Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here
1. He could not save Optimus from Megatron in the forest battle.
2. Later he was killed by Megatron only to be revived by the Fallen's brothers.
3. Sure he used the Matrix to bring back Optimus but it was Optimus along with Jetfires parts that lead to the killing of the Fallen and the heavy damage to Megatron causing him to flee.
In DOTM they make Sam out to be this two time savior (I won't argue he was in the first film). They have him meet with Obama and sing high praise presumably at some point after ROTF.
But was he really the hero of ROTF to the point that they built him up in DOTM? I'm not so sure.
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 pm
1. What is he supposed to do? Stop Megatron's sword between his hands? Knock Optimus over to save him from being stabbed?
2, 3: Well, assuming he couldn't do anything about Prime's death, then he saved the world by alerting the autobots and U.S. forces about the Decepticons' whereabouts. Without him taking initiative to find Jetfire, he would've either been captured or turn himself in, thus allowing the Decepticons to just waltz into Egypt and activate the sun harvetster. Also, nobody would've known about the whole Egypt thing, so there would'nt have even been the army there, let alone Prime to kill The Fallen.
So yeah, he's a hero.
- Transmetal Warrior
- Posts: 807
- Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
- Strength: 6
- Speed: 6
- Endurance: 10
- Rank: ???
- Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
- Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
He made large contributions to whatever outcome needed to happen for each film. I just feel sorry for his kids.*pictures their child's 18th birthday.*
Sam:"I'd already saved the world once by time I was your age."
Daniel:"Dad...the Decepticons are all dead...so is Al-qaida thanks to the autobots...who am I supposed save world from?"
Sam:"No sacrifice ,no victory!"
Daniel:"I hate you sometimes. Let's go Hotrod, let these geezers hang out with Optimus Prime." (drives off.)
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
- Headmaster Jr
- Posts: 512
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:12 pm
- Location: The end of time...
- Strength: 6
- Intelligence: 8
- Speed: 8
- Endurance: 6
- Rank: 6
- Courage: 9
- Firepower: 8
- Skill: 6
Well then, where in the hell is Mikaela's medal? She not only captured a Decepticon, she kind of helped in convincing him to turn into an Autobot.
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 pm
Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum
Registered users: Alpha Dominus, Bing [Bot], Blastback, butterflyboy, Carnivius_Prime, Cmdr. Trailblazer, ctrlFrequency, Cyber Bishop, Decepticon Sunstorm, Desslok2201, DestinyHelix, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, itscramtastic, Mkall, Railbomb, sixsixty, tk7261, TorchWood, Va'al, VelkroPrime, weebot17, wilcosu35, WolfDawg, Yahoo [Bot], YoungPrime