WFC downloadable characters?

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Dragonslayer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:42 am

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
Shadowman wrote:
Dj kevintron wrote:Check your local used video gamer retailers. sometimes you may luck out and find a card in a used box. If you ask the sales clerk they will probably say you can have it. A lot of people still dont play online and the code will go unused Your probably gonna keep the card. Look good for the planet right?! If its a retailer you are a regular at they will most likely be more than happy to do you a favor that doesnt cost them any money.


There isn't a card, the code is printed on the receipt.

I ordered mine (the 360 version) through Best Buy and the code came on a little card inside the case. Perhaps it's a 360 thing?
Image
User avatar
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
Posts: 2723
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Texas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dragonslayer wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dj kevintron wrote:Check your local used video gamer retailers. sometimes you may luck out and find a card in a used box. If you ask the sales clerk they will probably say you can have it. A lot of people still dont play online and the code will go unused Your probably gonna keep the card. Look good for the planet right?! If its a retailer you are a regular at they will most likely be more than happy to do you a favor that doesnt cost them any money.


There isn't a card, the code is printed on the receipt.

I ordered mine (the 360 version) through Best Buy and the code came on a little card inside the case. Perhaps it's a 360 thing?


I doubt it, it was probably just put there by Best Buy. Gamestop gave it to me on my pre-order receipt, so it's either Gamestop, or High Moon decided that it should only be a pre-order exclusive on PS3.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29971
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby sabrigami » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
Dragonslayer wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dj kevintron wrote:Check your local used video gamer retailers. sometimes you may luck out and find a card in a used box. If you ask the sales clerk they will probably say you can have it. A lot of people still dont play online and the code will go unused Your probably gonna keep the card. Look good for the planet right?! If its a retailer you are a regular at they will most likely be more than happy to do you a favor that doesnt cost them any money.


There isn't a card, the code is printed on the receipt.

I ordered mine (the 360 version) through Best Buy and the code came on a little card inside the case. Perhaps it's a 360 thing?


I doubt it, it was probably just put there by Best Buy. Gamestop gave it to me on my pre-order receipt, so it's either Gamestop, or High Moon decided that it should only be a pre-order exclusive on PS3.


At Ebgames they just gave me a card that had the code on it. I went to Best Buy today to see if maybe they had any spares and they told me they put the cards in the cases. Sucks, scout is kinda my main and Jazz would look so sweet :sad: Hopefully they will do DLC with them soon or something.
User avatar
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Dj kevintron » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Gamestop did the reciet code thing. They do it that way basically so they know the code went to someone who bought it, not an employee who might be tempted to grab extra for firends. Bestbuy had there first shipment with the card packed in game case because they want to move the product quickly without promotion hassels. That being said formerly working for a large company that sold used games many people do leave these things in the box even reciets so if your at a store take a look you may luck out :KREMZEEK:
Image
User avatar
Dj kevintron
Vehicon
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:53 pm
Location: somewhere in the Pine Barrens, NJ
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dj kevintron wrote:Gamestop did the reciet code thing. They do it that way basically so they know the code went to someone who bought it, not an employee who might be tempted to grab extra for firends. Bestbuy had there first shipment with the card packed in game case because they want to move the product quickly without promotion hassels. That being said formerly working for a large company that sold used games many people do leave these things in the box even reciets so if your at a store take a look you may luck out :KREMZEEK:


"Luck out" is an understatement. Think about it, the game hasn't even been out one week, who would return it with an unused code inside of the box?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29971
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby sabrigami » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
Dj kevintron wrote:Gamestop did the reciet code thing. They do it that way basically so they know the code went to someone who bought it, not an employee who might be tempted to grab extra for firends. Bestbuy had there first shipment with the card packed in game case because they want to move the product quickly without promotion hassels. That being said formerly working for a large company that sold used games many people do leave these things in the box even reciets so if your at a store take a look you may luck out :KREMZEEK:


"Luck out" is an understatement. Think about it, the game hasn't even been out one week, who would return it with an unused code inside of the box?


Prospects are a bit bleak eh? I'm sure it can happen, as I have done it with games that I just didn't get into. But I can't really see and employee letting you have the part you want without purchasing the game. The EBgames' by my home are all pretty strict with how they work things. Guess I'm outta luck unless High Moon takes pity and releases DLC.
User avatar
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Wigglez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Motto: "*cough*"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I got mine from Amazon so I got the code by e-mail.
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: Everywhere
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Vanishing Point » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:13 pm

when you unlock each character it also unlocks them for multiplayer creation

you have to take your code to the game website to redeem it then it will give you your dl code to redeem on your system

Activision has in the past made store exclusives availible as purchase dlc, with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 they made Juggernaut, another Gamestop only character, availible for like 80 microsoft points or $1

they also took down all dlc for MU2 including the new challenge discs and the 4 new characters, 3 weeks after they posted Juggernaut in december
Image
Vanishing Point
Godmaster
Posts: 1645
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:48 am

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby tech348 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 am

So I unlocked Jazz and Shockwave for the 360 in the marketplace but when I play the game I don't see them to play them. What am I missing?
Image
tech348
Vehicon
Posts: 324
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:21 pm

Re: WFC downloadable characters?

Postby Dragonslayer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:12 am

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
tech348 wrote:So I unlocked Jazz and Shockwave for the 360 in the marketplace but when I play the game I don't see them to play them. What am I missing?

What mode are you playing in? Jazz, Shockwave and Demolisher are only available to use in Escalation and as Multiplayer chassis. You don't get to play them in the Campaign
Image
User avatar
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
Posts: 2723
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Texas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS - UNIVERSE - AUTOBOT WHIRL - BRAND NEW - SEALED!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 minutes 27 seconds
NEW 2010 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 'DARKMOUNT' MOC DECEPTICON NIB - Time Remaining: 22 days 14 hours 41 seconds
Maketoys Transformers 01DX Gaint G2 Devastator New - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 3 minutes 6 seconds
HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS - UNIVERSE - RAMJET - BRAND NEW - SEALED!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 50 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1994 G2 POWERMASTERS BULLETBIKE MOC MINT NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 10 hours 57 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers SDCC 2016 TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS MASTER SWORD NEW IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 26 days 57 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1989 G1 STUNTICON DEAD END MENASOR MOC - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 31 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Galvatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 16 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016