Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby SentinelA » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Masterpiece Galvatron
SentinelA
Headmaster
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Autobot Genocide » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Motto: ""Hey don't worry me and my squad of ultimate bad ass's will protect you""
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
IDW DJD. (everyone of them!)

IDW Missfire.

IDW FlyWheels.

Classics Barricade (not that prime stuff)
Autobot Genocide
Gestalt
Posts: 2334
News Credits: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: 3RDP Forum

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby craggy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Autobot Genocide wrote:IDW DJD. (everyone of them!)

IDW Missfire.

IDW FlyWheels.

Classics Barricade (not that prime stuff)

I'd love me some DJD and Scavengers. While we're at it, Pharma and Overlord would be most welcome.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4646
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby xyl360 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:17 pm

WfC Decepticon carbots (Breakdown and Barricade). Seriously, their alt modes and bot modes are awesome. Make it happen in shiny metallic/metal flake paint Takara :D!
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Henry921 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
xyl360 wrote:WfC Decepticon carbots (Breakdown and Barricade). Seriously, their alt modes and bot modes are awesome. Make it happen in shiny metallic/metal flake paint Takara :D!


I think the forthcoming Barricade in TFS 2.0 is meant to be Aligned Barricade. Which is a shame.

Breakdown I could see, but he'd most likely be a retool of the Jazz mold.

In addition to those two I'd like to see FOC Quake (from Fall of Cybertron's Escalation mode), WFC Drag Strip, and WFC Dead End.

And maybe a WFC Ironhide and Warpath, just to even the sides out a little. ;)
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby xyl360 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 am

Henry921 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:WfC Decepticon carbots (Breakdown and Barricade). Seriously, their alt modes and bot modes are awesome. Make it happen in shiny metallic/metal flake paint Takara :D!


I think the forthcoming Barricade in TFS 2.0 is meant to be Aligned Barricade. Which is a shame.

Breakdown I could see, but he'd most likely be a retool of the Jazz mold.

In addition to those two I'd like to see FOC Quake (from Fall of Cybertron's Escalation mode), WFC Drag Strip, and WFC Dead End.

And maybe a WFC Ironhide and Warpath, just to even the sides out a little. ;)

Looking at a bunch of images online, Barricade in WfC looks almost perfect as a retool of Prime Wheeljack to me, including in bot mode:
Image
I think Breakdown is very similar, but either a different mold or more likely at least a heavy retooling:
Image

Either way, I think Wheeljack would have worked much better as an Aligned Barricade than as Chromedome. I'm still wondering why they did a Chromedome anyway. It seems kinda random to me to bring a Headmaster into it, but I guess it's probably because he's popular right now because of the comics or something (I don't read em' so I don't know, but I do recall some discussions about Chromedome in the new IDW comics a while back).
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Henry921 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:30 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
xyl360 wrote:Looking at a bunch of images online, Barricade in WfC looks almost perfect as a retool of Prime Wheeljack to me, including in bot mode:
Image
I think Breakdown is very similar, but either a different mold or more likely at least a heavy retooling:
Image

Either way, I think Wheeljack would have worked much better as an Aligned Barricade than as Chromedome. I'm still wondering why they did a Chromedome anyway. It seems kinda random to me to bring a Headmaster into it, but I guess it's probably because he's popular right now because of the comics or something (I don't read em' so I don't know, but I do recall some discussions about Chromedome in the new IDW comics a while back).


Exactly. Chromedome and Rewind are getting figures to capitalize on the popularity of their comic appearances. There's nothing more to it than that.

And while Wheeljack's car mode DOES look quite advanced, it doesn't quite look alien enough to be a Cybertronian vehicle. I feel much the same way about Cybertronian Jazz's vehicle mode, but it's a better fit.

Hell, screw it. Just wish for new molds for all of them. Barricade, Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, and Quake! :D

And also the generic fliers and ground troops. And titans. And bruisers. And leapers.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Blasphemous Prime » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Motto: "If not by graceful diplomacy, then by deadly force!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Generations:
G1 Arcee
G1 Quintessons
G1 Sharkticon
G1 Sweeps
G1 Ironhide and Ratchet
Gestalts

Masterpiece:
Megatron V2
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Scourge
User avatar
Blasphemous Prime
Minibot
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 pm
Location: Jonesville, MI
Watch Blasphemous Prime on YouTube
Buy from Blasphemous Prime on eBay
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Delicon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Obviously, there's a lot that could be released but when you specify Takara I generally think of Encore and Masterpiece. Being that I am only a casual MP buyer, I'd say Encore Trypticon and/or Scorponok top my personal list.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2388
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Vile MK III » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Masterpiece Star Convoy.

Reissue Metal Hawk.
Image "Pet da evil kitty."
Vile MK III
Pretender
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:16 pm

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
What about a Generations Trypticon on scale with Metroplex?
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3627
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Midnight_Fox » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
fenrir72 wrote:What about a Generations Trypticon on scale with Metroplex?


Midnight_Fox wrote:Titan class Trypticon.


Pg 1. ;)
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1617
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby ausbot » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
xaaron, Rack'n'Ruin, and a Devcon from a retooled G1 scourge.
User avatar
ausbot
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby craggy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

gothweaver wrote:Generations:
G1 Sweeps

they made that already: Generations Scourge.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4646
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby xyl360 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 pm

craggy wrote:
gothweaver wrote:Generations:
G1 Sweeps

they made that already: Generations Scourge.

Hehe, yep, and United Scourge works as "Scourge" himself, then you can just troop build with Hasbro Scourges to be the Sweeps :).

Then if you're truly hardcore you can get the Takara EHobby exclusive United Scourge and use him as the Starscream-possessed Scourge :P.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby xyl360 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Henry921 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Looking at a bunch of images online, Barricade in WfC looks almost perfect as a retool of Prime Wheeljack to me, including in bot mode:
Image
I think Breakdown is very similar, but either a different mold or more likely at least a heavy retooling:
Image

Either way, I think Wheeljack would have worked much better as an Aligned Barricade than as Chromedome. I'm still wondering why they did a Chromedome anyway. It seems kinda random to me to bring a Headmaster into it, but I guess it's probably because he's popular right now because of the comics or something (I don't read em' so I don't know, but I do recall some discussions about Chromedome in the new IDW comics a while back).


Exactly. Chromedome and Rewind are getting figures to capitalize on the popularity of their comic appearances. There's nothing more to it than that.

And while Wheeljack's car mode DOES look quite advanced, it doesn't quite look alien enough to be a Cybertronian vehicle. I feel much the same way about Cybertronian Jazz's vehicle mode, but it's a better fit.

I dunno, if you look at just the outline of the vehicles and compare them to Prime Wheeljack, they're virtually the same. I think a bit of kibble added to the front end for Barricade and a different paintjob would have done the trick for vehicle mode along with a new head for bot mode (obviously). He even has the two bits sticking up behind his head just like TF:Prime Wheeljack in bot mode and their shoulders look nearly identical and even appear to share much the same transformation scheme. If I didn't know better, I'd say that TF:Prime Wheeljack was designed based on the WfC Barricade model (and I don't know better so it's entirely possible IMO :P).
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby Aladar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
A proper Leobreaker with a screen accurate savage claw mode
Stand together!
http://aladrscustoms.webs.com/

Commission a custom today
Aladar
Fuzor
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nesting Grounds
Watch Aladar on YouTube
Buy from Aladar on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: What's your "Pretty please, Takara!" Transformer you wish they'd release?

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
G1 Elita-1
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3627
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014