dinobots would have made that clear by now. Hell, I thought Air Raid and Silverbolt would have made it clear.

2. In G1 continuity, the Autobots had been on Earth for far more than a few centuries. The Ark is shown sitting in it's volcano while humans were still in ape-form.

3. They also saw trucks and jets and tanks before coming to Earth. And Spiders, and Bumblebees, and Dinosaurs, if Trypticon is anything to go by.



I don't get what your driving at here? Are you referring to WFC or the G1 cartoon?

I never saw any trucks on the first episode on Cybertron? It's not unlikely that they also discovered the wheel anyhow. Their robot representation looked the same so children would not be confused by the entire cast changing appearance in the first episode. But their alternate forms were hover vehicles.

Trypticon? You must be referring to WFC? Well even though he was created during the cartoon on earth I can accept him because he looks like no dinosaur I know. I just consider him a monster. You can have monsters in pre G1 continuinity but not dinosaurs.

Yep Air Raid and Silverbolt I see as a giant lack of effort and imagination on the part of those who chose them to be in the game being that its in plot conflict AGAIN, plus they re wrote their bios. Remember when we found out they were going to be in the game they were forcing "cannon" propaganda down our throats. I guess they tripped themselves up on that one.

Why should they do that when no one else did? Tech Spec Bios were abridged versions of bios written by Marvel and Budiansky, and most of them were quickly ignored. (Shockwave is a notable example, his bio pegs him as a logic-fueled Starscream but in the cartoon he's anything but)


Because they are a vast improvement on the lack of imagination and detail we get these days. Turn arounnd is to quick these days to get anything decent so why not use the vast library of data the TF universe has already amassed?
You don't take the mistakes and obvious omissions that leaves the other 99% that works.
Sparkstalker
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sparkstalker wrote:Words


I don't think the human race was really ever about either quality or quantity. It was always about turning a dime, and that can be done both ways depending on your strategy. As for the game not being exactly like G1, its still a lot better than the bayverse. Dotm might not be as good as WFC, but they are both much less about exactly what you are ranting about, which is quantity over quality. They're movie tie-ins. The sign of this is so clear just by playing it. But I don't care to argue about it, since we can probably go on for forever when it really all just boils down to opinion. One less player on FoC; big whoop. All your posts are about how much ROTF is better than the other games... is that all you care about?
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sparkstalker wrote:I've just heard alot of propaganda coming out of High Moon about it being "cannon" and everyone seems to be lapping it up.
And yes they did claim it was supposed to be pre G1 they have just hammed it up by thinking they can rewrite everything better.


And when exactly was the last time they said it was pre-G1? Oh, right, just before Hasbro said otherwise, and then not a word about it since the establishment of the Aligned Continuity.

Sparkstalker wrote:Even the cartoon had a more logical plot then the movies.


Which cartoon? Surely you aren't referring to G1? Because G1 didn't have plot. Beast Wars, sure. But not G1.

Sparkstalker wrote:I don't need to have a crystal ball to work out that the same thing is going to happen being that its by the same company, will have the same shallow gameplay mechanics, will be modeled after the generic COD load screens and won't support host migration like the last two games they made.


You don't play a lot of video games, do you? Same developer does not equal same game. Compare Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, and Dragon Age, and The Old Republic. Five extremely different games all from the same developer.

Hell, compare Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2. Similar in many regards but the gameplay is strikingly different. Mass Effect 3 is reported to change the gameplay even more.

Sparkstalker wrote:Seriously, you guys even play ROTF?


No, as a rule I try to avoid tie-in games.

Sparkstalker wrote:Sorry but when I think TF I think Transformers. This is a Transformer website right?


Yeah, that's why we're talking about Transformers right now. But when you say "TF2" most gamers tend to think "Team Fortress 2."

Sparkstalker wrote:I was under the assumption that most TF fans just want an actual G1 game.


You assumed wrong.

Sparkstalker wrote:Never because some ass gets hold of the rights and says "I'm going to change it to suit me."


Uh, yeah. That's how the franchise evolves. Innovation requires change.

Sparkstalker wrote:
1. They aren't pre-G1 Transformers. You'd think the Dinobots would have made that clear by now. Hell, I thought Air Raid and Silverbolt would have made it clear.

2. In G1 continuity, the Autobots had been on Earth for far more than a few centuries. The Ark is shown sitting in it's volcano while humans were still in ape-form.

3. They also saw trucks and jets and tanks before coming to Earth. And Spiders, and Bumblebees, and Dinosaurs, if Trypticon is anything to go by.



I don't get what your driving at here? Are you referring to WFC or the G1 cartoon?


I'm comparing Aligned (WfC, Exiles, Exodus, FoC, and TF:Prime) to G1.

Sparkstalker wrote:Trypticon? You must be referring to WFC? Well even though he was created during the cartoon on earth I can accept him because he looks like no dinosaur I know. I just consider him a monster. You can have monsters in pre G1 continuinity but not dinosaurs.


Oh he is SO a dinosaur. Also, in the Aligned Continuity (The continuity WfC is officially part of) he was a result of a series of experiments from Shockwave, turning the space station from the first mission into a sentient Transformer.

Sparkstalker wrote:
Why should they do that when no one else did? Tech Spec Bios were abridged versions of bios written by Marvel and Budiansky, and most of them were quickly ignored. (Shockwave is a notable example, his bio pegs him as a logic-fueled Starscream but in the cartoon he's anything but)


Because they are a vast improvement on the lack of imagination and detail we get these days. Turn arounnd is to quick these days to get anything decent so why not use the vast library of data the TF universe has already amassed?
You don't take the mistakes and obvious omissions that leaves the other 99% that works.


So what you're is saying it's unimaginative that they created new bios and back stories--that they made something new--instead of reusing older works?

It's like you're not even trying.

MINDVVIPE wrote:All your posts are about how much ROTF is better than the other games... is that all you care about?


His posts are also about how they-GASP--changed something from G1! Also that he still thinks WfC is part of G1 canon and not Aligned, which we were told about before WfC came out.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Sweet Jesus, that trailer was awesome!!!!

Friggin' Bruticus! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6294
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Down_Shift wrote:Sweet Jesus, that trailer was awesome!!!!

Friggin' Bruticus! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
What are you talking about, man? :???:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17972
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby LadyBug » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 pm

User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
LadyBug wrote:Full trailer!

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game- ... ers/ul8dqy

I can't wait~!
:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy slaggin' COW!!! Why was this not news'd?!!!

Grimlock is BEAST!

And, oh my goodness, BRUTICUS MAXIMUS!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17972
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
LadyBug wrote:Full trailer!

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game- ... ers/ul8dqy

I can't wait~!


Yow. That does look impressive. I still hate Prime's new design, especially the face, and Megatron's face while we're at it. (It's the nose, I think) Starscream, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Jazz appear pretty much unchanged, though, that's cool. Grimlock and Bruticus, though, look amazing.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:Yow. That does look impressive. I still hate Prime's new design, especially the face, and Megatron's face while we're at it. (It's the nose, I think) Starscream, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Jazz appear pretty much unchanged, though, that's cool. Grimlock and Bruticus, though, look amazing.
Grimlock's different too.

But, they better give reasons for Optimus' and Megatron's new bodies. I hate having to "just assume they did it off screen." That's boring and lazy.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17972
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby GetRightRobot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Front paged. Thanks to everyone who submitted this. OH MY GOD. Bruticus.... I'm, I mean... wow.
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron 2: The Fall of Cybertron Revealed

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Yow. That does look impressive. I still hate Prime's new design, especially the face, and Megatron's face while we're at it. (It's the nose, I think) Starscream, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Jazz appear pretty much unchanged, though, that's cool. Grimlock and Bruticus, though, look amazing.
Grimlock's different too.


Well, yeah, but I keep forgetting there were other versions of WfC and he was in them.

Sabrblade wrote:But, they better give reasons for Optimus' and Megatron's new bodies. I hate having to "just assume they did it off screen." That's boring and lazy.


Megatron's is a bit too heavy on the lighting for my taste but from the neck down, he's otherwise fine. I loved both his and Prime's designs in WfC, though, probably my favorite designs for the both of them.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29034
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014