Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Burn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm curious ... why do you drop so much money on a bunch of figures that you have no idea what they are?
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42616
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Burn wrote:I'm curious ... why do you drop so much money on a bunch of figures that you have no idea what they are?


Didn't know what they were but knew I didn't have them and liked them the moment they came into my sight. The price seemed fair but I had no clue what or if I was getting a decent deal. Just started collecting less than a year ago and had not seen nor transformed anything since my G1 days way Back when... Now I'm up to at least over 400 Transforers and counting. This is addicting I just can't bring myself to stop, heance my screen name Transformers Hoarder...
Image
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Posts: 769
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Burn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm

See, I get where you're coming from, I was like that when I got back into things around the time Beast Machines was ending.

This was when E-Bay was pretty tame too and we didn't have to contend with KO's. So i'd spend a lot of time on E-Bay looking at figures. I wanted them all, but I did the research first and always made sure I was getting good value.

So that's my recommendation, rather than diving in, go back and do some research, don't be afraid to ask questions, and know what value to expect. Then go out and find what you want.
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42616
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Burn wrote:See, I get where you're coming from, I was like that when I got back into things around the time Beast Machines was ending.

This was when E-Bay was pretty tame too and we didn't have to contend with KO's. So i'd spend a lot of time on E-Bay looking at figures. I wanted them all, but I did the research first and always made sure I was getting good value.

So that's my recommendation, rather than diving in, go back and do some research, don't be afraid to ask questions, and know what value to expect. Then go out and find what you want.


Good advice and I do take this route as well, more often than not actually But I sometimes act like a kid in a candy store especially at these toy store specialty shops and binges like these happen from time to time. Always fun, and at a average of under $12 each I can't see getting to hurt. Hell some times I come out on top. For example I recently got a Takara version mint SkyStalker for jus $5 and a complete mint non KO Human Alliance Barricade for $20. I do come out on top from time to time.
Image
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Posts: 769
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Burn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Boxed G1 Optimus Prime, missing a couple of pieces (which I already had spare) in near mint condition, $20 with postage, not even ten years ago.

Beat that. Image
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42616
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Burn wrote:Boxed G1 Optimus Prime, missing a couple of pieces (which I already had spare) in near mint condition, $20 with postage, not even ten years ago.

Beat that. Image


Not sure if anyone could... Ever! lol
Image
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Posts: 769
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby craggy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 am

good hall (sic)
honestly, I think you did well. Most of those go for £30+ each on the secondary market here, and United Wreck Gar + a Hasbro version gives you the start of a Junkion army. Just need a Junk Heap (or whatever he was called) and a couple 3rd party add-ons and it'll be just like TFTM. Kinda jealous, tbh. Congrats!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4787
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:45 am

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
craggy wrote:good hall (sic)
honestly, I think you did well. Most of those go for £30+ each on the secondary market here, and United Wreck Gar + a Hasbro version gives you the start of a Junkion army. Just need a Junk Heap (or whatever he was called) and a couple 3rd party add-ons and it'll be just like TFTM. Kinda jealous, tbh. Congrats!


Thanks buddy, I'll keep an eye out for Junkheap.
Image
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Posts: 769
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Transformers Hoarder wrote:
Burn wrote:Boxed G1 Optimus Prime, missing a couple of pieces (which I already had spare) in near mint condition, $20 with postage, not even ten years ago.

Beat that. Image


Not sure if anyone could... Ever! lol


Promotional Micron Wedge Shape as a gift. ;) Would that count?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17252
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby RhA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:08 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Transformers Hoarder wrote:
Burn wrote:Boxed G1 Optimus Prime, missing a couple of pieces (which I already had spare) in near mint condition, $20 with postage, not even ten years ago.

Beat that. Image


Not sure if anyone could... Ever! lol


Promotional Micron Wedge Shape as a gift. ;) Would that count?


Not even close.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: Well, I did it again. I blindly spent $200 even on a hall. Some help needed.

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 am

Burn wrote:Boxed G1 Optimus Prime, missing a couple of pieces (which I already had spare) in near mint condition, $20 with postage, not even ten years ago.

Beat that. Image


That is a boss of an effort. I fold.
Breakdown 2099

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron AIR RAID   PLEASE READ POSTING - Time Remaining: 5 days 26 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers G1 Wheeljack BOX repro (empty) ko reproduction - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 10 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers RID Classics ULTRA MAGNUS Robots In Disguise 2001 Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 46 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Prime RID Ultra Magnus Figure Hasbro 2012 - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 39 minutes 48 seconds
Custom Transformers ROTF Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 25 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers RID Mini-Con Deployers Decepticon Fracture & Airazor 6" Robots New - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 43 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Autobot Drift & JetStorm New - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 13 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers G2 Blue GRIMLOCK Figure Generation Two Hasbro Dinobot - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 16 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016
Twincast / Podcast #151:
"SDCC 2016"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 24th, 2016