Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What Happened To The Chronicles?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:24 am

Hi All,

With all the recent activity around Prime, FoC, Micron Arms etc etc, what happened to the Chronicle range? The inner panels on the previously released Megatron and Optimus depicted images of Shockwave and Bumblebee (or was it Starscream?) and one would assume they would be the next in line.
Are they going to be released? If so, when? Is Takara waiting for the smoke to clear before they relaunch the new range? Any help appreciated folks.
Breakdown 2099

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
breakdown99 wrote:Hi All,

With all the recent activity around Prime, FoC, Micron Arms etc etc, what happened to the Chronicle range? The inner panels on the previously released Megatron and Optimus depicted images of Shockwave and Bumblebee (or was it Starscream?) and one would assume they would be the next in line.
Are they going to be released? If so, when? Is Takara waiting for the smoke to clear before they relaunch the new range? Any help appreciated folks.


Bumblebee and Shockwave?

Huh? Are you talking about this entertainment pack with Bumblebee, Starscream, Silas, and MECH soldier?

Image

At the Toy Fair 2012 we were told that like most First Edition figures, this will only see Canadian & Asian Market releases, but is not coming to the U.S (source)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5408
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:22 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Nothing has ever surfaced about any future Chronicle releases, I'm afraid. The inner panels showed both G1 and Movie versions of Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream, Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Ironhide only for illustration purposes.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14576
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby Chaoslock » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
PrimeStriker wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Hi All,

With all the recent activity around Prime, FoC, Micron Arms etc etc, what happened to the Chronicle range? The inner panels on the previously released Megatron and Optimus depicted images of Shockwave and Bumblebee (or was it Starscream?) and one would assume they would be the next in line.
Are they going to be released? If so, when? Is Takara waiting for the smoke to clear before they relaunch the new range? Any help appreciated folks.


Bumblebee and Shockwave?

Huh? Are you talking about this entertainment pack with Bumblebee, Starscream, Silas, and MECH soldier?

Image

At the Toy Fair 2012 we were told that like most First Edition figures, this will only see Canadian & Asian Market releases, but is not coming to the U.S (source)


Nope, Chronicle figures - a G1 and a movieverse figure packed together:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... +chronicle

If I had to guess, HasTak realized people are really tired of movieverse figures (including their 1:2 ratio of Bumblebees in every shipment), so they got thrown out with the rest of the movie lines.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
PrimeStriker wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Hi All,

With all the recent activity around Prime, FoC, Micron Arms etc etc, what happened to the Chronicle range? The inner panels on the previously released Megatron and Optimus depicted images of Shockwave and Bumblebee (or was it Starscream?) and one would assume they would be the next in line.
Are they going to be released? If so, when? Is Takara waiting for the smoke to clear before they relaunch the new range? Any help appreciated folks.


Bumblebee and Shockwave?

Huh? Are you talking about this entertainment pack with Bumblebee, Starscream, Silas, and MECH soldier?

Image

At the Toy Fair 2012 we were told that like most First Edition figures, this will only see Canadian & Asian Market releases, but is not coming to the U.S (source)


He is talking about the Takara Chronicle releases that paired movie Optimus with G1 Optimus and movie Megatron with G1 Megatron. These right here.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3465
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Hi All,

With all the recent activity around Prime, FoC, Micron Arms etc etc, what happened to the Chronicle range? The inner panels on the previously released Megatron and Optimus depicted images of Shockwave and Bumblebee (or was it Starscream?) and one would assume they would be the next in line.
Are they going to be released? If so, when? Is Takara waiting for the smoke to clear before they relaunch the new range? Any help appreciated folks.


Bumblebee and Shockwave?

Huh? Are you talking about this entertainment pack with Bumblebee, Starscream, Silas, and MECH soldier?

Image

At the Toy Fair 2012 we were told that like most First Edition figures, this will only see Canadian & Asian Market releases, but is not coming to the U.S (source)


He is talking about the Takara Chronicle releases that paired movie Optimus with G1 Optimus and movie Megatron with G1 Megatron. These right here.


I was reminded of them when Chaoslock replied. Didn't feel the need to respond.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5408
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
PrimeStriker wrote:I was reminded of them when Chaoslock replied. Didn't feel the need to respond.


Nobody asked you to respond, he must have post his response right when I started working on mine.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3465
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby Blurrz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Last rumor that was sent my way was that Chronicles 03 would feature Bumblebee. Pretty sure it was cancelled along with other things late 2011.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11577
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby RodimalToyota » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm

After the fail being, deluxe movie prime, and G1 Megatron, missing half of himself.
Who needs more?
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 am

RodimalToyota wrote:After the fail being, deluxe movie prime, and G1 Megatron, missing half of himself.
Who needs more?



I do.
Breakdown 2099

Re: What Happened To The Chronicles?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Blurrz wrote:Last rumor that was sent my way was that Chronicles 03 would feature Bumblebee. Pretty sure it was cancelled along with other things late 2011.



It would be pretty pathetic IMO to see Deluxe Bumblebee packed with the tiny G1 one. Oh, and pay the insane mark up, even in Japan. 8-}
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1845
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion