I know about the official discussion/review, but I thought it'd be easier to have this as its own topic...
Alright, maybe the novels, comics, and everything else that I unfortunately haven't read would clear all this up, but:
The Allspark crashes to Earth during B.C. times, after it's lost to Cybertron during the war. Megatron then comes, what, around the 1800's I thought? I need to rewatch the first movie. He apparently was going after the Allspark.
But in ROTF, we learn that the Primes were running around on Earth, before the war obviously, and the tomb of the Primes is created, the sun harvestor is buried, and The Fallen is SOMEWHERE, waiting for one of his seekers to discover the Matrix so he can use the sun harvestor. He's also waiting for the LAST Prime (Optimus) to be dead, before he can get up out of his chair. Also, we know Megatron wasn't just looking for the Allspark "to transform Earth's machines, and build a new army", but he was working for the Fallen.
In the third film, we learn that the Arc crashes around 1964 I think? Sentinel PRIME (a "great descendent" of the primes I suppose) is trying to meet up with Megatron on Earth, because they had the whole space bridge plan lined up.
So, my questions are:
1. What was Megatron doing when he crashed on Earth? Was he there to meet up with Sentinel, or was it under The Fallen's command? Or, was it both, just whatever came first?
2. Why was Megatron helping The Fallen destroy/ruin Earth, if he had planned for it to be the new Cybertron?
3. What was The Fallen doing between the tomb of the primes being created and ROTF? Was he hiding from Optimus? Did he know about Sentinel, since he's a potential Prime threat? Megatron definetly knew about him and the arc and all..did he mention it to The Fallen?
4. Also, when did the Matrix become "The legendary Matrix of Leadership"? I mean, it's cool and all, but wasn't it just a key? Optimus acted like it's been passed down forever..
5. Oh yeah, and apparently a decepticon army that can level a city has been on the moon, as well as there being tons of seekers around the world like Jetifre? AND Shockwave and his pet under Chernobyl? How the heck do the Autobots or someone not notice?
I know from a real life pov they didn't have all three planned out in the beginning..but still.