Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

WFC is on STEAM

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

WFC is on STEAM

Postby sparty2304 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 am

I just checked and WFC is available on Steam....but wont unlock for another 5 hours...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42650/
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 513
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am
Location: Oxford, MI

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
sparty2304 wrote:I just checked and WFC is available on Steam....but wont unlock for another 5 hours...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42650/

I joined the WFC Steam group before we even knew it was coming to Steam. Thanks for letting me know it's out!
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Let us all know if the xbox controller will work. The packaging only mentions keyboard and mouse setups.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the controller.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Autobot032 wrote:Let us all know if the xbox controller will work. The packaging only mentions keyboard and mouse setups.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the controller.

Doesn't mention it on the Steam site either, so I guess you can't. Don't worry, you can use WASD and your mouse, like a regular PC shooter. ;;)
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
1337W422102 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Let us all know if the xbox controller will work. The packaging only mentions keyboard and mouse setups.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the controller.

Doesn't mention it on the Steam site either, so I guess you can't. Don't worry, you can use WASD and your mouse, like a regular PC shooter. ;;)


Actually, I can't. I've tried it countless times and I just don't have the ability. I'm much better with a controller than a WASD+Mouse set up.

And I've found out that I'm one of a countless many who can't use anything but the controller.

However, I read that IGN's hands on preview of the PC version did, in fact, use the controller during their evaluation of the game.

Plus, there's XPadder, Joy2Key, and other programs like it, so I'm not too worried.

If you can use WASD+Mouse, great. If you're like me and need the use of a controller, that's great too.

I believe there's no right way to play the game, only that you should have fun doing it.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Geez, lighten up, will ya? I was just bustin' your chops.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
1337W422102 wrote:Geez, lighten up, will ya? I was just bustin' your chops.


Er...if anyone needs to lighten up, I'd say it's you. None of my post was pissy or rant filled or even angry.

I was just stating why I can't use anything but the controller, and then made a personal statement on the Keyboard vs controller battle that's been going on for years.

This is what I've heard from several people while play L4D on Steam:

U R A F*KIN MORON D00D! U USE A PAD? GO PLAY IT ON A CONSOLE P*SSY! U F*KIN WIT DA PURITY OF DA GAME! WASD 4 LYFE BYTCH!


And then I've had people scream at me over their headsets because they believe I lack the "$k!llz" to play and that using a gamepad hampers their efforts because they have to take it down a notch to accommodate me.

I find it ridiculous. It's just a video game. It's meant to be fun. All in fun, always. That's why I said if a person can use the keyboard, great. If they need a controller, that's great too.

I'm just amazed that grown adults get angry over video games, and how they're played.

Even kids must look at us and say "You're a moron, sir. Good day."
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
#-o Not sure where that came from, especially how you denied making a rant-filled post and then, er, made a rant-filled post. I see what you mean, though.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, sparty!
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
1337W422102 wrote:#-o Not sure where that came from, especially how you denied making a rant-filled post and then, er, made a rant-filled post. I see what you mean, though.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, sparty!


My second post was closer to a rant than the first one was. The first one was not at all what you thought it was.

Anyway, I've said my piece, we should drop it, I suppose.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Autobot032 wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:#-o Not sure where that came from, especially how you denied making a rant-filled post and then, er, made a rant-filled post. I see what you mean, though.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, sparty!


My second post was closer to a rant than the first one was. The first one was not at all what you thought it was.

Anyway, I've said my piece, we should drop it, I suppose.

Sorry if I annoyed you, man. Too bad there's no goodwill/handshake smiley!

I'm not sure if I'll get it off Steam or pick up a boxed copy in the coming weeks. I guess it depends on if my buddy's excited enough to Steam it and gift me a copy and have me pay him back so we can get get warring for Cybertron tonight!
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
1337W422102 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:#-o Not sure where that came from, especially how you denied making a rant-filled post and then, er, made a rant-filled post. I see what you mean, though.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, sparty!


My second post was closer to a rant than the first one was. The first one was not at all what you thought it was.

Anyway, I've said my piece, we should drop it, I suppose.

Sorry if I annoyed you, man. Too bad there's no goodwill/handshake smiley!

I'm not sure if I'll get it off Steam or pick up a boxed copy in the coming weeks. I guess it depends on if my buddy's excited enough to Steam it and gift me a copy and have me pay him back so we can get get warring for Cybertron tonight!


No harm. We're fine.

As for Steam...can Steam players access the servers and players on the XBox 360 and PS3? Or do we all have our own little piece of the world when it comes to this stuff? I'm very much a n00b when it comes to MMO kinda stuff. Or gaming online, period.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Autobot032 wrote:As for Steam...can Steam players access the servers and players on the XBox 360 and PS3? Or do we all have our own little piece of the world when it comes to this stuff? I'm very much a n00b when it comes to MMO kinda stuff. Or gaming online, period.

If a game supports cross-platform multiplayer, you can access it from you computer, no problem. Though for many reasons, a lot of new games don't support cross-platform multiplayer, which is somewhat of a downer.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
1337W422102 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:As for Steam...can Steam players access the servers and players on the XBox 360 and PS3? Or do we all have our own little piece of the world when it comes to this stuff? I'm very much a n00b when it comes to MMO kinda stuff. Or gaming online, period.

If a game supports cross-platform multiplayer, you can access it from you computer, no problem. Though for many reasons, a lot of new games don't support cross-platform multiplayer, which is somewhat of a downer.


Does the L4D franchise allow cross-platform?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8698
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Autobot032 wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:As for Steam...can Steam players access the servers and players on the XBox 360 and PS3? Or do we all have our own little piece of the world when it comes to this stuff? I'm very much a n00b when it comes to MMO kinda stuff. Or gaming online, period.

If a game supports cross-platform multiplayer, you can access it from you computer, no problem. Though for many reasons, a lot of new games don't support cross-platform multiplayer, which is somewhat of a downer.


Does the L4D franchise allow cross-platform?

Nope, sorry, man.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby sparty2304 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 pm

NP

Also I have heard people saying they have and can use the 360 pad...FYI
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 513
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am
Location: Oxford, MI

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:38 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Okay, I just got back from the Steam forums. You can use a gamepad to play if you want, so plug 'er in and take 'em down!

BUT, what I have learned is that there is a slew of problems in the lazy PC port:

    No multiplayer chat. No voice, no text. If you're playing with just your friends, I guess that's not MUCH of an issue thanks to Ventrillo/Teamspeak/etc, but there's no reason for us NOT to be able to reach our teammates in-game. Hell, even a voice command list would be better than nothing.
    In terms of graphics, you can only change the resolution and texture quality. Also, framerate is locked at 30FPS.
    No dedicated servers, but you saw that one coming.
    There will be no DLC for the PC port.
    There is ONE set of controls and they CANNOT BE CHANGED. Here are some screenshots of the control screens: http://img821.imageshack.us/g/twfc2010062215384847.png/ There is a third-party solution, though: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1319047 for the keyboard, and I think Xpadder for the gamepad. Luckily, they allowed for look inversion control in all modes: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 ... reenie.png

EDIT: Whoops, hit Submit instead of Preview.

One last thing, for now. All these issues could theoretically be resolved by modifying an .ini file, but, of course, that file is encrypted, leaving us, the PC games, once more short on luck.

If you have a 360 or a PS3, I think you should get a copy for your console instead of the lazy PC port. I look at my bookshelf and see the box I kept of one of my all-time favourite games, Activision's MechWarrior 2. I guess now they really don't care about their PC players any more. Our loss.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby sparty2304 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:58 am

Where did they confirm no DLC? Yes the no in game chat sucks and I really dont understand, but I think we have a large enough community here that we could make it work if we really tried...
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 513
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am
Location: Oxford, MI

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:26 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
sparty2304 wrote:Where did they confirm no DLC? Yes the no in game chat sucks and I really dont understand, but I think we have a large enough community here that we could make it work if we really tried...

They confirmed it here: https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin ... _topview=1

As for that "big enough community," they didn't care with all the players demanding dedicated servers for their Call of Duty game. They won't care about us.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: WFC is on STEAM

Postby sparty2304 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 am

I am going to stay positive and say that's just currently...
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 513
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am
Location: Oxford, MI


Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014