Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Moderators: Psychout, Burn, Sustain, crazyfists

What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby WarHorse » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
So Ashin was telling me the other day that the Dol-Laser was the best Firepower 2 weapon, which was great to know as it was far less expensive than the Plasma Shotgun.

So what's the best Firepower 3 weapon?
Image
WarHorse
Fuzor
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:06 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby _Anshin_ » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Honestly not much difference in damage. If you really feel like throwing Energon away, go for the Brawn Blaster. I find a 3 point deviation in the positive way for using it (Mapped weapons up to 6fp/2sk and differences between Laser-Blazer Broadsword and and Black Magic with the help of AD and N_V).

Seriously some of the best results and weapons I have kept up to level 6 are the Battle Blades.
_Anshin_
Brainmaster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby WarHorse » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:14 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
_Anshin_ wrote:Honestly not much difference in damage. If you really feel like throwing Energon away, go for the Brawn Blaster. I find a 3 point deviation in the positive way for using it (Mapped weapons up to 6fp/2sk and differences between Laser-Blazer Broadsword and and Black Magic with the help of AD and N_V).

Seriously some of the best results and weapons I have kept up to level 6 are the Battle Blades.



Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little disappointed. I was hoping for a little more "bang for the buck".

I'll probably hang on to the Dol for now. I'm constantly on the lookout for Null's (with no luck so far) so now I'll add Battle Blades to the list.

Do you know if there's a listing of all the weapons somewhere and their requirements?
Image
WarHorse
Fuzor
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:06 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby _Anshin_ » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 am

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... eapons.php

PM me and I will release the last two Null Rays I have when we can work out a time so you get them.
_Anshin_
Brainmaster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Archone » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

I've got a question pertinent to this. I've been told that many cybertronians go for high strength and then bare hands. As if having high strength eventually comes to supersede weaponry, like with the Black Belt/Master from Final Fantasy 1, who did massive damage with bare hands as compared to weapons.

I've got an autobot with a strength of 10... and a firepower of 2. He's hitting hard with punches and kicks (though it's been hard to determine that because he's more likely to ram... or repair an ally). Will he be continuing to do more damage with bare hands than with a weapon, or can I benefit from upping his firepower and/or skill and equipping a better weapon accordingly?
Archone
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby turbomagnus » Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 am

Weapon: Shotgun
Archone wrote:I've got a question pertinent to this. I've been told that many cybertronians go for high strength and then bare hands. As if having high strength eventually comes to supersede weaponry, like with the Black Belt/Master from Final Fantasy 1, who did massive damage with bare hands as compared to weapons.

I've got an autobot with a strength of 10... and a firepower of 2. He's hitting hard with punches and kicks (though it's been hard to determine that because he's more likely to ram... or repair an ally). Will he be continuing to do more damage with bare hands than with a weapon, or can I benefit from upping his firepower and/or skill and equipping a better weapon accordingly?



The general rule of thumb is that at lower levels it's better to have high strength and no weapon since with a few exceptions[sup]1[/sup] most weapons don't really do that effective damage until you get into the ten-point-total weapons[sup]2[/sup] and up.

Another thing to take into account in the situation you describe is the feeder stats; high strength increases the damage done by your Ram tactic, increases your chances to stun a rammed opponent (which can be a tide-turner) and perhaps more importantly reduces your chances of being stunned by an enemy ram. Plus, higher strength means more armour which can help reduce damage from enemy attacks.

Of course, what do I know? I'm one of those crazy people that actually equips his team according to 'their' weapons and not necessarily the 'best' weapons.

1. Best known exception; Battle Blades. Personally, I've had good runs from time to time with Laser Cannons and Gatling Cannons.

2. Ten-point-total refers to the total combined points-cost of the weapon in Firepower and Skill; 5/5, 6/4, 7/3, 8/2, 9/1, 10/0 and the like. Basically, any weapon where you can add the firepower and skill requirements and end up with a total of ten or higher are considered to be where weapons begin to become effective.
turbomagnus
City Commander
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 2

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Archone » Sat May 19, 2012 2:02 am

Yes, but that doesn't answer the base question. Does having high strength augment the damage done with weapons? His strength is 10 and his firepower is 2, and I can augment firepower or skill up higher. But... will he do more damage with a weapon than without? Is it like, say... melee weapons in 4th edition Shadowrun, where a sword does (Strength/2 + 3) damage, or is it more like the guns, where a heavy pistol does 5 damage period? That's my question: does high strength augment weaponry, or will he do more damage with bare hands?
Archone
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Phaze » Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 am

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Archone wrote:Yes, but that doesn't answer the base question. Does having high strength augment the damage done with weapons? His strength is 10 and his firepower is 2, and I can augment firepower or skill up higher. But... will he do more damage with a weapon than without? Is it like, say... melee weapons in 4th edition Shadowrun, where a sword does (Strength/2 + 3) damage, or is it more like the guns, where a heavy pistol does 5 damage period? That's my question: does high strength augment weaponry, or will he do more damage with bare hands?


I understand the question and no High strength doesn't equate to more weapons strength high str usually equates to a stronger ram tactic and a reduction of stun effect from the same tactic,firepower lends itself to strafe. So he would probably do more damage with bare hands than with a weapon unless its one of those rare exception's.

As a rule i usually keep a weapon on a bot until they get 7 str then i ditch it. Only exception to this is my namesake who is using the custom hellfire shotty i won for a winning weapon name.

hope this answers your question.
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2682
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Archone » Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

Ah. Usually... so are the exceptions the melee weapons? I.e. high strength won't help a laser rifle, but will help a sword?
Archone
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Phaze » Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Archone wrote:Ah. Usually... so are the exceptions the melee weapons? I.e. high strength won't help a laser rifle, but will help a sword?

Ah sorry that was a typo stupid illness it just effects ram and bare knuckles. You have to look in the damage allocation range on the weapons table to work out what does serious damage.

usually the smaller the range gap the more damage it'll do ie. devastating to incredible will do more damage consistantly than a light to incredible.
the recharge rates also come into play but thats best left to the mystic Adeptus Moderatous to understand that.
Last edited by Phaze on Sun May 20, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2682
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Archone » Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Ah. Okay, thanks. You've been very helpful :)
Archone
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Phaze » Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 am

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Archone wrote:Ah. Okay, thanks. You've been very helpful :)

not a problem
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2682
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Name_Violation » Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
to my knowelege STR adds to ALL damage (lazers included)

honestly the best weapon at a 3 frp is a 5 str. str 5 or better is better in my experience than any weapon who's stat requirements are less than 10 total
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9438
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: What's the best Weapon at FP3?

Postby Tammuz » Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am

If you're insistent on having 3FP go for the smallest damage range and No recharge. But overall Str is usually better as it not only lets you hit harder regardless of weapons, it also allows you to equip more armor
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm


Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014