Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby JohnOfTardis67 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 am

Weapon: Cluster Bombs
OK for two movies we had an awesome Optimus Prime and in the 3rd movie he was also awesome. But where the hell was the trailer? Howcome we never saw it or had a hint of it in the two previous movies?

Oh and my only nitpick with the movie was the wires. I sort of had a bit of disbelief that a few wires could have undone Optimus?
JohnOfTardis67
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Buy from JohnOfTardis67 on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:08 am

Motto: "I Stand Alone"
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
There wasn't a written part for it, nor was there a design for it. It think maybe they thought it might have been too much for the first film. I guess he could have gotten it for the second film, but they decided he would be combining with Jetfire, so the trailer would have just become a lot of excess baggage. It was written into the 3rd film, as well as a new way to sell toys, so he got his trailer for the last film.

As for nitpicks, I have more than a few. Considering some of the more glaring mistakes of the film it was easy for me to overlook the wires.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14709
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Frog Balls, AR

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby Skyfire77 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:52 am

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:OK for two movies we had an awesome Optimus Prime and in the 3rd movie he was also awesome. But where the hell was the trailer?


Subspace.
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1077
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby JohnOfTardis67 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:30 am

Weapon: Cluster Bombs
Skyfire77 wrote:
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:OK for two movies we had an awesome Optimus Prime and in the 3rd movie he was also awesome. But where the hell was the trailer?


Subspace.


lol.....
JohnOfTardis67
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Buy from JohnOfTardis67 on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby JohnOfTardis67 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 am

Weapon: Cluster Bombs
Rodimus Prime wrote:There wasn't a written part for it, nor was there a design for it. It think maybe they thought it might have been too much for the first film. I guess he could have gotten it for the second film, but they decided he would be combining with Jetfire, so the trailer would have just become a lot of excess baggage. It was written into the 3rd film, as well as a new way to sell toys, so he got his trailer for the last film.

As for nitpicks, I have more than a few. Considering some of the more glaring mistakes of the film it was easy for me to overlook the wires.



On that is there a thread that covers nitpicks with the movie or plotholes?
JohnOfTardis67
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Buy from JohnOfTardis67 on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby SJ21 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The way I understood the movie was that he didn't have a trailer in the first two movies because it wasn't built yet. The trailer appeared in the third movie because the Autobots and humans built more weapons. I think Optimus said something to that effect at the beginning of the film, during the intro.
If anyone has a TFSS Breakdown they don't want, PM me please. I would love to take him off your hands.
SJ21
Brainmaster
Posts: 1457
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 am

Motto: "I Stand Alone"
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
SJ21 wrote:The way I understood the movie was that he didn't have a trailer in the first two movies because it wasn't built yet. The trailer appeared in the third movie because the Autobots and humans built more weapons. I think Optimus said something to that effect at the beginning of the film, during the intro.


I'm not sure if it was specifically covered in the film, but I believe it was mentioned in the book that indeed NEST built that trailer for him to transport his extra blades and the wings.

As for threads nitpicking, I'm sure you'll find quite a few around, but you might have to go back a few pages to threads that originated in the summer after DotM came out.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14709
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Frog Balls, AR

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby mbd88prime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
the wire thing was a plot device. It made it so that the whole autobot captured scene was possible. Since optimus and the b-a wreckers were otherwise occupied, you couldnt ask, "why didnt optimus and the wreckers just bail them out?" In general it also added to the drama and made optimus' appearence in the scene where he kills shockwave more dramatic and therefore more effective as an overall story and marketing tool!

you'll find that in most transformers storylines, be they movie, comic, or tv show, optimus is almost killed and maimed by characters and situations that could never, in reality, actually do him that much harm, assuming he really does posses the stats that every optimus toy package indicates (i.e. straight tens with a couple 8s thrown in). The point in each instance, such as the wires, is to add to the drama of the plot and make it so that when the bad guy gets what's coming to him it's all the more satisfying. Unfortunately it tends to make the big op look like a pansy a lot of the time (I wont buy idw for this one reason!) and that kind of sucks for prime lovers such as myself.

That's one more reason why transformers prime is the best tf continuity to date, IMO, because tf prime optimus kicks some serious transistor!
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
mbd88prime
Fuzor
Posts: 201
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: where I am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby dinogeist » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 am

their was no need for a trailer in the first 2 movies. as it would have slowed down optimus prime & increased the sized of the alt mode in those vechicle chase scenes. also the trailer would have had to get left behind during battle when optimus transformed & fought in robot mode.

since fans were crying for a useless trailer in the 3rd dotm movie. the trailer's sole purpose in the dotm movie was to transport optimus prime's flight pack & other weapons into battle for his robot mode.
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby RhA » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:OK for two movies we had an awesome Optimus Prime and in the 3rd movie he was also awesome. But where the hell was the trailer?


Subspace.


lol.....


That's where all your left socks went as well.
Image
Latest TF: Generations Skids, Generations Rhinox & MIB G1 Whirl
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Where was Optimus Prime's trailer?

Postby JohnOfTardis67 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Weapon: Cluster Bombs
RhA wrote:
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
JohnOfTardis67 wrote:OK for two movies we had an awesome Optimus Prime and in the 3rd movie he was also awesome. But where the hell was the trailer?


Subspace.


lol.....


That's where all your left socks went as well.



I tell you one day if we make a trip there we'll find all our lost socks and other stuff..

That's also where lost coins go from under the sofa cushions.
JohnOfTardis67
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Buy from JohnOfTardis67 on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014