Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Avinash_Tyagi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Burn wrote:
Avinash_Tyagi wrote:Give the next set of movies tot he guys working on Transformers Prime, that show is far better than anything in the Bay movies


You do realise that Orci and Kurtzman who wrote the first two TF movies are executive producing TF: Prime right?

Let's keep those two hacks far away from ANYTHING TF related in the future. I dread the day they decide to stop being executive producers and take up writing TF:Prime.



Producing is different from writing and directing though, as long as they don't screw with the writing and directing its ok, all they need to do is keep the money flowing
Avinash_Tyagi
Mini-Con
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Burn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm well aware of the differences, i'd just prefer to have neither of them anywhere near the franchise at all.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38122
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".


Not confusing. Just poorly written, full of lame jokes, annoying characters, and overused clichés.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".


Not confusing. Just poorly written, full of lame jokes, annoying characters, and overused clichés.

So was Crash, but it won best picture at the Oscars.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".


Not confusing. Just poorly written, full of lame jokes, annoying characters, and overused clichés.

So was Crash, but it won best picture at the Oscars.


I saw Crash in high school. I remember it being a good movie.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".


Not confusing. Just poorly written, full of lame jokes, annoying characters, and overused clichés.

So was Crash, but it won best picture at the Oscars.


I saw Crash in high school. I remember it being a good movie.

I hated it myself. Everyone kept running their mouths and wouldn't listen, which was annoying. Then they had stupid stuff like the guys door getting broken. It was clear the door was broken and he needed a new one but he wouldn't listen to the locksmith. I could go on and on about why I hated that movie, but I don't want to derail the thread.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Orci and Kurtzman aren't half bad. Many seem to forget that ROTF was produced while the majority of the script was written under fire during the Writer's Guild strike.


I still don't get how that movie was "confusing".


Not confusing. Just poorly written, full of lame jokes, annoying characters, and overused clichés.


No one annoyed me. And what cleches? The script for all 3 movies seemed really unique. With every movie I saw this year, I knew exactly what everyone was going to day. I never felt that way with any of the TF movies.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah but none of the other movies had bright shiney objects that distracted you so easily.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38122
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Biddybot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 pm

What I learned is that when Michael Bay makes a movie, you can pretty much count on him to use the exact same directing style and to focus on his same favourite motifs--heroism, romance, stuff blowing up--regardless of the movie's subject matter.

That's based strictly on what Michael Bay's actually done, on what he's created, by the way. I've bever paid any attention to what the guy says.
Image

Even in the movieverse, Kickback remained unclear on the concept.
User avatar
Biddybot
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Burn wrote:Yeah but none of the other movies had bright shiney objects that distracted you so easily.


Battle LA did. Captain America sorta did. Especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The stole a line DIRECTLY FROM DOTM!

"We only have one shot."
"One shot's all we need."

That movie stole 2 lines right from DOTM's script. The writers of that movie are thieves!!!
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:Battle LA did. Captain America sorta did. Especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The stole a line DIRECTLY FROM DOTM!

"We only have one shot."
"One shot's all we need."

That movie stole 2 lines right from DOTM's script. The writers of that movie are thieves!!!


Wow, they stole one fairly generic line from a movie that wasn't even out when the script was written. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

You want to go over all the lines DOTM "stole" from other movies as well?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Battle LA did. Captain America sorta did. Especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The stole a line DIRECTLY FROM DOTM!

"We only have one shot."
"One shot's all we need."

That movie stole 2 lines right from DOTM's script. The writers of that movie are thieves!!!


Wow, they stole one fairly generic line from a movie that wasn't even out when the script was written. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

You want to go over all the lines DOTM "stole" from other movies as well?



...yeah.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Battle LA did. Captain America sorta did. Especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The stole a line DIRECTLY FROM DOTM!

"We only have one shot."
"One shot's all we need."

That movie stole 2 lines right from DOTM's script. The writers of that movie are thieves!!!


Wow, they stole one fairly generic line from a movie that wasn't even out when the script was written. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

You want to go over all the lines DOTM "stole" from other movies as well?



...yeah.


Well tough, I don't have its script on hand. If I did, this would be a longer post. Still, calling people "thieves" for using a line from a movie that didn't even exist when they were writing their own script is really silly.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Battle LA did. Captain America sorta did. Especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The stole a line DIRECTLY FROM DOTM!

"We only have one shot."
"One shot's all we need."

That movie stole 2 lines right from DOTM's script. The writers of that movie are thieves!!!


Wow, they stole one fairly generic line from a movie that wasn't even out when the script was written. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

You want to go over all the lines DOTM "stole" from other movies as well?



...yeah.


Well tough, I don't have its script on hand. If I did, this would be a longer post. Still, calling people "thieves" for using a line from a movie that didn't even exist when they were writing their own script is really silly.


Exactly! You've no proof! "Raise your hand if you had a psycho, flying ninja, copier try to kill you today". I bet that wasn't in another movie. :P
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:Exactly! You've no proof!


Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Though, in this case, I simply don't have the evidence on hand. It doesn't mean you're right--you're extremely wrong, in fact--it just means I can't list the myriad of ways you're wrong. Yet.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Exactly! You've no proof!


Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Though, in this case, I simply don't have the evidence on hand. It doesn't mean you're right--you're extremely wrong, in fact--it just means I can't list the myriad of ways you're wrong. Yet.


That's my line! I always use that line, you stole that from me. I wasn't serious any way; I mean of course they stole the line from DOTM, there's just no need to call the police about it. :P
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3937
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby TulioDude » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
LadyBug wrote:
TulioDude wrote:What i learned was that not everyone is gonna be pleased.

The movies were preety cool,even with some small flaws,are still awesome.


Small flaws? Lots of flaws. The only thing that Bay got right was getting Peter Cullen's to voice Optimus.

Depends on what you see as flaws.What you mean by got right?Was Hugo Weaving an Jess Harnell on the movie was wrong?Having Optimus as a Peterbuilt with flames was wrong?
They were doing the right thing.
Image
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Exactly! You've no proof!


Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Though, in this case, I simply don't have the evidence on hand. It doesn't mean you're right--you're extremely wrong, in fact--it just means I can't list the myriad of ways you're wrong. Yet.


That's my line! I always use that line, you stole that from me.


And you stole it from an episode of the Boondocks.

SlyTF1 wrote:I wasn't serious any way; I mean of course they stole the line from DOTM, there's just no need to call the police about it. :P


No, they didn't. It's a very generic line. And DOTM hadn't even come out when they were writing Rise of the Planet of the Apes.They'd be ripping off a movie they hadn't seen yet.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby BeastProwl » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
This topic is de-railing....just saying...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:23 pm

BeastProwl wrote:This topic is de-railing....just saying...


And this post of yours was on topic?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38122
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Cthulhunicron » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

I learned that America is becoming more and more like the society depicted in Idiocracy.
User avatar
Cthulhunicron
Minibot
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 am

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Cthulhunicron wrote:I learned that America is becoming more and more like the society depicted in Idiocracy.

I agree, the things I've heard people complain about makes me wonder if they're capable of paying attention.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Shadowman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Cthulhunicron wrote:I learned that America is becoming more and more like the society depicted in Idiocracy.

I agree, the things I've heard people complain about makes me wonder if they're capable of paying attention.


I could easily say the opposite is true.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: What we learned from Michael Bay with the 3 movies and beyond

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Cthulhunicron wrote:I learned that America is becoming more and more like the society depicted in Idiocracy.

I agree, the things I've heard people complain about makes me wonder if they're capable of paying attention.


I could easily say the opposite is true.

Have you ever made a post that wasn't just to disagree with someone?
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014