Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Dead Metal wrote:None of the Primitives where present prior to the war starting.


according to who?


In the G1 toon Megatron is not really a Tansformer, he's actually a squid-like alien in a mechanical suite similar to the Utroms from TMNT.

I mean nothing in the show actually disproves that, sure one episode shows him from the inside, but we never see the inside of his head, so that's likely where the alien sits and controls the suite.


thats a poor argument tactic.

unlike what I'm talking about, theres nothing and I mean NOTHING to suggest megs is a squid..............there is evidence to suggest the Quints are liers.

and I'm not sure why you are talking about dictionaries and definitions, my guess you are still confusing me with others, but like I said, I;m just trying to have some fun.

I thought thats why we were here.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:None of the Primitives where present prior to the war starting.


according to who?


In the G1 toon Megatron is not really a Tansformer, he's actually a squid-like alien in a mechanical suite similar to the Utroms from TMNT.

I mean nothing in the show actually disproves that, sure one episode shows him from the inside, but we never see the inside of his head, so that's likely where the alien sits and controls the suite.


thats a poor argument tactic.

unlike what I'm talking about, theres nothing and I mean NOTHING to suggest megs is a squid..............there is evidence to suggest the Quints are liers.

and I'm not sure why you are talking about dictionaries and definitions, my guess you are still confusing me with others, but like I said, I;m just trying to have some fun.

I thought thats why we were here.

Oh no, I'm not confusing you with anyone else, I just seem to have a better long term memory than you.

The evidence that the Primitives are "new" is in the fact that everyone of them was created after the war started, or did you see any in the historic archives? There is simply no evidence to suggest that they existed prior to the war starting.

Oh but you see that's the beauty, there is evidence to suggest that Megatron is ling.
  • Megatron is the leader of the DECEPTIcons
  • In The Ultimate Doom Megatron lied to the Humans about not really being the bad guy, and convinced them that the Autobots are the evil faction
  • In Heavy Metal War Megatron deceives Optimus Prime in their one on one battle
  • In a Prime Problem Megatron creates clones that can be remote controlled and fool everyone into believing they're dealing with actual Transformers
  • Even more countless lies and tricks by Megatron
You see, Megatron claims that he's a Transformer, but taking all his lies and deceits into account including the technology, the chances of him actually being an alien, doesn't have to be a squid-like alien, masquerading as a Transformer is very very high.
To deny the possibility is just naive. ;)
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Dead Metal wrote:Oh no, I'm not confusing you with anyone else, I just seem to have a better long term memory than you.


is that so?

well you claimed i argued that War for Cybertron was in fact G1.I know I didnt do that.So, please show me when I did as you claim.But i'm sure you'll just go on about not wanting to waste your time.

The evidence that the Primitives are "new" is in the fact that everyone of them was created after the war started, or did you see any in the historic archives? There is simply no evidence to suggest that they existed prior to the war starting.


sorry buddy but thats a easy fail.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ....just because we didnt see any primitives in the VERY FEW historical files we have seen does not mean that no primitives existed

so you have no solid evidence.
Oh but you see that's the beauty, there is evidence to suggest that Megatron is ling.


no one claimed Megs wasnt a liar.

You see, Megatron claims that he's a Transformer, but taking all his lies and deceits into account including the technology, the chances of him actually being an alien, doesn't have to be a squid-like alien, masquerading as a Transformer is very very high.
To deny the possibility is just naive. ;)


again, this is a very poor and juvenile debate tactic.No one claimed Megs was to be trusted...........but nothing suggest hes not a tf.

As for the Quints,
A] we know them to be liers
B] some one else claimed to create "some" tfs

and btw, I dont recall Megatron ever claiming to be a transformer in the g1 toon :lol:
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby tfparodies » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Good debate so far, guys. I need to re-watch some of the episodes mentioned. Honestly, I am liking this new "squid" theory a lot and think it has some merit and possible could be the TF version of the "theory of everything."

And while I am enjoying the debate, I am enjoying it less than I would if the word "liar" was spelled properly. Now that that ugliness is out of the way...


A question for Sto: Sure, the Quints weren't known for they honesty, but what would be the point of them lying about being the creators? I can easily believe they would lie about anything if it fit their needs, but I don't see a clear benefit from keeping this lie going. Maybe in the early days it was a way to control and hold some power, but by the time of the movie and S3 the autobots could pretty much bitch-slap the quints any time they needed to.

Keep in mind what I said though: there are many episodes that I seem to have forgotten so please excuse any ignorance by me here.

And to hopefully put the "Megatron isn't a TF, nor did he claim to be" debate: while both of those are true, we actually saw him Transform. Just ask poor Brawn. :(
User avatar
tfparodies
Micromaster
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 pm
Watch tfparodies on YouTube

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
tfparodies wrote:Good debate so far, guys. I need to re-watch some of the episodes mentioned. Honestly, I am liking this new "squid" theory a lot and think it has some merit and possible could be the TF version of the "theory of everything."

And while I am enjoying the debate, I am enjoying it less than I would if the word "liar" was spelled properly. Now that that ugliness is out of the way...


A question for Sto: Sure, the Quints weren't known for they honesty, but what would be the point of them lying about being the creators? I can easily believe they would lie about anything if it fit their needs, but I don't see a clear benefit from keeping this lie going. Maybe in the early days it was a way to control and hold some power, but by the time of the movie and S3 the autobots could pretty much bitch-slap the quints any time they needed to.

Keep in mind what I said though: there are many episodes that I seem to have forgotten so please excuse any ignorance by me here.

And to hopefully put the "Megatron isn't a TF, nor did he claim to be" debate: while both of those are true, we actually saw him Transform. Just ask poor Brawn. :(


sorry for any bad spelling, most are likely my fault.

as to why continue to lie..............it may be that at this point, very few or no one knows the real truth.Even thou some Quints seem to be long living,I dont think all of them are that old.

and even if they are all old..........there comes a point when a lie is told so often that even the liars start to believe it.

and keep in mind, if my theory is right, then the Quints aren't completely lying.If they did find robot life on cybertron, and found a way to "mass produce" that life, then calling themselves the tf :"creators" is true, from a cretin point of view.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just, why would one specifically think up the idea that the Quints just happened upon an already populated Cybertron when there is nothing in the showthat would spur one to conjure up that belief? The show literally gives no other origin story info beyond the "made by the Quintessons" one.

I get the whole "The Quints aren't trustworthy", but that only leaves the truth in their words questionable and doesn't explain how one would draw up the whole other conclusion when there's nothing to base it on. Dead Metal's "Megatron is a squid" theory was just an example of how there's nothing in the show to spur one to think up that idea just like with the above statement. It was an illustration of an idea with no roots.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:Just, why would one specifically think up the idea that the Quints just happened upon an already populated Cybertron when there is nothing in the showthat would spur one to conjure up that belief? The show literally gives no other origin story info beyond the "made by the Quintessons" one.

I get the whole "The Quints aren't trustworthy", but that only leaves the truth in their words questionable and doesn't explain how one would draw up the whole other conclusion when there's nothing to base it on. Dead Metal's "Megatron is a squid" theory was just an example of how there's nothing in the show to spur one to think up that idea just like with the above statement. It was an illustration of an idea with no roots.


There is a difference between Dead Metal's theory and my own, and its as I pointed out before with the claims of the Primicrons assistant .

Grimlock and the other animal tfs to answer the call of the assistant were called "primitives".The assistant claimed that Primicron and he that they built some of the early primitives in the ancient past.

That right there at least suggest an alternate creation origin for some trasnsformers.........and if for some its possible for others.

I'll admit its not a lot, but its something, and added to the fact that the Quints cant be trusted brings me to my theory.

As for the idea not having "roots"........maybe being a Trekie and comic fans I just see a bigger picture, or maybe a smaller one....you be the judge.

Even when the TF franchis started ,I saw the comic books,toons,tech specs and other media as part of a multiverse.And while theres no true rule of thumb on the issue, many alternate universes we see in fiction share some basic history.

Look at DC Comics Pre-Crisis multiverse..........Earth 1 and 2 Supermans,both have a similar basic history, while still having very different lives.The same can be said about the Batmans of both worlds.True there are also some major differences like the Flashs and the Green Lanterns.But even in both, basic human history and our creation were basically the same.

If we look over to Star Trek, excluding the "reboot" issues, we first see the mirror Universe in the original series, we meet "evil" versions of Kirk and the others.Now true, their history cant be exactly the same, but to get an evil Kirk, the same 2 people in his universe must have gotten together to give birth to him as they did in the prime universe.

In an episode of ST:the next Generation, we are shown a large number of Parallel universes, some with very minor difference, some very different...........but they all must have shared a basic history, or maybe you can say they all branched off the same tree.

So, seeing the TF multiverse from those "eyes", what I learned/absorbed as a trek and comic geek, left me always question how in one TF universe the Quints were their creators and in an other they were created by a god like being.

Now truth be told, I havent always liked the idea of Primus either, i prefer what marvel suggested in their early issues, that TF evolved naturally on Cybertron........to me it seemed more alien, which after all is what TFs are.

But the choice is Primus or Quints...given that I go Primus.Now its true, the toon never spoke of Primus, but in my opinion, between the trustworthiness of the quints and the Primicons assistant claims, theres reason to suggest any number of alternate creation origins.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby tfparodies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:27 am

Well, if you're going to talk mutiverses and all, where there can be an infinite amount of differences, then the squid theory is just as valid as any other. I don't much like the whole Primus origin story myself and prefer the Quint one, but at least we are given the Quint-story in the G1 toon even though there are plenty of holes in it.
User avatar
tfparodies
Micromaster
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 pm
Watch tfparodies on YouTube

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:55 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:There is a difference between Dead Metal's theory and my own, and its as I pointed out before with the claims of the Primicrons assistant .

Grimlock and the other animal tfs to answer the call of the assistant were called "primitives".The assistant claimed that Primicron and he that they built some of the early primitives in the ancient past.

That right there at least suggest an alternate creation origin for some trasnsformers.........and if for some its possible for others.

I'll admit its not a lot, but its something, and added to the fact that the Quints cant be trusted brings me to my theory.
Yes, and I asked you if you knew what the Primitives were. You gave an answer:

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:I know it was vague, and some see it differently.

But I took "primitives" as animal based transformers.
Which is correct.

But, in all flashbacks, claims, historical facets, etc., the Quintessons were never indicated to the be creators of any animal-based Transformers. The ones they built were the main population of the humanoid pre-Transformers. The only Cybertronian fauna they were indicated to have created were the Trans-Organics.

And that's another element in this: The Trans-Organics. Both the Quints and the Transformers claimed those to be not only Quintesson-made but also predating the Transformers race. If both parties agree to both of these claims, what is there to doubt of the nature of the Trans-Organics predating the Transformers?

Now, getting back to Primacron's assistant, he said that they created the Primitives, meaning that at least only the animals were different in origin to the humanoids. However, during the assistant's tale, he referred to Unicron as the last and greatest of Primacron's creation (pre-Tornedron, that is), what his work on the Primitives was building up to. This also suggests that the term "Primitives" was just in reference to their earliest creations, which happens to coincide with the animal-based dudes.

Though, if I can pull out my TCC issues from 2013, they each have a section called "The Transformers Menagerie" that focused specifically on the Primitives and gave insight info into them, all told from a G1 cartoon perspective. Those issues, despite being made a few decades after the cartoon's existence, may shed some light on them.


sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:As for the idea not having "roots"........maybe being a Trekie and comic fans I just see a bigger picture, or maybe a smaller one....you be the judge.

Even when the TF franchis started ,I saw the comic books,toons,tech specs and other media as part of a multiverse.And while theres no true rule of thumb on the issue, many alternate universes we see in fiction share some basic history.

Look at DC Comics Pre-Crisis multiverse..........Earth 1 and 2 Supermans,both have a similar basic history, while still having very different lives.The same can be said about the Batmans of both worlds.True there are also some major differences like the Flashs and the Green Lanterns.But even in both, basic human history and our creation were basically the same.

If we look over to Star Trek, excluding the "reboot" issues, we first see the mirror Universe in the original series, we meet "evil" versions of Kirk and the others.Now true, their history cant be exactly the same, but to get an evil Kirk, the same 2 people in his universe must have gotten together to give birth to him as they did in the prime universe.

In an episode of ST:the next Generation, we are shown a large number of Parallel universes, some with very minor difference, some very different...........but they all must have shared a basic history, or maybe you can say they all branched off the same tree.

So, seeing the TF multiverse from those "eyes", what I learned/absorbed as a trek and comic geek, left me always question how in one TF universe the Quints were their creators and in an other they were created by a god like being.

Now truth be told, I havent always liked the idea of Primus either, i prefer what marvel suggested in their early issues, that TF evolved naturally on Cybertron........to me it seemed more alien, which after all is what TFs are.

But the choice is Primus or Quints...given that I go Primus.Now its true, the toon never spoke of Primus, but in my opinion, between the trustworthiness of the quints and the Primicons assistant claims, theres reason to suggest any number of alternate creation origins.
The thing is, at the time that each origin story was crafted (comic Primus vs. cartoon Quints), it was the cartoon's Quint origin that came first, in 1986. Simon Furman's Primus origin wouldn't first debut until early 1988 in the UK's "The Legacy of Unicron!" epic, and wouldn't hit American shores until late 1989 in "The Primal Scream!" and later again in 1990/1991 with "The Void!"

So for a period of roughly two years, the Quintesson origin story was the only one in existence, and Marvel's adaptation of "The Big Broadcast of 2006" also included mention of it in that issue, which came out in early 1988, equally preceding any of the Primus origin issues. And at the time, that issue could have worked as a possible future for the comics at the time that the main story was at. It was only in later issues that it was fully retconned out as being just another alternate future. But for a time, there was still that intermediate period where the Quintesson origin was the only one that existed for any Transformers media (save for the Primitives thing, which, as I said, seemed to be an isolated case exclusive to just the animals).
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
tfparodies wrote:Good debate so far, guys. I need to re-watch some of the episodes mentioned. Honestly, I am liking this new "squid" theory a lot and think it has some merit and possible could be the TF version of the "theory of everything."

And while I am enjoying the debate, I am enjoying it less than I would if the word "liar" was spelled properly. Now that that ugliness is out of the way...



Yea, thanks for pointing that out, I had a terrible time spelling it, dyslexia sucks and the firefox spell-check doesn't work as good as I would like. It kept offering me diarrhea and layman. :lol:

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Oh no, I'm not confusing you with anyone else, I just seem to have a better long term memory than you.


is that so?

well you claimed i argued that War for Cybertron was in fact G1.I know I didnt do that.So, please show me when I did as you claim.But i'm sure you'll just go on about not wanting to waste your time.

war-for-cybertron-vs-prime-t78995.php
The evidence that the Primitives are "new" is in the fact that everyone of them was created after the war started, or did you see any in the historic archives? There is simply no evidence to suggest that they existed prior to the war starting.


sorry buddy but thats a easy fail.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ....just because we didnt see any primitives in the VERY FEW historical files we have seen does not mean that no primitives existed

so you have no solid evidence.

This is fantastic, this will come in handy.
Oh but you see that's the beauty, there is evidence to suggest that Megatron is ling.


no one claimed Megs wasnt a liar.

You see, Megatron claims that he's a Transformer, but taking all his lies and deceits into account including the technology, the chances of him actually being an alien, doesn't have to be a squid-like alien, masquerading as a Transformer is very very high.
To deny the possibility is just naive. ;)


again, this is a very poor and juvenile debate tactic.No one claimed Megs was to be trusted...........but nothing suggest hes not a tf.

As for the Quints,
A] we know them to be liers
B] some one else claimed to create "some" tfs

and btw, I dont recall Megatron ever claiming to be a transformer in the g1 toon :lol:

And here is the point we can use your answer.

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
The evidence that the Primitives are "new" is in the fact that everyone of them was created after the war started, or did you see any in the historic archives? There is simply no evidence to suggest that they existed prior to the war starting.


sorry buddy but thats a easy fail.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ....just because we didnt see any primitives in the VERY FEW historical files we have seen does not mean that no primitives existed

so you have no solid evidence.

But adapted to the dumb "theory" I made up:
sorry buddy but thats a easy fail.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ....just because we didnt see Megatron's true alien squid form in the VERY FEW interior shots of his body does not mean that it does not exist

so you have no solid evidence.


As for you bringing up multiverses, Star Trek, and DC. We do have a multiverse, and the cartoon is one of them. And in the cartoon universe the Quints created the TFs and Primacron created some of the primitives and Unicron.
Adding to that, Primacron and his helper are just as untrustworthy as the Quints, as Primacron swore to never again create something like Unicron and the energy monster, if Grimlock saved him. Only to then flip out at Grimlock destroying his lab in the process because now he can't continue his work on such beasts.

And since you bring up DC and Star Trek to somehow prove your theory, I will do the same:
This is a Dalek from Doctor Who, the Daleks are a species of squid like aliens who pilot robotic outer frames:
Image

And these are the Utroms also somewhat squid like aliens who use robotic frames to walk around in:
Image

So if they can do it, the possibility of Megatron being similar, or hell one of them cannot be ruled out.

You want a universe in which the Quints happened upon Cybertron and decided to use the Transformers that lived there as product? Then the Aligned universe is for you, especially the Covenant of Primus. It's not the G1 cartoon, but at least you'll get your dream of the Quints not having created the TFs but only discovered them and then tried to sell them as product, they never managed to do so, but it's about as close to your "theory" that you can get.
>:oP
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
tfparodies wrote:Well, if you're going to talk mutiverses and all, where there can be an infinite amount of differences, then the squid theory is just as valid as any other. I don't much like the whole Primus origin story myself and prefer the Quint one, but at least we are given the Quint-story in the G1 toon even though there are plenty of holes in it.


true enough
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:Which is correct.

But, in all flashbacks, claims, historical facets, etc., the Quintessons were never indicated to the be creators of any animal-based Transformers.


except for the Sharkticon and Aligatorcons right???Or maybe even all those robotic squids and fish we saw on Quintessa.......and that if you accept they truly "created" anything at all.

As I stated in an other post, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.That we didnt see any animal tfs in the flash backs or historical tapes is of no consequence.

And that's another element in this: The Trans-Organics. Both the Quints and the Transformers claimed those to be not only Quintesson-made but also predating the Transformers race. If both parties agree to both of these claims, what is there to doubt of the nature of the Trans-Organics predating the Transformers?


The existence of the Trans-Organics strengthens my theory, it shows that they have a history of experimentation pre-existing life. I'm not sure why you are bringing up the predating thing, I dont think that was ever in question.

Now, getting back to Primacron's assistant, he said that they created the Primitives, meaning that at least only the animals were different in origin to the humanoids. However, during the assistant's tale, he referred to Unicron as the last and greatest of Primacron's creation (pre-Tornedron, that is), what his work on the Primitives was building up to. This also suggests that the term "Primitives" was just in reference to their earliest creations, which happens to coincide with the animal-based dudes.


I accept all that as a given........but none of that contradicts my theory.Primacron created some of the early primitives, primitives are animal based robots.Maybe the Quints used Primacrons designs to "create" their robots?

Who knows?

Though, if I can pull out my TCC issues from 2013, they each have a section called "The Transformers Menagerie" that focused specifically on the Primitives and gave insight info into them, all told from a G1 cartoon perspective. Those issues, despite being made a few decades after the cartoon's existence, may shed some light on them.


if you got links or scanns I would love to see them


The thing is, at the time that each origin story was crafted (comic Primus vs. cartoon Quints), it was the cartoon's Quint origin that came first, in 1986. Simon Furman's Primus origin wouldn't first debut until early 1988 in the UK's "The Legacy of Unicron!" epic, and wouldn't hit American shores until late 1989 in "The Primal Scream!" and later again in 1990/1991 with "The Void!"


I know which origin came first.Thats not an issue for me.To me its more about how both origins can be meshed with little to know re-writing of any one story.

and it requires very little rewriting to just say the Quints lied.

So for a period of roughly two years, the Quintesson origin story was the only one in existence, and Marvel's adaptation of "The Big Broadcast of 2006" also included mention of it in that issue, which came out in early 1988, equally preceding any of the Primus origin issues. And at the time, that issue could have worked as a possible future for the comics at the time that the main story was at. It was only in later issues that it was fully retconned out as being just another alternate future.


I'm not sure why you sited this..........I also dont recall the Quints creation claim being mentioned in that book, but I could be mistaken.
Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Dead Metal wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Oh no, I'm not confusing you with anyone else, I just seem to have a better long term memory than you.


is that so?

well you claimed i argued that War for Cybertron was in fact G1.I know I didnt do that.So, please show me when I did as you claim.But i'm sure you'll just go on about not wanting to waste your time.

war-for-cybertron-vs-prime-t78995.php


ok, I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim.

3 pages, over 20 post by me, not once did I say that War for Cybertron was connected to the G1 toon or comic.

not to mention that topic was about The War for Cybertron and its "supposed" connections to the PRIME series.
This is fantastic, this will come in handy.


I'm shaking with anticipation....but I'm sure it wont help you.

And here is the point we can use your answer.

But adapted to the dumb "theory" I made up:
sorry buddy but thats a easy fail.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ....just because we didnt see Megatron's true alien squid form in the VERY FEW interior shots of his body does not mean that it does not exist

so you have no solid evidence.


as I figured. :grin:

theres still nothing in the series to "suggest" your theory might be true.
I pointed to 2 things that at least "suggest" the possibility of my theory.

And since you bring up DC and Star Trek to somehow prove your theory, I will do the same:
Th .

dude, you should really pay more attention to the words that re posted.

Not once did I say the multiverses of DC and Trek in any way PROVES my theory.What I said was that they helped me cultivate my theory.

This is a Dalek from Doctor Who, the Daleks are a species of squid like aliens who pilot robotic outer frames:


failures a plenty today I see :lol:
Adding to that, Primacron and his helper are just as untrustworthy as the Quints,


i can see that with Primacron, but not necessarily his helper.

You want a universe in which the Quints happened upon Cybertron and decided to use the Transformers that lived there as product? Then the Aligned universe is for you, especially the Covenant of Primus. It's not the G1 cartoon, but at least you'll get your dream of the Quints not having created the TFs but only discovered them and then tried to sell them as product, they never managed to do so, but it's about as close to your "theory" that you can get.
>:oP
thanks for the info
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
You know what? I tried,. I really tried to show you just how it is to be at the wrong end of one of your stupid "fun discussions" you do to piss people off, but you're either a bigger troll than I thought or you're too stupid to realize what you're doing.

Have a nice life.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
There's also that A3, who was one of the first generation Cybertronians, acknowledged the Quintessons as his creators.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Dead Metal wrote:You know what? I tried,. I really tried to show you just how it is to be at the wrong end of one of your stupid "fun discussions" you do to piss people off, but you're either a bigger troll than I thought or you're too stupid to realize what you're doing.

Have a nice life.


I guess you couldnt find any post of me saying what you claim ;)

theres no such thing as being on the wrong end of one of my or anyones "stupid discussions"....that you feel this way and still participated in the conversation is evidence of who the real troll is.LikevI said, I'm just having some fun.

No one invited you to join in, no one put a gun to your head and forced you to post anything.....if you dont like them, the solution is very simple, dont reply,is you feel they are stupid, dont participate, if they piss you off, ignore it.

either way, I dont hold grudges, enjoy your day. :D
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:There's also that A3, who was one of the first generation Cybertronians, acknowledged the Quintessons as his creators.


actually he said he was a first generation product of Vector Sigma.And maybe Vector Sigma was the means by which the Quints "mass produced" the robots.So, even if they enslaved the "possible" pre-exsisting life on cybertron, it could still be said that they created A3.

and also, as I pointed out about the dead primes.....he might only be reporting what he "believes" to be true.

also, A3's design doesnt quite mesh with the look of the early autobot bodies we saw in "desertion of the dinobots"....
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:also, A3's design doesnt quite mesh with the look of the early autobot bodies we saw in "desertion of the dinobots"....
Because the cartoon had such great consistency across all 98 episodes. :roll:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:also, A3's design doesnt quite mesh with the look of the early autobot bodies we saw in "desertion of the dinobots"....
Because the cartoon had such great consistency across all 98 episodes. :roll:


you are absolutely right about that.

I got a question about your previous post.......................when exactly did A3 acknowledge the Quints as his creators?

I just watched and read the script of "forever is a long time coming", and at no time did he make such a claim.

unless I missed something, he only referred to them as their slave masters.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:

another mistake like that and you'll have to turn in your "knower of all things" card 8-}
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:

another mistake like that and you'll have to turn in your "knower of all things" card 8-}
A card that I never claimed to have, yet so many people claim I do.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:

another mistake like that and you'll have to turn in your "knower of all things" card 8-}
A card that I never claimed to have, yet so many people claim I do.

its your rep bud, its a compliment, trust me :APPLAUSE:
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:

another mistake like that and you'll have to turn in your "knower of all things" card 8-}
A card that I never claimed to have, yet so many people claim I do.

its your rep bud, its a compliment, trust me :APPLAUSE:
To be honest, sometimes I wish it weren't so.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: What exactly is The Plasma Energy Chamber?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Might've misheard him when he said "masters". :oops:

another mistake like that and you'll have to turn in your "knower of all things" card 8-}
A card that I never claimed to have, yet so many people claim I do.

its your rep bud, its a compliment, trust me :APPLAUSE:
To be honest, sometimes I wish it weren't so.

is it because you find you dont enjoy the fandom as much as others seem to?
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7088
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014