Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Shockwave Superior » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

PRIME MODE HELP !!!


im a prime and im proud of it but something is bothering me. i usually get an average of 5000-8000 points but thats not the problem.

you see lets say im a leader. and i get 6000 exp.
well, my leader will end up getting 5000 xp and my scout soilder and scientist will get 250 xp even tho i never played with them. some times i get 2000 xp each.i'm a level 9 sceintist and I NEVER PLAYED AS HIM YET !!! is this normal or am i just lucky as f**k ?
Shockwave Superior
Minibot
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Artakha Prime » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:07 am

Weapon: Venom Blaster
That also have occured for me. I don`t really think it`s a glitch or anything, but rather a prize, so that you don`T have to screw around with a Soldier, when you really master the Leader.


Myself have both Prime Mode, AND my characters are on 25, so XP is no care for me. Only things that means something in the XP events are the uprise of players. More to kill...
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Shockwave Superior » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Artakha Prime wrote:That also have occured for me. I don`t really think it`s a glitch or anything, but rather a prize, so that you don`T have to screw around with a Soldier, when you really master the Leader.


Myself have both Prime Mode, AND my characters are on 25, so XP is no care for me. Only things that means something in the XP events are the uprise of players. More to kill...



Well yea but the problem is if i level up by the xp i never earned, my abilitys will always say NEW ABILITYS UNLOCKED but wen i check nothin is there. pretty wierd.
Shockwave Superior
Minibot
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Can someone Please explain to me the use of the Leaders Frag Launcher weapon. When I see other use it they fire it and the "frags" automatically explode on contact, yet whenever I use it, the "frags" just sit there stuck to what/whomever meanwhile the opponent is shooting me with my frags just stuck to them. How do you make them go off?
This has been blowing my mind for sometime now.
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
NiteStar wrote:Can someone Please explain to me the use of the Leaders Frag Launcher weapon. When I see other use it they fire it and the "frags" automatically explode on contact, yet whenever I use it, the "frags" just sit there stuck to what/whomever meanwhile the opponent is shooting me with my frags just stuck to them. How do you make them go off?
This has been blowing my mind for sometime now.


Hit L1, if you're on PS3. I dunno about 360 or PC, though. They're probably not being set off "Automatically," they're just hitting the "blow 'em up" button as soon as they see the shot hit.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28901
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Artakha Prime » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 am

Weapon: Venom Blaster
Can somebody here guide me in how to tape one of my matches, and put it on YouTube?
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
NiteStar wrote:Can someone Please explain to me the use of the Leaders Frag Launcher weapon. When I see other use it they fire it and the "frags" automatically explode on contact, yet whenever I use it, the "frags" just sit there stuck to what/whomever meanwhile the opponent is shooting me with my frags just stuck to them. How do you make them go off?
This has been blowing my mind for sometime now.


Hit L1, if you're on PS3. I dunno about 360 or PC, though. They're probably not being set off "Automatically," they're just hitting the "blow 'em up" button as soon as they see the shot hit.


Ohhh ok, yeah it is an L1 thing. why don't they say that? or where is it described? Were just suppose to know. And is it just me or don't you think the booklets that come inside games should have more info like that? Games never provide that kind of info in the books.
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Artakha Prime » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 am

Weapon: Venom Blaster
NiteStar wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
NiteStar wrote:Can someone Please explain to me the use of the Leaders Frag Launcher weapon. When I see other use it they fire it and the "frags" automatically explode on contact, yet whenever I use it, the "frags" just sit there stuck to what/whomever meanwhile the opponent is shooting me with my frags just stuck to them. How do you make them go off?
This has been blowing my mind for sometime now.


Hit L1, if you're on PS3. I dunno about 360 or PC, though. They're probably not being set off "Automatically," they're just hitting the "blow 'em up" button as soon as they see the shot hit.


Ohhh ok, yeah it is an L1 thing. why don't they say that? or where is it described? Were just suppose to know. And is it just me or don't you think the booklets that come inside games should have more info like that? Games never provide that kind of info in the books.


You seriosuly don`t say "it doesn`t tell me how to trigger it".

Whever you FIRE a Frag off, the words "press L1 to explode" literally pop up on the screen.It also says so in the Character Design menu, when you pick weapons.

It`s YOU who doesn`t look for it proberly.
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Artakha Prime wrote:
NiteStar wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
NiteStar wrote:Can someone Please explain to me the use of the Leaders Frag Launcher weapon. When I see other use it they fire it and the "frags" automatically explode on contact, yet whenever I use it, the "frags" just sit there stuck to what/whomever meanwhile the opponent is shooting me with my frags just stuck to them. How do you make them go off?
This has been blowing my mind for sometime now.


Hit L1, if you're on PS3. I dunno about 360 or PC, though. They're probably not being set off "Automatically," they're just hitting the "blow 'em up" button as soon as they see the shot hit.


Ohhh ok, yeah it is an L1 thing. why don't they say that? or where is it described? Were just suppose to know. And is it just me or don't you think the booklets that come inside games should have more info like that? Games never provide that kind of info in the books.


You seriosuly don`t say "it doesn`t tell me how to trigger it".

Whever you FIRE a Frag off, the words "press L1 to explode" literally pop up on the screen.It also says so in the Character Design menu, when you pick weapons.

It`s YOU who doesn`t look for it proberly.


To be honest, no I never saw it said that. Plus I never really ever use the frag launcher and the few times I did I never noticed it said that but now that you tell me I do see it now. But It's like the smallest words on the screen. And in the middle of a battle when there is so much going on I can't pay attention to what it says. I almost never read anything that appears on the screen other than 3, 5 or 7 kill streak or whatever xp achievement you just made. The moment you take time read something is when you get shot down thats why I never do. But now that I know I will start making use of the frag launcher.
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Artakha Prime wrote:Can somebody here guide me in how to tape one of my matches, and put it on YouTube?


There are a number of ways to do this. You first need a device that can allow you to record audio/video to your computer.
Here are a couple links to devices that I have used before.

http://daystar-store.com/xlr8proviewusbfullscreenvideocapturepackageforusb20.aspx

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS561LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDExOA&mco=MTA4ODQ3MDQ

I use a Mac but there are some that are windows compatible too.
I currently use the Daystar (the first link) but I use Quicktime Pro to record with it cuz the recording software that it comes with kinda sucks.
The second link is good too cuz you can record in HD,I believe, if an hdmi cable is what you use,... but that one is kinda pricey$$$.
Again these are just examples of what you can use. There are all kinds of various devices.
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby DJLazer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the right of all autobot beings""
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I need help at the final guardian.That pesky omega supreme is keep launching those missiles out of his back.when ever i try dodging it it stills hits me.Help me! :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :-? :???:
Image
Death to all autobots!
(Formerly known as lazerwave217)
User avatar
DJLazer
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: Decepticon HQ
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Blurrz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
lazerwave217 wrote:I need help at the final guardian.That pesky omega supreme is keep launching those missiles out of his back.when ever i try dodging it it stills hits me.Help me! :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :-? :???:


Hide behind the barricades. Stay away from your fellow Decepticons as they serve as cannon fodder for you.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby DJLazer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the right of all autobot beings""
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Blurrz wrote:
lazerwave217 wrote:I need help at the final guardian.That pesky omega supreme is keep launching those missiles out of his back.when ever i try dodging it it stills hits me.Help me! :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :-? :???:


Hide behind the barricades. Stay away from your fellow Decepticons as they serve as cannon fodder for you.

Thanks for the advice. :D
Image
Death to all autobots!
(Formerly known as lazerwave217)
User avatar
DJLazer
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: Decepticon HQ
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby lady_katana4544 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 am

In the DS Autobot version of the War for Cybertron game, I'm on the arena game that has Ultra Magnus as the character to defeat and rescue from the dark energon.

Which characters are good for defeating him? I've gotten close to defeating him but have died each time. :BANG_HEAD: Definitely a bit frustrated.

---

Edit: Nevermind got him finally. :)
lady_katana4544
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:14 am

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Man there are so many NEW people playing right now that Mulitplayer just SUCKS now. All the teams blow hard, Nobody knows what their doing, they are all getting creamed, they are hiding and fighting when they should be capturing (Conquest) its just horrible team playing right now.

ATTENTION ALL WFC NEWBIES!!!!! CREATE YOUR OWN PRIVATE MATCHES AND LEARN THE GAME THAT WAY FIRST!

Or get off my team!!!

Sorry dont mean to sound mean but its burining me up right now. :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Pot Bot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:31 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
lazerwave217 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
lazerwave217 wrote:I need help at the final guardian.That pesky omega supreme is keep launching those missiles out of his back.when ever i try dodging it it stills hits me.Help me! :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :-? :???:


Hide behind the barricades. Stay away from your fellow Decepticons as they serve as cannon fodder for you.

Thanks for the advice. :D


I found it really easy, due to the fact that i discovered that if your megs, you can just shoot him in the back and it explodes and hurts his front.....made it so so easy even on hard......

trypticon on the other hand was so hard i nearly cried the first few times. Once Hard was completed i did go and get revenge on easy i must admit lol
User avatar
Pot Bot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Telford: UK

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby bengear » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 am

I'm wanting to think that trypticon wasn't all that rough...once you find the safe spots I want to think I didn't have much problem. I believe that during the big barrages that he throws at you you can hide under the ramps on either the left or right side and weather the storm.

It's been a while since I've played through it though..I need to restart and try it out again.
bengear
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I have a question about some of the customiztion.

1) What is Weapon Stabilizer? It says reduces the kickback when firing. I tried it out and I see no difference.

2) What is the First Aid? It says decreases health regeneration delay. What does that mean?

Does anyone know?
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
NiteStar wrote:I have a question about some of the customiztion.

1) What is Weapon Stabilizer? It says reduces the kickback when firing. I tried it out and I see no difference.


You notice when you fire your weapon, the reticule in the center widens? That's basically detailing where the bullets might go when you fire them. Weapon Stabilizer makes the reticule not widen so much, so the bullets always go where you need them to, i.e., your opponent's face.

NiteStar wrote:2) What is the First Aid? It says decreases health regeneration delay. What does that mean?

Does anyone know?


You notice how when one of your health bar segments is only partially full, it'll fill up after a short amount of time? First Aid shortens the time between taking damage, and that segment filling up.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28901
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby NiteStar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Has anyone ever noticed why in Multiplayer it will say something like "500 players currently online" and yet all the rooms are empty?
What 500 People?! Where?
Or When you try to enter a game it will say 15 players in that match/room....ok so thats 10 in one game and 5 people in the other. Yet when you try to go into that game it puts you in Creating Lobby. Why cant you play with those 5 people who need more players? I hate all that about the multiplayer. I feel like it just lies to you.
An eternal spark the roams forever.
What's the matter? You look like you've seen...a ghost.
Image
User avatar
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby Blurrz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I find most people are in Escalation. And unless you have both DLC packs, finding a multiplayer match is horrendous.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: War for Cybertron Ask/Help Thread

Postby frontline77 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 am

Motto: "Deception punk!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Blurrz wrote:I find most people are in Escalation. And unless you have both DLC packs, finding a multiplayer match is horrendous.


%100 agreed. its just too hard to find a game that's not dlc, and the total of like 200 players online doesn't help. another thing that bugged me is the loading screens. i think they just need to make the first dlc free because they've since then released annother
Image
User avatar
frontline77
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 pm
Watch frontline77 on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014