Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What are you reading? Thread

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:I'm hoping to finish Brisingr today and move onto Inheritance tomorrow.


Are they really good? I was a little aprehensive on them


Eragon is my favorite book ever. Eldest and Brisingr were hard to get through the first time, but they're much better the second time. The one complaints I have about Book 3 is that its repetitive, uber-gory/bloody/violent, and mostly filler. I have noting to say about Books 1 & 2.


Well then I'll be ordering them from my local library!


They're so definitely worth it if you have some time to spare.


I've got tons! :lol:


If you have almost 2000 posts and you joined this January, then I'd say yes, you do!


You know that's right!
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:I'm hoping to finish Brisingr today and move onto Inheritance tomorrow.


Are they really good? I was a little aprehensive on them


Eragon is my favorite book ever. Eldest and Brisingr were hard to get through the first time, but they're much better the second time. The one complaints I have about Book 3 is that its repetitive, uber-gory/bloody/violent, and mostly filler. I have noting to say about Books 1 & 2.


Well then I'll be ordering them from my local library!


They're so definitely worth it if you have some time to spare.


I've got tons! :lol:


If you have almost 2000 posts and you joined this January, then I'd say yes, you do!


You know that's right!


Yes I do, because I said it.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:I'm hoping to finish Brisingr today and move onto Inheritance tomorrow.


Are they really good? I was a little aprehensive on them


Eragon is my favorite book ever. Eldest and Brisingr were hard to get through the first time, but they're much better the second time. The one complaints I have about Book 3 is that its repetitive, uber-gory/bloody/violent, and mostly filler. I have noting to say about Books 1 & 2.


Well then I'll be ordering them from my local library!


They're so definitely worth it if you have some time to spare.


I've got tons! :lol:


If you have almost 2000 posts and you joined this January, then I'd say yes, you do!


You know that's right!


Yes I do, because I said it.


Oh you don't get it, sorry about that. It was a quote from a tv series I really like

either way, thank you for the suggestion :D
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Okay then.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Cobalt Prime » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Warhammer 40K: Rynn's World.

It's a nice, thick Space Marines battle novel in which the Crimson Fists Space Marines chapter must pit their ceramite-clad might against an all-out Ork invasion. I'm on page 176 and it's shaping up to be some heady stuff.

Just got finished with The Emperor's Finest prior to starting Rynn's World. Ciaphas Cain is my favorite 40K character next to Ibram Gaunt.

In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only WAR!
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby The Happy Locust » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Finished the Sandman sets and moved on to the Lucifer spinoff.

In terms of actual books, reading a book on Automated testing using Visual Studio 2010. :-B
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Va'al » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The Happy Locust wrote:Finished the Sandman sets and moved on to the Lucifer spinoff.


You, sir, are in for a treat.

In terms of actual books, reading a book on Automated testing using Visual Studio 2010. :-B


Although I find this slightly insulting towards comics.
Why are they not actual books..?


As for me, I'm currently alternating between Transformers: Exiles and Moby Dick.
Can't tell which one's the heaviest read, so far.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6878
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Marcus Rush » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Star Trek Vanguard: What Judgement Comes

soon as I finish that, I intend to jump straight into the Silmarillion followed by the complete Lost Tales collection of JRR Tolken. I expect to have that entire collection completed in time for The Hobbit's release.
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9112
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.


I love the PJATO/HOO series! You'll love it!
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.


I love the PJATO/HOO series! You'll love it!


I've read every single one of his books so far.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.


I love the PJATO/HOO series! You'll love it!


I've read every single one of his books so far.


I can't wait for the next book! I am wondering how Greeks and Romans are gonna react to each other?
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby The Happy Locust » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Va'al wrote:
The Happy Locust wrote:Finished the Sandman sets and moved on to the Lucifer spinoff.


You, sir, are in for a treat.

In terms of actual books, reading a book on Automated testing using Visual Studio 2010. :-B


Although I find this slightly insulting towards comics.
Why are they not actual books..?


As for me, I'm currently alternating between Transformers: Exiles and Moby Dick.
Can't tell which one's the heaviest read, so far.


I've read them before. But they're worth a re-read every now and then.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Just finished reading Fifteen Hours, a book written by Mitchel Scanlon set in the Warhammer 40K universe about an under-manned Imperial Guard outpost surrounded by Orks. It's a great read if your a fan of the 40k universe.
Quick Toy Reviews. My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/QuickToyReviews

Image

Groovy
User avatar
Fires_Of_Inferno
Headmaster
Posts: 1173
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta. Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Cobalt Prime » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Just finished reading Fifteen Hours, a book written by Mitchel Scanlon set in the Warhammer 40K universe about an under-manned Imperial Guard outpost surrounded by Orks. It's a great read if your a fan of the 40k universe.


Basic training: four months. Planetary transportation: seven weeks. Life expectancy...FIFTEEN HOURS
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Return of Steeljaw » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:30 am

This nutrition label for soy sauce. 920 milligrams of sodium? What the hell!
Return of Steeljaw
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.


I love the PJATO/HOO series! You'll love it!


I've read every single one of his books so far.


I can't wait for the next book! I am wondering how Greeks and Romans are gonna react to each other?


I hope it's violent.

I also want Grover back.

ENCHILADAS!
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Finished Inheritance. I'm now going onto the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.


I love the PJATO/HOO series! You'll love it!


I've read every single one of his books so far.


I can't wait for the next book! I am wondering how Greeks and Romans are gonna react to each other?


I hope it's violent.

I also want Grover back.

ENCHILADAS!


Yeah, why do I suspect the Aris cabin to have the most trouble in this situation
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby prowl123 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The Fifth Cohort as well.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
prowl123 wrote:The Fifth Cohort as well.

Good point! and not to sound like a fan-girl (as I'm a fanboy) but I can't wait for Annabeth and Percy to get together again. Also whaddya want to bet her first words to him are: "Seaweed brain!"
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Just picked up the Unwanteds.
Not bad at all if your the creative artist type, and overall a fun book so far, though I'm not done reading it...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Weapon: Stinger Missile
I'm reading The New Dead, which is an anthology of zombie stories. One is by Max Brooks, who wrote World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide and one is by Stephen King's son. Some of the stories are about zombies only by some very stretched definitions, but on the whole it was good. One story hurt my brain to read, but other than that the stories were average to great, and one in particular (the longest of the bunch) was, to be honest, nothing short of incredible.

I have about three or four left until I'm done.
What the--Someone let me publish a book! Check out Not So Superpowered. At 80 pages, it's a quick read. Except for you, Burn. You'll take a week or two.

Winston wrote:Ray, if someone asks if you're a god, you... say... YES!
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4281
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Ember » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 am

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
Just downloaded The Litigators by John Grisham. I'll also be starting The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly.
Last edited by Ember on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Seibertron's own RPG Here
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2759
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Va'al » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I have given up on the previous two reads, will get back to them in the new year.

Currently going through The Jedi Path, which arrived yesterday in Collector's edition!
(As a present, completely unexpected, which was nice.)

Also A Short History of Myth, by Karen Armstrong, which has been waiting on my bedside table for a while. And The Hurricane Party, by Klas Ostergren.
Should get onto Jung's Man and his Symbols soon, or my work won't budge..
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6878
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: What are you reading? Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Just started reading World War Z by Max Brooks. It's a slow start, but I'm getting into it. Also, I'm reading through the Preacher TPBs. Awesome.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15609
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014