Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Welker and Cullen reunited? *RUMOR*

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak, Seibertron, Counterpunch

Welker and Cullen reunited? *RUMOR*

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Welker and Cullen reunited? According to what is apparently Shia LaBeouf's Myspace they will be for the movie. The profile image shows the two together. For those that can log into myspace, the caption apparently says "frank welker and peter cullen reunite - og transformers-i took it!!!!"

Being a myspace page, take this with a grain of salt

but if true that means Welker will be the movie voice of Megatron along side Cullen as Optimus once again.

Image
Last edited by Wheeljack35 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8637
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Burn » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:10 pm

IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:24 pm

Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


QFT

he has been less then reliable thus far.
Image
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
Posts: 1099
News Credits: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:25 pm

Immortal Starscream wrote:
Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


QFT

he has been less then reliable thus far.

I shall quote that quote for truth. Does anyone remember the "Razor" jet?
Bluebullet

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


Err, what exactly is there to doubt? There's quite clearly a fairly recent picture of Welker and Cullen together.

At no point does Shia ever say 'HAI GUYS! WELKER IS PLAYING MEGS! THIS R PROOF!'

The only thing even kind of debatable about this is weither or not Shia took the picture.

And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


Err, what exactly is there to doubt? There's quite clearly a fairly recent picture of Welker and Cullen together.

At no point does Shia ever say 'HAI GUYS! WELKER IS PLAYING MEGS! THIS R PROOF!'

The only thing even kind of debatable about this is weither or not Shia took the picture.

And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.



i absolutly LOVE you posts. they always make me laugh and brighten my day.
Image
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
Posts: 1099
News Credits: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Postby Burn » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:16 pm

Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


Err, what exactly is there to doubt? There's quite clearly a fairly recent picture of Welker and Cullen together.

At no point does Shia ever say 'HAI GUYS! WELKER IS PLAYING MEGS! THIS R PROOF!'

The only thing even kind of debatable about this is weither or not Shia took the picture.

And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.


ahem.

WJ35 in his intial post when quoting from the MySpace page wrote:The profile image shows the two together. For those that can log into myspace, the caption apparently says "frank welker and peter cullen reunite - og transformers-i took it!!!!"


So ahhhh ... sounds like he is claiming they've "reunited" for the movie, so I think it's quite open to debate about whether it's Shia's MySpace and if so whether he's talking crap (as he's done in the past with this movie) or not.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 pm

Burn wrote:
WJ35 in his intial post when quoting from the MySpace page wrote:The profile image shows the two together. For those that can log into myspace, the caption apparently says "frank welker and peter cullen reunite - og transformers-i took it!!!!"


So ahhhh ... sounds like he is claiming they've "reunited" for the movie, so I think it's quite open to debate about whether it's Shia's MySpace and if so whether he's talking crap (as he's done in the past with this movie) or not.


No, no it doesn't. It sounds like exactly what he said. If you need the translation from idiot to normal person speak, here: "Frank Welker and Peter Cullen were together and I was there. I took a picture."

At NO point does he give ANY indication that this means Welker is playing Megs. There are a large number of reasons why Welker could've been there, up to and including auditioning for the part, which we know he has.

You're choosing to read things that arn't there because of a bias against Shia and his previous shinanigans.

You're jumping to conclusions about a situation when you have no where near all the information. Much like judging a movie and trying to strike up a boycott when you don't know anything genuine about the movie in question.

If YOU choose to assume something that isn't written anywhere on the page, then thats your fault. Not Shia's.
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Burn wrote:IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


Err, what exactly is there to doubt? There's quite clearly a fairly recent picture of Welker and Cullen together.

At no point does Shia ever say 'HAI GUYS! WELKER IS PLAYING MEGS! THIS R PROOF!'

The only thing even kind of debatable about this is weither or not Shia took the picture.

And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.

Shia made it SEEM like Welker has been hired. Call it drawing to conclusions, but he said they were "reunited". Why else would they reunite? And we aren't buying Shia's comment either. As I mentioned before, "The big ****ing **** 'Razor', man."

BTW, I expect you know that my "Bluebullet" character isn't Megaman. Bluebullet is blue and light green with hand mounted lasers and becomes a dragster. But that's another discussion entirely.
Bluebullet

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 pm

Bluebullet wrote: Shia made it SEEM like Welker has been hired. Call it drawing to conclusions, but he said they were "reunited". Why else would they reunite? And we aren't buying Shia's comment either. As I mentioned before, "The big ****ing **** 'Razor', man."
No, sorry, you're wrong. There is nothing in the entire blog that points to Welker being hired. When two people who have not seen eachother in a long time meet again, it's called reunitting. The two could've been together for a plethora of reasons. They could've simply been having lunch for all you know. GJ@jumping to assinine conclusions though.

BTW, I expect you know that my "Bluebullet" character isn't Megaman. Bluebullet is blue and light green with hand mounted lasers and becomes a dragster. But that's another discussion entirely.


Stop assuming everything is about you. I just hate Megaman.
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby Burn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:10 am

Archibald Witwicky wrote:No, no it doesn't. It sounds like exactly what he said. If you need the translation from idiot to normal person speak, here: "Frank Welker and Peter Cullen were together and I was there. I took a picture."


Excuse me? Just where the **** do you get off calling me an idiot?

You interpret what was said one way, I interpret it another. That does NOT make me an idiot simply because my thought patterns are different from yours.

At NO point does he give ANY indication that this means Welker is playing Megs. There are a large number of reasons why Welker could've been there, up to and including auditioning for the part, which we know he has.


I guess it's how you want to interpret "reunite". It can mean anything from getting together at an audition, to being cast together in the same movie. Considering it supposedly comes from Shia, a actor in the movie, I, and obviously others, have taken that he is meaning they're reunited for the movie, and have taken reunited as being cast together.

But I guess thinking like that would make us idiots huh? :roll:

You're choosing to read things that arn't there because of a bias against Shia and his previous shinanigans.


See previous paragraph regarding my reasonings for interpretation.

And when you're done there, go look up the story "The boy who cried wolf". Shia would fit the role of the boy perfectly.

You're jumping to conclusions about a situation when you have no where near all the information. Much like judging a movie and trying to strike up a boycott when you don't know anything genuine about the movie in question.


But in a way are you not jumping to conclusions as well?

Good thing i've never wanted to get a boycott going against a movie. Who knows what conclusions you'd jump to about me then. ;;)

If YOU choose to assume something that isn't written anywhere on the page, then thats your fault. Not Shia's.


Your interpreation ... my interpretation ... who's right? Obviously you must be because i'm simply, as you've implied, an idiot.

Therefore I conceed to you Mr Archibald Witwicky. My intellect obviously pales in comparrison to yours, much like it has pailed in comparrison to Bluebullet's every time he's tried to ram his different opinion down my throat.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Bluebullet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 am

Archibald Witwicky wrote:Stop assuming everything is about you. I just hate Megaman.

Archibald Witwicky wrote:And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.

Image
Bluebullet

Postby Fender Bender » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:52 am

Motto: "Whatever doesn't kill me will pay for it's failure."
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
I have to agree with Burn on the legitimacy of the MySpace Account. Granted, that is a pretty rare photo op right there with two legends, and it has to be pretty recent. However, that does not necessarily mean that the MySpace Account is in fact Shia's Account. This could be someone who has access to such places and also enjoys pretending to be Shia.

Still, with such skeptism, it is doubtful someone would go to such lengths. :-?
Image
We never "Swindle" you, join us at Dairycon 2014 in GLORIOUS Fond du Lac, WI!
Fender Bender
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6443
News Credits: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Spencer, WI
Buy from Fender Bender on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 am

Burn wrote:
Archibald Witwicky wrote:No, no it doesn't. It sounds like exactly what he said. If you need the translation from idiot to normal person speak, here: "Frank Welker and Peter Cullen were together and I was there. I took a picture."


Excuse me? Just where the **** do you get off calling me an idiot?

You interpret what was said one way, I interpret it another. That does NOT make me an idiot simply because my thought patterns are different from yours.
No one called you an idiot chief. Calm down and read thoroughly next time. I called the way Shia was typing idiotic.

I guess it's how you want to interpret "reunite". It can mean anything from getting together at an audition, to being cast together in the same movie. Considering it supposedly comes from Shia, a actor in the movie, I, and obviously others, have taken that he is meaning they're reunited for the movie, and have taken reunited as being cast together.
The problem here is that your logic has NOTHING to support it. You're accepting a singular possibility that is no more likely than many others simply because you WANT to. And based on this you are calling someone elses actions into question. This is baseless, sorry.

And when you're done there, go look up the story "The boy who cried wolf". Shia would fit the role of the boy perfectly.
Unfortunately, no he wouldn't.

In this case he'd be the boy who cried Wolf, then said 'BTW, wolfs exist and live in the woods.' and was then responded to by people claiming he said a wolf was attacking again.

But in a way are you not jumping to conclusions as well?
No, actually, I'm not. Saying that there are many posibilities and that one singular one is no more supported than another =/= not jumping to a conclusion.

Good thing i've never wanted to get a boycott going against a movie. Who knows what conclusions you'd jump to about me then. ;;)
Come on Burn, I know you're more intelligent than to think I was talking about you there.

Your interpreation ... my interpretation ... who's right? Obviously you must be because i'm simply, as you've implied, an idiot.


Please stop being so offended on the internet. Once again, no one called you an idiot and you're getting your panties in a twist about it.

I have to agree with Burn on the legitimacy of the MySpace Account. Granted, that is a pretty rare photo op right there with two legends, and it has to be pretty recent. However, that does not necessarily mean that the MySpace Account is in fact Shia's Account. This could be someone who has access to such places and also enjoys pretending to be Shia.


Oh, that's easily a possibility. The problem here is that Burn and others make claims that essentially state that, even if it is Shia's account, thie picture is a lie and is claiming something that IS NOT BEING CLAIMED.

IF it's Shia's Myspace page I would regard it as even less credible than if it came from any other Myspace page.


While this statement DOES call into question who's myspace it is, it also calls into question the validity of the photo. There's nothing about the photo to call into question. At no point is it stated, or even hinted at, that this means anything other than Frank Welker and Peter Cullen were in the same room at the same time somewhat recently.

Jumping to the conclusion that Shia is stating that Welker is playing Megatron, or any OTHER possibility, has no basis. There is not enough information given to form any coherant thesis. Thus, Burn is injecting his own inherant bias and wants into the thought process an coming to a spurious conclusion even though it is barely tagental to the picture in question.

No one, not the myspace site, not the picture, nor this news article(on this site or any other I've seen) ever made any claim that this picture was proof of Welker being Megatron. Infact, atleast one other site specifically mentioned that Shia never makes this claim.

In a news post that is, essentially, about a picture of two of our former hero's reuniting, discussion about Shia and his past activities is tagental to the topic at best. It'd be like Seibertron making a news post on his myspace about an upcoming TF release and me replying "Thats not Seibertron! There's no proof!"

It could theoretically be true, but it has nothing to do with the story and is a random accusation.
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Re: Welker and Cullen reunited?

Postby Leonardo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:41 am

As far as I can see, the only person who thus far has suggested Welker will be Megatron was Wheeljack35!

Wheeljack35 wrote:Being a myspace page, take this with a grain of salt but if true that means Welker will be the movie voice of Megatron along side Cullen as Optimus once again.


Burn, Archibald, I think you've both got your wires crossed. Archibald's comment about "idiot to normal speak" was about Shia (or whomever owns the MySpace), clearly not about you, Burn. All this for one photograph?
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:45 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Alright chill out guys NOW.

Wheeljack35 before you go posting things like this try to do some research about it AND since it not confirmed the word "Rumor" should be in the topic title (which I will fix right now).
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18475
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:49 am

In Wheeljack35's defence, he did put that question mark in the thread title, so no-one should read it as fact anyway.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:09 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Leonardo wrote:In Wheeljack35's defence, he did put that question mark in the thread title, so no-one should read it as fact anyway.


But you know as well as I do that even with a question mark there are those that will see it and scream OMFG WALKER AND CULLEN ARE IN THE TF MOVIE".. The "rumor" tag makes it clear for everyone.

Because it is from an alleged celeb's Myspace that is another reason it should be taken as he said "with a grain of salt".
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18475
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:14 am

Cyber Bishop wrote:But you know as well as I do that even with a question mark there are those that will see it and scream OMFG WALKER AND CULLEN ARE IN THE TF MOVIE".. The "rumor" tag makes it clear for everyone.


Boy, do I...
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Robinson » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:58 am

With all of the bickering goin on if its shia's myspace or if they are reunited or whatever, I think its funny that when you look below bluebullet's signature the lines of things he has to "clarify" just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:07 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bluebullet wrote:
Archibald Witwicky wrote:Stop assuming everything is about you. I just hate Megaman.

Archibald Witwicky wrote:And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.

Image


Well, you SAID you're not Megaman, so that obviously doesn't apply to you.

Really, man, this isn't your universe. Stop assuming it's all about you.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:15 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Archibald Witwicky wrote:Stop assuming everything is about you. I just hate Megaman.

Archibald Witwicky wrote:And if you really want to start an argument or debate over that, then you're being petty. Much like a certain Blue Bomber we all know and love.

Image


Well, you SAID you're not Megaman, so that obviously doesn't apply to you.

Really, man, this isn't your universe. Stop assuming it's all about you.


I am so glad that others can see this problem..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18475
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Shadowman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:17 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Cyber Bishop wrote:I am so glad that others can see this problem..


Are you mad? I would not like it if you were mad. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off admin.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:I am so glad that others can see this problem..


Are you mad? I would not like it if you were mad. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off admin.


Not mad, it just seems that he just keeps rubbing more and more members the wrong way every day.

I would not go into a ban frenzy, there are steps that have to be taken before bans are issued out.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18475
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Shadowman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:23 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:I am so glad that others can see this problem..


Are you mad? I would not like it if you were mad. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off admin.


Not mad, it just seems that he just keeps rubbing more and more members the wrong way every day.

I would not go into a ban frenzy, there are steps that have to be taken before bans are issued out.


I've been an admin before. I know how the game goes.

To be fair, on was admin on a board where there was ten people, and I suspect two of them were the same guy. Another two were me!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014