Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 am

Motto: "I Stand Alone"
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Simple question. What make and model of sports car would resemble Hot Rod from the G1 movie the best, if painted appropriately? Even if a huge yellow spoiler would look ridiculous nowadays.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14709
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Frog Balls, AR

Re: What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed May 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:Simple question. What make and model of sports car would resemble Hot Rod from the G1 movie the best, if painted appropriately? Even if a huge yellow spoiler would look ridiculous nowadays.


That's a pretty good question. I don't think they had a particular model in mind when they drew him up, as long he looked sleek and "futuristic". I do know for a fact that Classics Rodimus did have a real-life base, namely the Dome Zero, although the Pagani Zonda was also being considered.
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13724
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 am

Motto: "I Stand Alone"
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Pagani Zonda was also being considered.



THAT would be a badass alt mode for a movie Rodimus.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14709
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Frog Balls, AR

Re: What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby skynet1O1 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Motto: ""I will never side with a Prime!" -Skyquake"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I think Rodimus is portrayed as a Zonda for the books that proceed All Hail Megatron. By that is a good choice but I also think the DeLorean would work too.
skynet1O1
Micromaster
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
Watch skynet1O1 on YouTube
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:20 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
skynet1O1 wrote:I think Rodimus is portrayed as a Zonda for the books that proceed All Hail Megatron. By that is a good choice but I also think the DeLorean would work too.


So he could undo his mistake of killing Optimus Prime? :lol:
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13724
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: What car would resemble G1 Hot Rod the best?

Postby Arctorro » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:51 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Simple question. What make and model of sports car would resemble Hot Rod from the G1 movie the best, if painted appropriately? Even if a huge yellow spoiler would look ridiculous nowadays.


That's a pretty good question. I don't think they had a particular model in mind when they drew him up, as long he looked sleek and "futuristic". I do know for a fact that Classics Rodimus did have a real-life base, namely the Dome Zero, although the Pagani Zonda was also being considered.
The Zonda was the first car that popped into my head when I read the question! The best part is that the Zonda is such an outrageous car that a huge yellow spoiler just might work :D

Damn! Now I'm going to be thinking about this every time I see Hot Rod/Rodimus or a Zonda #-o

:lol:
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1515
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014