For the past year on this site I have seen a lot of people using the term “fan boy”. I have no idea what they are talking about and think the term sounds a little bizarre. I consider myself to be a “fan”. I am curious how the users of this term distinguish the difference between a “fan” and a “fan boy”.
I consider myself a fan because :
1. I love Transformers
2. I collect Transformers figures.
3. I watch Transformers TV series and movies.
4. I have a few Transformers posters that glow under the black light.
I don’t consider myself a “fan boy” because :
1. I only wear my Botcon shirts at Botcons.
2. I don’t stick Transformer decals on my car.
3. I don’t collect Transformers related products like Kreo sets or Mr. Potato heads.
4. I don’t own Transformers bed sheets or shower curtains.
5. I don’t wear corny masks at Botcon.
6. I don’t buy Transformers comic books. I only read free ones.
7. I don’t have any Transformers tattoos.
8. I don’t follow Michael Bay tweets.
With all this being said can someone please tell me what in the blue hell is a “fan boy”?
I’m not trying to offend anyone who uses the term but you guys really got me puzzled…