Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Random » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Ok, I've gotten this twice in the last thirty mins. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this, or is it a problem in the game? Seriously, I've played comp games for hours online and NEVER have had this many connection problems.
Random
Vehicon
Posts: 363
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Blurrz » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Random wrote:Ok, I've gotten this twice in the last thirty mins. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this, or is it a problem in the game? Seriously, I've played comp games for hours online and NEVER have had this many connection problems.


Nope.. WFC's filled with errors like that.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11497
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Random » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 am

Yeah, never really noticed it before. There are a lot of forums across the net that have this exact same question. Shortly after posting it was a little better, but not much.

Oh, well.
Random
Vehicon
Posts: 363
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
This crap happens to me too, its another reason why I like ROTF's multiplayer better!
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3723
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shit just happened to me again. I was in escallation, second best escallation game I'd ever played, was at the end of level 8 and guess what? What a load of turd.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3723
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby paul053 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 am

Not just this but host quitting and end the game is another big fraud, especially when I was doing pretty good and our team is at around 350 points in conquest mode. About to wrap it up and gain my happy XP, the host chickened out and totally ruined everything. They really should do the host transfer.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:37 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
paul053 wrote:Not just this but host quitting and end the game is another big fraud, especially when I was doing pretty good and our team is at around 350 points in conquest mode. About to wrap it up and gain my happy XP, the host chickened out and totally ruined everything. They really should do the host transfer.


I don't know about Conquest but in TDM you get XP even if the host quits. XP is applied to your character automatically, only the XP you get from challenges is applied post-match.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby JetOptimus23 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Motto: "Dare to be Stupid"
Weapon: Torque Rifle
When this happens i want to punch someone in the face with a hamster. Seriously. :evil:
Image
PSN Name Kezilla. I PWN U N00BS! I mean, have a nice day

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
User avatar
JetOptimus23
Godmaster
Posts: 1601
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JetOptimus23 wrote:When this happens i want to punch someone in the face with a hamster. Seriously. :evil:


Interesting true fact, hamsters are very soft and would not hurt nearly as much as a human fist. You'd probably hurt the hamster and only tickle the intended target.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby JetOptimus23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Motto: "Dare to be Stupid"
Weapon: Torque Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
JetOptimus23 wrote:When this happens i want to punch someone in the face with a hamster. Seriously. :evil:


Interesting true fact, hamsters are very soft and would not hurt nearly as much as a human fist. You'd probably hurt the hamster and only tickle the intended target.



Not if it was a Robot Hamster. :lol:
Image
PSN Name Kezilla. I PWN U N00BS! I mean, have a nice day

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
User avatar
JetOptimus23
Godmaster
Posts: 1601
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JetOptimus23 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
JetOptimus23 wrote:When this happens i want to punch someone in the face with a hamster. Seriously. :evil:


Interesting true fact, hamsters are very soft and would not hurt nearly as much as a human fist. You'd probably hurt the hamster and only tickle the intended target.



Not if it was a Robot Hamster. :lol:


Interesting true fact, hamsters, mechanical or otherwise, are worthless in any combat situation.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Artakha Prime » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Weapon: Venom Blaster
I actually don`t experience many lagging games and such. The only times i do it`s beacuse the host have bad connection, and that does affect the game itself. That`s why i like to host games myself; i have good connection, and therefore, only people with very bad connection will experience lags.
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Scorpticion » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Motto: ""Lets pown some deceptipunks guys""
Weapon: Energy Blades
Random wrote:Ok, I've gotten this twice in the last thirty mins. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this, or is it a problem in the game? Seriously, I've played comp games for hours online and NEVER have had this many connection problems.





its just that the connection sucks balls bro.I have freinds on rotf that i cant play at all with on wfc cause it keeps lagging.
.:Scorpticion:.
User avatar
Scorpticion
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: WFC..."Your Connection To The Host Has Timed Out"

Postby Artakha Prime » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:06 am

Weapon: Venom Blaster
Scorpticion wrote:
Random wrote:Ok, I've gotten this twice in the last thirty mins. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this, or is it a problem in the game? Seriously, I've played comp games for hours online and NEVER have had this many connection problems.





its just that the connection sucks balls bro.I have freinds on rotf that i cant play at all with on wfc cause it keeps lagging.


I haven`t played ROTF, bu i think your friends must have crappy connection, then...
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???


Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014